Author Topic: US Election: 2016  (Read 606021 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
Re: US Election: 2016
« Reply #3050 on: January 03, 2017, 01:31:32 »
Actually, it is very easy to eliminate the Russians as suspects in any attempted hacking or influencing of the elections: their candidate lost.

Which candidate could have been easily manipulated/blackmailed through the knowledge of classified US documents and information held on an illegal private server?

Which candidate was vulnerable to being influenced through pay to play?

Which candidate was already funnelling money to Russia's "Silicon Valley" and allowed Russia to buy control of 20% of America's uranium industry?

Which candidate was also vulnerable due to revelations that they were in collusion with their party to rig the primaries and nomination process, not to mention collusion with the media and polling companies to manipulate the news?

Why wouldn't the Russians have gone all out to ensure Hillary Clinton was elected since she was the perfect puppet for Russian influence and victim for blackmail? If the reports of Russian influence are actually true, then President Putin must be raging through FSB headquarters every day and lots of Russian Cyberwar experts are managing network infrastructure somewhere in Siberia.

Fitst principles are wonderful things........
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3051 on: January 03, 2017, 12:47:08 »
Actually, it is very easy to eliminate the Russians as suspects in any attempted hacking or influencing of the elections: their candidate lost.

Which candidate could have been easily manipulated/blackmailed through the knowledge of classified US documents and information held on an illegal private server?

Which candidate was vulnerable to being influenced through pay to play?

Which candidate was already funnelling money to Russia's "Silicon Valley" and allowed Russia to buy control of 20% of America's uranium industry?

Which candidate was also vulnerable due to revelations that they were in collusion with their party to rig the primaries and nomination process, not to mention collusion with the media and polling companies to manipulate the news?

Why wouldn't the Russians have gone all out to ensure Hillary Clinton was elected since she was the perfect puppet for Russian influence and victim for blackmail? If the reports of Russian influence are actually true, then President Putin must be raging through FSB headquarters every day and lots of Russian Cyberwar experts are managing network infrastructure somewhere in Siberia.

Fitst principles are wonderful things........

May be the goods they have on Trump are even more damaging??
Years ago, fairy tales all began with, "Once upon a time." Now we know they all began with, "If I'm elected."

Carolyn Warner

Online tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3052 on: January 03, 2017, 19:22:14 »
More like who has what on Obama. The Chinese hacked government servers and got info on 4m civilian and military personnel.No diplomats were kicked out of the country.In fact nothing happened.  ::)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-suspects-hackers-in-china-behind-government-data-breach-sources-say-1433451888

Offline Technoviking

DANCE TO THE TECHNOVIKING.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • OBEY!
« Reply #3053 on: January 04, 2017, 14:46:32 »
My odd-ball theory?  Mr Obama, after weeks of assuring the US people that no, you cannot "hack" an election and that if you cannot accept the results, it's a danger to democracy, after his heir apparent lost the election, changed track 180 degrees in order to not just have people lose confidence in Mr Trump, but to declare that election void and null in order to cancel the inauguration and issue some executive order declaring himself president for life.

Edit to add:

Oh, and chemtrails.  Obviously.

So, there I was....

Online ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #3054 on: January 04, 2017, 18:45:59 »
We haven't asked this guy yet:

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline cavalryman

Done with the demented bureaucracy.

• You can't put a pricetag on patriotism
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3055 on: January 04, 2017, 18:50:58 »
You must mean this one

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3056 on: January 05, 2017, 15:52:17 »
Apparently it's Trumps fault 4 Black Americans kidnapped, confined, degraded and tortured a mentally handicapped white guy which they posted on facebook.

Symone Sanders from CNN really nailed it.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/05/crazy-cnn-panelist-blames-trump-for-kidnapped-tortured-white-man-that-is-not-a-hate-crime-video/

It also doesn't look like Chicago police will not be investigating it as a hate crime despite the attackers screaming '**ck white people'.  According to the Chicago chief of police it's just some kids making a dumb mistake.  I mean who hasn't made an autistic kid drink water from a toilet right?

Online ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #3057 on: January 05, 2017, 16:16:40 »
Apparently it's Trumps fault 4 Black Americans kidnapped, confined, degraded and tortured a mentally handicapped white guy which they posted on facebook.

Symone Sanders from CNN really nailed it.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/05/crazy-cnn-panelist-blames-trump-for-kidnapped-tortured-white-man-that-is-not-a-hate-crime-video/

It also doesn't look like Chicago police will not be investigating it as a hate crime despite the attackers screaming '**ck white people'.  According to the Chicago chief of police it's just some kids making a dumb mistake.  I mean who hasn't made an autistic kid drink water from a toilet right?

The ACLU needs to jump on this for the sake of the victim. Equality under the law, equality before the law.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline cupper

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then wait until dark.
« Reply #3058 on: January 05, 2017, 20:10:28 »
It was announced on the news tonight that they are being charged with a hate crime along with all the other charges that will be brought forward.
It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, it's damned near impossible against a stupid person.

There is no God, and life is just a myth.

"He who drinks, sleeps. He who sleeps, does not sin. He who does not sin, is holy. Therefore he who drinks, is holy."

Let's Go CAPS!

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #3059 on: January 06, 2017, 20:07:26 »
And the latest winners of the Darwin Awards, in the Group Category, are:

Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act.

6 Dead After Truck Collides With Anti-Trump Protesters On Freeway
The Seattle Trubune
By Lucas Bagwell -  January 4, 2017

A 32-year old man driving a Waldrum Brother’s delivery truck is responsible for the death of 6 Anti-Trump protesters that were blocking traffic while chanting “Dump Trump” in the middle of a Seattle freeway.

The accident occurred near an I-15 off-ramp today around 5:15 PM. According to witnesses, a crowd of approximately 16 individuals pulled their vehicles to the side of the freeway and created a barricade by linking their arms together.

The protester’s actions immediately hindered the flow of traffic and motorists became upset at what many of them viewed as an unwanted obstacle preventing them from getting home after a long day at work. A few of the protesters were seen holding signs that read – “Not My President” or “Love Trumps Hate” and all protesters were chanting – “Dump Trump”.

After dealing with angry motorist for about 5-minutes, the group of protesters moved aside to allow the backed-up vehicles to resume their commute. Once a steady-flow of traffic resumed, the group of protesters once again linked arms to create a barricade for a second time.

It was at this time when Richard L. Porter, a 32-year-old Seattle resident employed by Waldrum Brother’s (a local appliance store) as a delivery driver quickly approached the chain of Anti-Trump protesters. According to Porter, he was driving with the current flow of traffic (around 80-MPH) when the obstruction created by the protesters seemed to appear out of nowhere.

By the time the protesters were visible to Porter – he didn’t have enough time to fully stop and though he did slam on his breaks and attempted to swerve, he ultimately ran into the group of protesters with the side of his delivery truck.

Porter was estimated to have been traveling at a speed of approximately 45-MPH when he collided with the group of Anti-Trump protesters. Several of the protesters were able to get out of the delivery truck’s path, however, 6 protesters were not able to move quickly enough and were ultimately struck and run over by the vehicle.

According to police reports, four of the fatally wounded protesters were killed upon impact and the other two protesters passed-away at a nearby hospital within hours.

Porter claims that the incident was a devastating accident and that he did everything possible to avoid hitting the protesters, however, many of the surviving protesters see things differently. The remaining group of protesters have told reporters that they believe Porter intentionally ran over them with his vehicle because he disagreed with their political beliefs.

Porter has adamantly denied the allegation that he intentionally collided with the protesters because of a difference in political views and told an NBC affiliate reporter that he’s a democrat who voted for Hillary Clinton.

According to statements from the police -they’re currently investigating the incident as a potential homicide and at the advice of his attorney, Porter has declined to make any further comments to the media.

More on LINK.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Technoviking

DANCE TO THE TECHNOVIKING.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • OBEY!
« Reply #3060 on: January 06, 2017, 20:53:54 »

More on LINK.

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes...
So, there I was....

Offline cavalryman

Done with the demented bureaucracy.

• You can't put a pricetag on patriotism
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3061 on: January 06, 2017, 21:00:30 »
The anti-Trumpers are well on their way to ensuring a Trump win in 2020, and The Donald hasn't even been sworn in yet.  Keep it up  >:D

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3062 on: January 06, 2017, 21:06:23 »
Reports that a group of "Dump Trump" protesters was fatally struck by a truck while blocking a Seattle freeway came from a known hoax purveyor.
http://www.snopes.com/anti-trump-protesters-killed-on-freeway/
Although the Seattle Tribune appears to be the digital edition of a real city newspaper, it is simply one of many fake news sites (along with the Boston Tribune and the Baltimore Gazette) that mimics the appearance of real metropolitan news outlets in order to spread hoaxes and generate ad revenue.

Play stupid games, get stupid prizes...

The anti-Trumpers are well on their way to ensuring a Trump win in 2020, and The Donald hasn't even been sworn in yet.  Keep it up  >:D

:)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 21:19:16 by mariomike »

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3063 on: January 06, 2017, 21:25:46 »

More on LINK.

As always, read the small print. From the Seattle Tribune front page:

Disclaimer

"The Seattle Tribune is a news and entertainment satire web publication. The Seattle Tribune may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within The Seattle Tribune are fictional and presumably satirical news – with the exception of our ‘list style’ articles that include relevant sources. The content published on The Seattle Tribune is intended to be entertainment and is often intended to generate thought and discussion among its readers. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. The Seattle Tribune is not intended for children under the age of 18."

Link
Years ago, fairy tales all began with, "Once upon a time." Now we know they all began with, "If I'm elected."

Carolyn Warner

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3064 on: January 06, 2017, 21:30:04 »
As always, read the small print.

But, but...

How gullible do they think people are?!  :)

Offline Flavus101

• Rate Post
« Reply #3065 on: January 06, 2017, 21:56:19 »
Or perhaps it's because there are geniuses that have actually played the "if we link arms the traffic won't hit us" stunt in the past and at some point that game of chicken is just going to end poorly.

Some may think that the death of six people would make other "protesters" think twice about hopping in front of freeway traffic. I on the other hand think it will simply encourage more people to hop onto freeways and the new #banfreeways movement will begin.

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3066 on: January 06, 2017, 22:27:50 »
Or perhaps it's because there are geniuses that have actually played the "if we link arms the traffic won't hit us" stunt in the past and at some point that game of chicken is just going to end poorly.

Do you think it's ever going to end?

Whichever side won the election, I personally don't see the resistance ( call it whatever you will ) ending in the foreseeable future.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 22:32:23 by mariomike »

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #3067 on: January 06, 2017, 22:36:32 »

Some may think that the death of six people would make other "protesters" think twice about hopping in front of freeway traffic. I on the other hand think it will simply encourage more people to hop onto freeways and the new #banfreeways movement will begin.

One man tried to stop much more.....

https://youtu.be/YeFzeNAHEhU

I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3068 on: January 06, 2017, 22:59:38 »
It was announced on the news tonight that they are being charged with a hate crime along with all the other charges that will be brought forward.

I came to correct my post.  Yes. You're right.  Either they realized how absurd they sounded or their boss gave them a one way phone call.

I predict riots.

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3069 on: January 06, 2017, 23:10:51 »
I predict riots.

They don't call it Chiraq for nothing!  :)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #3070 on: January 07, 2017, 06:31:22 »
More grist for the mill in case you want to read it instead of read about it ...
"Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections" (Office of the Director of National Intelligence - 25 pg PDF)
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #3071 on: January 07, 2017, 11:09:28 »
So, just how should one view the Open Societies Foundation - which gets involved in elections internationally, including Canadian ones, and not only promotes "democracy" as an institution, but backs positions, parties and politicians.

Or Brits and Yanks offering opinions on Quebec referenda?  Or foreigners offering advice on Alberta oilsands development?
Over, Under, Around or Through.
Anticipating the triumph of Thomas Reid.

"One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate towards the truth. You don’t know it.”  - James Lovelock

Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others. [Ambrose Bierce, 1911]

Offline Flavus101

• Rate Post
« Reply #3072 on: January 07, 2017, 11:50:43 »
Do you think it's ever going to end?

Whichever side won the election, I personally don't see the resistance ( call it whatever you will ) ending in the foreseeable future.

I don't see it ending in the foreseeable future either.

We can play the "what if" game forever though...

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.

Online kkwd

• Rate Post
« Reply #3074 on: January 07, 2017, 12:37:44 »
I just know what I read in the papers.  :)
https://www.google.ca/search?q=if+trump+loses&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A%2Ccd_max%3A2016-11-09&tbm=#q=if+trump+loses&tbs=cdr:1,cd_max:2016-11-09&start=0

There's nothing wrong with engaging in a little fantasy with all these opinion and speculation pieces. Sometimes fantasy is all you have to comfort you in your days of woe.
You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.
                                                                                                                   Yogi Berra