Author Topic: Selection Dates  (Read 491472 times)

Offline Titicboom

• Rate Post
Re: Selection Dates
« Reply #1300 on: March 27, 2017, 16:34:29 »
Does anyone know when the next round of NCM selections will start with the new fiscal year commencing soon.
I am particularly interested in Aerospace Control Operator selections.

Thank you.

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1301 on: March 29, 2017, 09:30:14 »
Selections are happening on a bi-weekly basis for most trades (NCM) and have been going for the last month for the new Fiscal Year.

Offline CPTGabeyP

• Rate Post
« Reply #1302 on: March 29, 2017, 09:55:55 »
Selections are happening on a bi-weekly basis for most trades (NCM) and have been going for the last month for the new Fiscal Year.

Good day Sgt

Would you happen to know how often selections are being done for Officers? (you may recall me from the BMOQ start dates thread)
I'm a DEO applicant and well to be honest, getting a little anxious as I've heard a few calls have gone out already for DEOs.

Thanks for your time

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1303 on: March 31, 2017, 08:59:08 »
Does anyone know when the next selection date is for AEC?
Additionally would someone be able to look up the date(s) of the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons Course?

AEC projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
As to the dates for the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons course I cannot assist as I only have access to Recruiting Information (i.e. selection dates & Basic Training (BMQ/BMOQ) course dates)

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows when the selection dates are for Navy E-Tech?

E Tech projected selection dates are: 5 April 2017 & 19 April 2017 and will likely continue every other week until the occupation is filled for the year.

Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong thread but I'm curious what the upcoming selection dates are for Infantry Officer, Armour Officer, and Intelligence Officer?

Infantry Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
Armoured Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
Intelligence Officer projected selection date is: 19 April 2017 (occupation will likely be closed after this selection)

---------
NCM Occupations normally happen on a bi-weekly basis.
Officer (DEO) Occupations normally happen on a monthly basis.

Disclaimer:

With the dates listed above this is merely when the selections team sits down and does the selection, it can take 3-5 days beyond that date for your respective CFRC to get in touch with you to give an offer of employment as there is an administrative process that needs to occur between the selection date and the offer of employment being given.

Offline High-PoweredXU

• Rate Post
« Reply #1304 on: April 01, 2017, 18:01:03 »
AEC projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017
As to the dates for the next common course & IFR/VFR/Weapons course I cannot assist as I only have access to Recruiting Information (i.e. selection dates & Basic Training (BMQ/BMOQ) course dates)

E Tech projected selection dates are: 5 April 2017 & 19 April 2017 and will likely continue every other week until the occupation is filled for the year.

Intelligence Officer projected selection date is: 19 April 2017 (occupation will likely be closed after this selection)

---------
NCM Occupations normally happen on a bi-weekly basis.
Officer (DEO) Occupations normally happen on a monthly basis.

Disclaimer:

With the dates listed above this is merely when the selections team sits down and does the selection, it can take 3-5 days beyond that date for your respective CFRC to get in touch with you to give an offer of employment as there is an administrative process that needs to occur between the selection date and the offer of employment being given.

Do those selection dates for officers also apply to those going through the SCP Program or just those going through the DEO route?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 18:04:58 by High-PoweredXU »

Offline lohocard

• Rate Post
  • Figuring everything out
« Reply #1305 on: April 03, 2017, 17:59:20 »
Was told the next selection dates for vehicle tech and supp tech are April 5th and 17th by my career counsellor. She said the next ones after that are "every other month." Is this true? Anyone possibly know the the next date after April 17th? I know Buck mentioned biweekly but I just wanted to make sure because she just notified me saying she sent my file to the very last step before selection which is getting reliability status (which takes 1-2 weeks from now). Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1306 on: April 03, 2017, 19:23:23 »
Do those selection dates for officers also apply to those going through the SCP Program or just those going through the DEO route?
SCP Program isn't any of the official off-the-street entry plans so I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry.

Was told the next selection dates for vehicle tech and supp tech are April 5th and 17th by my career counsellor. She said the next ones after that are "every other month." Is this true? Anyone possibly know the the next date after April 17th? I know Buck mentioned biweekly but I just wanted to make sure because she just notified me saying she sent my file to the very last step before selection which is getting reliability status (which takes 1-2 weeks from now). Thanks!

Selections do occur more often than every two months.  Selections happen on average (sometimes there are delays) twice a month for NCM and at least once a month for Officers.  There are delays at times but that is the average.

Offline lohocard

• Rate Post
  • Figuring everything out
« Reply #1307 on: April 03, 2017, 22:45:31 »
SCP Program isn't any of the official off-the-street entry plans so I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry.

Selections do occur more often than every two months.  Selections happen on average (sometimes there are delays) twice a month for NCM and at least once a month for Officers.  There are delays at times but that is the average.

Thanks for the reply and helpful information Buck :)

Offline dshulga

• Rate Post
« Reply #1308 on: April 04, 2017, 06:16:25 »

Thank you for your information Buck! Is it feasible to assume that the serials for BMOQ May 15 is already likely filled? Or will selections be going on until right about the end of April?

Thank you once again!
Recruiting Center: CFRC Halifax
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade choice 1: MARS
Trade choice 2: Log O
Trade choice 3: Public Affairs Officer
Application date: March 3, 2016
First contact: March 9, 2016
CFAT: March 28, 2016
Supp. Docs (Citizenship): July 25, 2016
MOST: Aug 11, 2016
Medical: Oct 3, 2016
Interview: Oct 3, 2016
Back-check: Oct 14, 2016
Med Approved: Nov 2016
Merit list: Jan 2017
Position offered:  April 12, 2017 (MARS)
Ceremony: Aug 10, 2017
BMOQ: Aug 28, 2017

Online K-Nato87

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1309 on: April 04, 2017, 12:37:46 »
Hello. This is my first post on the site. I was notified today that I'm on the competition list. I'm just wondering if anyone could let me know when the next selection dates for Artillery soldier are. I was told there were many positions still available could someone let me know if this is still the case. I have learned a lot over this process thanks to this site and I'm very excited and hopeful to receive a call soon. Thanks :)
Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Application Date: June 2016
First Contact: June 2016
TSD: July 6 2016
Medical: March 21 2017
Interview: March 21 2017
Competition List: April 2017
Position Offered: April 6 2017
Enrollment/Swear in: July 19 2017
BMQ: July 31 2017

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1310 on: April 04, 2017, 15:18:53 »
Thank you for your information Buck! Is it feasible to assume that the serials for BMOQ May 15 is already likely filled? Or will selections be going on until right about the end of April?

Thank you once again!

I think that there are only 1 or 2 positions left on May serials due to people rejecting offers but this serial really isn't being actively loaded. They've started on the August serial.
Hello. This is my first post on the site. I was notified today that I'm on the competition list. I'm just wondering if anyone could let me know when the next selection dates for Artillery soldier are. I was told there were many positions still available could someone let me know if this is still the case. I have learned a lot over this process thanks to this site and I'm very excited and hopeful to receive a call soon. Thanks :)

Hello, your question as been asked and answered several times in the last week on this thread (selections are happening bi-weekly for NCM occupations).  Please spend some time reading through the threads when you're asking questions that have answers.

Best Regards

Online K-Nato87

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1311 on: April 04, 2017, 15:29:10 »
Thanks for your time
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 15:39:24 by K-Nato87 »
Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Application Date: June 2016
First Contact: June 2016
TSD: July 6 2016
Medical: March 21 2017
Interview: March 21 2017
Competition List: April 2017
Position Offered: April 6 2017
Enrollment/Swear in: July 19 2017
BMQ: July 31 2017

Offline High-PoweredXU

• Rate Post
« Reply #1312 on: April 04, 2017, 23:38:09 »

The Special Commissioning Plan? You never heard of it? For those in the Forces who want to switch over to the officer side? I'm just awaiting confirmation on AEC as qualified for it on the Aircrew Selection Test. Just wondering if those dates you mentioned only applied to those who applied off the street or if those dates apply to ALL applicants.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Offline dshulga

• Rate Post
« Reply #1313 on: April 05, 2017, 07:08:49 »
I think that there are only 1 or 2 positions left on May serials due to people rejecting offers but this serial really isn't being actively loaded. They've started on the August serial.

Thank you so much Buck! It appears I may have missed another round of selections for May. Will keep my fingers crossed for August!

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1314 on: April 05, 2017, 11:59:46 »
The Special Commissioning Plan? You never heard of it? For those in the Forces who want to switch over to the officer side? I'm just awaiting confirmation on AEC as qualified for it on the Aircrew Selection Test. Just wondering if those dates you mentioned only applied to those who applied off the street or if those dates apply to ALL applicants.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

As stated in my reply "SCP" isn't an off the street entry plan; and as I don't have the Defence Terminology Bank on this computer not every acronym clicks when I first see it :-)

To answer your question about whether the dates I post related to SCP: as SCP is an in-service-selection, DMCPG 5 controls all in-service-selection-plans (VOT, OT, SCP, etc etc etc); the dates that I post are for civilian (i.e. "off the street") selection plans (i.e. DEO, ROTP, MOTP, DOTP, SEELM, NCM-STEP, NCM Unskilled, NCM Semi-skilled, NCM Skilled and in the odd case CEOTP).

You would need to get in touch with your broker through the DMCPG shop to find out when they are doing selections.

Offline High-PoweredXU

• Rate Post
« Reply #1315 on: April 05, 2017, 18:35:11 »
As stated in my reply "SCP" isn't an off the street entry plan; and as I don't have the Defence Terminology Bank on this computer not every acronym clicks when I first see it :-)

To answer your question about whether the dates I post related to SCP: as SCP is an in-service-selection, DMCPG 5 controls all in-service-selection-plans (VOT, OT, SCP, etc etc etc); the dates that I post are for civilian (i.e. "off the street") selection plans (i.e. DEO, ROTP, MOTP, DOTP, SEELM, NCM-STEP, NCM Unskilled, NCM Semi-skilled, NCM Skilled and in the odd case CEOTP).

You would need to get in touch with your broker through the DMCPG shop to find out when they are doing selections.

Great. That's all I needed to know. Thanks you.

Offline Baitulemu

• Rate Post
« Reply #1316 on: April 09, 2017, 20:56:23 »

Hello, I have received an email with partial answers from my CFRC and I have seen from precious post that they recruit in a monthly bases for Officers.
I was wondering if those dates apply to every trade, I have applied for Log O.
Thank you.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Trade Choice : Logistics Officer
Application Date: Nov 05 2015
First Contact: Nov 09 2015
Aptitude Test: Dec 03 2015 (passed)
Interview: Sep 06 2016 (passed)
Medical: Sep 13 2016 (forms needed)
Medical: Sep 14 2016 (forms sent)
Medical: Dec 23 2016 (exams needed)
Medical: Jan 26 2017 (exams sent)
Merit List: Feb 16 2017
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMOQ:

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1317 on: April 10, 2017, 09:21:16 »
The planned selection dates for LogO (DEO) are 19 Apr & 31 May.

Disclaimer:

Offline awolfintdot

• Rate Post
« Reply #1318 on: April 13, 2017, 12:31:29 »
Hello Buck_HRA!

I believe that the selection board/committee has met sometime earlier this week to select MARS officers (Reg DEO) ? Do you have any information as to when that happened?

I haven't received any calls from my centre yet, and am afraid I wasn't competitive enough.

Thank you for your time!
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/ NCM: DEO
Trade Choice #1: Log O
Trade Choice #2: MARS
Applied: January, 2016
CFAT: Fall 2014
Reliability Interview: Sept 2016 - Granted
Security Clearance Pre-Assessment: 3 Jan 2017
Interview: 20 March 2017
Medical: 14 March 2017
Position Offered:
Enrollment/ Swear In:
BMOQ Begins:

Offline white-1

• Rate Post
Selection Dates
« Reply #1319 on: April 18, 2017, 20:17:29 »
Any idea when the next selection will occur for DEO Nursing Officer?

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 22:05:09 by white-1 »
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
 -John C. Maxwell

Offline dshulga

• Rate Post
« Reply #1320 on: April 19, 2017, 10:33:01 »
Hello Buck_HRA!

I believe that the selection board/committee has met sometime earlier this week to select MARS officers (Reg DEO) ? Do you have any information as to when that happened?

I haven't received any calls from my centre yet, and am afraid I wasn't competitive enough.

Thank you for your time!

Not to speak for Buck_HRA but maybe I can chime in.

I remember Buck mentioned that there will be a push to fill DEO positions on April 5th, 2017 before the initial stated selection dates on April 19th and May 31st. This holds true in my case I believe as I received my offer for DEO MARS on April 12, 2017 which means I may have been selected on or around April 5th.

I hope that helps. Best of luck to you and patience will pay off!

Dmitry

Offline foster0223

• Rate Post
« Reply #1321 on: April 19, 2017, 12:35:28 »
Woundering when next selection date is for vehicle tech as today is last day for April

Offline Geralt_O_Rvia

• Rate Post
« Reply #1322 on: April 19, 2017, 12:35:46 »
Good day,

I was hoping to seek some information here. I'm in the application process for DEO Pilot and have just been told my name is finally (after over 2.5yrs of going through the application) in the competition list. I was wondering if anybody could elucidate on upcoming selection dates for pilots, the number of spots looking to be filled, etc, etc, etc.

Thank you kindly in advance.

GoR

Offline Armour8

• Rate Post
« Reply #1323 on: April 19, 2017, 14:56:20 »
Hello Sir, You had posted that Armoured Officer and Infantry Officer projected selection dates are: 19 April 2017 & 31 May 2017.
Does it mean that ROTP candidates (who were already in competition list) will be selected via selection boards on said dates?

Offline AKF7

• Rate Post
« Reply #1324 on: April 20, 2017, 14:36:08 »
Good day,

I was hoping to seek some information here. I'm in the application process for DEO Pilot and have just been told my name is finally (after over 2.5yrs of going through the application) in the competition list. I was wondering if anybody could elucidate on upcoming selection dates for pilots, the number of spots looking to be filled, etc, etc, etc.

Thank you kindly in advance.

GoR

I am wondering the same thing. After just over 2 years in the application process, I was placed on the competition list about half way through March, 2017. I emailed the recruiting centre and they have not been much help. They told me they have no way of knowing when the selections will take place, other than it should be soon. Can anyone elaborate on this? Is it possible that I wont be selected at all?