Author Topic: A Thread for those special people who don't know meaning of "Samples"  (Read 147794 times)

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: Re: Application Process Samples
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 23:41:39 »
It is really sad that there are people who have so called 'fake' accounts. As a DEO MARS hopeful who is honestly using this site as a primary source of information to aid me in my application, It is disconcerting to know that people would intentionally mislead me on this forum (or possibly mislead).

Thank you to whoever banned the person above...I hope that all my future comunications will be with honest people who genuinely know there information well and also, who genuinely want to help people like me achieve their goals in the Canadian Armed Forces!

Yes, it is disheartening when people don't consider the absurdity of their actions and how it may affect others. But don't let a few bad apples here and there ruin your overall experience, enjoyment and usefulness of the site.

I haven't been here that long, but I believe the staff/senior members do a great job at monitoring what's said and correcting discrepancies and/or plain misinformation to make sure everyone can benefit as much as possible. 

The positive aspects as a whole of what is provided here far outweigh any negative, so don't get discouraged by the few users who only know how to gain negative attention.  Best of luck going forward.
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline reganm

• Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 23:55:57 »
I would completely agree with you. The staff on this site and other members have been really helpful. I do not plan on leaving  :) I am already finding that I help others on this site as well.

Offline JSee_84

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 01:48:12 »
I would completely agree with you. The staff on this site and other members have been really helpful. I do not plan on leaving  :) I am already finding that I help others on this site as well.

Agreed - site has been most useful thus far. Nice to be able to have people mentor you through the processes and help give you an idea of what to expect at each point.

Glad to hear you did well on the CFAT as well, and good luck with the rest of your recruitment!

They gave me a call yesterday morning to double check previous address information, and told me that this week/next week would be proceeding with the credit check portion of my application. I have an Optometrist appointment first thing tomorrow morning to get a form signed off per the Med Officer's request, and then I suppose its back to 'hurry up and wait'. Need to contact the physical fitness evaluation Officer next week as well to book my fitness test... dun dun dunnnnnnn... lol. (This is the only real portion of the process that I've been dreading only because I've all but completely fallen off of the major gym kick I was on previously, for the last year). I've been playing ice hockey twice a week and have resumed gym workouts/running 5 times a week so hopefully I can get myself prepared in time!

Offline Guelph

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 08:33:09 »
Hey, guys - quick question regarding applying to be an MP:

I have one year of Law & Security and then I transferred to Uni. for Criminology, and ended up doing only one year there as well before saying enough was enough (I'm in my mid-thirties now) with student loan debt. You need a COMPLETE college diploma in LASA/PF to even apply to be an MP, correct?

Just making sure, since I chose Infantry as my 3rd choice instead of MP for this reason. No harm in asking you guys I figured.

Thanks in advance. Just want to be 200% sure from the get-go.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Application Date: April 4, 2013
First Contact: May 28, 2013
Aptitude Test:
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 08:34:47 »
Hey, guys - quick question regarding applying to be an MP:

I have one year of Law & Security and then I transferred to Uni. for Criminology, and ended up doing only one year there as well before saying enough was enough (I'm in my mid-thirties now) with student loan debt. You need a COMPLETE college diploma in LASA/PF to even apply to be an MP, correct?

Just making sure, since I chose Infantry as my 3rd choice instead of MP for this reason. No harm in asking you guys I figured.

Thanks in advance. Just want to be 200% sure from the get-go.

Yes, definitely for RegF.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:40:04 by BeyondTheNow »
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline Guelph

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2013, 08:58:54 »
Thanks for the reply - looks like I made the right choice.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Application Date: April 4, 2013
First Contact: May 28, 2013
Aptitude Test:
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

Offline reganm

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2013, 15:54:00 »
Agreed - site has been most useful thus far. Nice to be able to have people mentor you through the processes and help give you an idea of what to expect at each point.

Glad to hear you did well on the CFAT as well, and good luck with the rest of your recruitment!

They gave me a call yesterday morning to double check previous address information, and told me that this week/next week would be proceeding with the credit check portion of my application. I have an Optometrist appointment first thing tomorrow morning to get a form signed off per the Med Officer's request, and then I suppose its back to 'hurry up and wait'. Need to contact the physical fitness evaluation Officer next week as well to book my fitness test... dun dun dunnnnnnn... lol. (This is the only real portion of the process that I've been dreading only because I've all but completely fallen off of the major gym kick I was on previously, for the last year). I've been playing ice hockey twice a week and have resumed gym workouts/running 5 times a week so hopefully I can get myself prepared in time!

That's great. I was also told they would be doing my reliability screening this week. You are being booked for a fitness test...are you going reserves??? It is really good you booked your optometrist quickly so you can get your medical forms sent off and approved sooner rather than later.

Good luck in the workouts,

cheers

Offline WLUArmyBrat

• 4th History & Political Science Student - WLU
  • Rate Post
  • Son of a Signaler, Grandson and Nephew of a Royal
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2013, 17:26:38 »

You never struck me as the combat arms type. :P   Good Luck with your application this year my friend.

Following the family footsteps hopefully! Grandfather and Uncle are both RCR Officers. Decided not to follow in my father's footsteps though (RadOp), I am definitely not getting a BEng or BSc
Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Regular/ Reserve: Reserve
Unit: Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Applied: July 8, 2015
First contact: July 28, 2015
Fitness Test: August 26, 2015 - Passed
CFAT: 2012 (Passed) (Originally applied ROTP out of high school)
Medical: September 14th, 2015
Interview: -
Merit Listed: -
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMQ: -

Offline JSee_84

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2013, 01:48:46 »
That's great. I was also told they would be doing my reliability screening this week. You are being booked for a fitness test...are you going reserves??? It is really good you booked your optometrist quickly so you can get your medical forms sent off and approved sooner rather than later.

Good luck in the workouts,

cheers

Yes I've applied to Reserves. I don't have the academic qualifications to apply for Reg Force, so if all goes well, once I'm all trained and ready to go, I've discussed with my recruiting contact about Component Transfers, to switch to Reg Force, as I'm currently working on upgrading. (Yes I've been told these can take time, but all I needed to know is that the option was there, and it is!) I've also got a full time job at the Jubilee Hospital that will be running for another 6 months or so, and I'll likely be continuing with this job until I KNOW for sure that this is what I want to pursue for a career for a length of time. I'm pretty confident that it is, but thought this would be the best way to gain exposure to the CF-life, and to learn more about it. I'm ready to make a life change at this point and ready to find a career to commit to for the rest of my life - have always known it would be in health care, but have a few t's to cross and i's to dot before I jump both feet in full time right now.

I received a call from the CFRC last Wednesday - they were confirming some info and said they were going to carrying out my reliability screening later that day, and that they should hear back/contact me this week providing there were no hitches with credit check etc.

I started training at Crossfit Taranis in Esquimalt today, WOW what a butt-kicking, but this is going to be such a huge benefit in prepping for the fitness test. Is there no fitness test required for Reg Force applicants?? I thought that there would be... but I just noticed that in the format that we've all been entering our interview/evaluation dates etc, there is no fitness test date to input.

Offline JM2345

• Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2013, 03:45:28 »
I started training at Crossfit Taranis in Esquimalt today, WOW what a butt-kicking, but this is going to be such a huge benefit in prepping for the fitness test. Is there no fitness test required for Reg Force applicants?? I thought that there would be... but I just noticed that in the format that we've all been entering our interview/evaluation dates etc, there is no fitness test date to input.

Nope the fitness test isn't part of the regular forces recruiting process. You could get recruited without being able to do 1 pushup, but of course we all hope that isn't the case, as you are likely to waste thousands of dollars in tax payer money if you show up to BMQ and can't do much.

Offline JSee_84

• Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2013, 12:57:39 »
Nope the fitness test isn't part of the regular forces recruiting process. You could get recruited without being able to do 1 pushup, but of course we all hope that isn't the case, as you are likely to waste thousands of dollars in tax payer money if you show up to BMQ and can't do much.

Very true! Which is why I'm surprised its not part of the Reg Force recruiting process!

Online Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2013, 08:19:15 »
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Infantry

No such occupation exists in the CF.

Offline Davidson

• Rate Post
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2013, 19:36:30 »

That's what the trade was called for a long time on the forces website. They must have recently changed it to armoured soldier. I don't think it's too hard to understand what he meant though...

Offline stack.your.crap

• Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2013, 19:39:33 »
Recruiting Center: Toronto, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lorne Scots A Coy Company
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
Application Date: April 01, 2013
First Contact: April 01, 2013
CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013
Test Dates Confirmed: (interview/medical)  -
Tests Completed: -
Position Offered:  -
Basic Training Begins:  -

Good luck on Monday!

Offline DarkInfantry232

• Rate Post
  • For the Queen and Country!
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2013, 20:37:10 »
Thank you haha, I am happy because Im being processed fast haha, Cfat booked same day I applied 2 weeks later ;) I can't wait for monday!

Offline DarkInfantry232

• Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2013, 22:20:19 »
Correction, Armoured Soldier.

Offline Jester_TG

• Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2013, 22:28:05 »
If you are applying to the Lorne Scotts - all they have is Infantry - not the other 2... FYI
That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed.

Offline DarkInfantry232

• Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 22:59:42 »
Yes I know that. I just put the other two to fill in the box's, those are my options for my future Reg Force career. I know that lorne scots is strictly Infantry which is what I want. ;)

MikeL

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2013, 13:11:24 »
Unit: Lorne Scots A Coy Company

Just a FYI,  Coy means Company.  Kind of redundant to say Company twice

Good luck with the application process.  Would suck to have to change your username if you didn't get picked up for Infantry  :P

That's what the trade was called for a long time on the forces website. They must have recently changed it to armoured soldier. I don't think it's too hard to understand what he meant though...

What website was it listed as Armoured Infantry? forces.gc.ca ?   AFAIK every time I was on the forces.gc.ca website it said Armoured Soldier.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 13:21:00 by -Skeletor- »

Offline PrairieThunder

And that\'s why we can\'t have nice things.

• Rate Post
  • For Queen and Country
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2013, 13:46:18 »
Yes I know that. I just put the other two to fill in the box's, those are my options for my future Reg Force career. I know that lorne scots is strictly Infantry which is what I want. ;)

The Lorne Scots is a Reserve unit... So if you are applying to the Regular Force you will not be going to the Lorne Scots. Alternatively, if you're applying to the Reserves as Infantry with the Lorne Scots then you cannot apply for Armoured Soldier in the Regular Force.

If you want to apply to the Regular Force, your Reserve application will be closed, and vice versa.

The fact that you filled out the other boxes is just going to make the CFRC get you to change the paperwork again and tell you to "make up your mind" as you can only select one for the Reserves. It's by unit, not by trade.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 15:04:00 by PrairieThunder »

Offline Davidson

• Rate Post
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 14:46:17 »
What website was it listed as Armoured Infantry? forces.gc.ca ?   AFAIK every time I was on the forces.gc.ca website it said Armoured Soldier.

Maybe I read it somewhere else or am just losing my mind but armoured infantry sounds very familiar and I swear it was on the forces website. If I am wrong I still think it was pretty obvious what he was saying.

Offline PrairieThunder

And that\'s why we can\'t have nice things.

• Rate Post
  • For Queen and Country
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2013, 15:01:30 »
Maybe I read it somewhere else or am just losing my mind but armoured infantry sounds very familiar and I swear it was on the forces website. If I am wrong I still think it was pretty obvious what he was saying.

Never existed. On wikipedia some battalions of infantry regiments are "mechanized infantry" but never has anything called "armoured infantry" ever existed. Armoured Soldier is even an incorrect trade term now as it's been converted over to Crewman or Armoured Crewman.

Offline DarkInfantry232

• Rate Post
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2013, 16:25:14 »
The Lorne Scots is a Reserve unit... So if you are applying to the Regular Force you will not be going to the Lorne Scots. Alternatively, if you're applying to the Reserves as Infantry with the Lorne Scots then you cannot apply for Armoured Soldier in the Regular Force.

If you want to apply to the Regular Force, your Reserve application will be closed, and vice versa.

The fact that you filled out the other boxes is just going to make the CFRC get you to change the paperwork again and tell you to "make up your mind" as you can only select one for the Reserves. It's by unit, not by trade.

Hey mate you have it all confused. Im applying to the RESERVES as an infanteer to the Lorne Scots A coy. I said i intend to join reg force after finishing university (component transfer) as an NCM, and I look forward in pursing a combat arms trade in the reg force.

Offline Tiffany0x

• Rate Post
  • Doing my QL3. =)
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 18:13:38 »
Are you applying for NCMSEP or Direct entry?

Direct entry. :)

I'm already a nurse so it seems they like my health care experience.
Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Application Date: February 17th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT completed : May 13th, 2013
Interview completed: May 13th, 2013
Medical completed: May 13th, 2013
Merit listed: June 19th, 2013
Position offered: August 16th, 2013
Swearing in: August 27th, 2013
Basic Training Begins: September 2nd, 2013

Offline Tiffany0x

• Rate Post
  • Doing my QL3. =)
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 18:16:20 »
Never existed. On wikipedia some battalions of infantry regiments are "mechanized infantry" but never has anything called "armoured infantry" ever existed. Armoured Soldier is even an incorrect trade term now as it's been converted over to Crewman or Armoured Crewman.

Could be he's referring to armoured recce. That's what my ex did, but he's just armoured in that section. Not a specific armoured recce trade.
Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Application Date: February 17th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT completed : May 13th, 2013
Interview completed: May 13th, 2013
Medical completed: May 13th, 2013
Merit listed: June 19th, 2013
Position offered: August 16th, 2013
Swearing in: August 27th, 2013
Basic Training Begins: September 2nd, 2013