Author Topic: Access to Profile from Home page?  (Read 7042 times)

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Access to Profile from Home page?
« on: August 13, 2015, 14:31:26 »
Colour me blind, but I've been a member for 9 years, and I still can't figure out if there is a way to go directly to my profile from the Home page.

From the master list of Topics/Threads, sure; that's easy. But from the home page? Does it exist?
“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Access to Profile from Home page?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 14:53:23 »
Here?  Or is that not showing up for you?

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline MCG

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 14:57:06 »
... or do you mean from here:  http://army.ca

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 15:29:36 »
... or do you mean from here:  http://army.ca

Yes from this page (or in my case, milnet.ca, I can't stand green  ;D).
“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Online GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 15:51:49 »
Click on the messages tab, that will give you access to the link for adjusting your profile
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline Sythen

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 15:58:54 »
What I've always done is if you scroll down slightly, on the left hand side where it lists Online Users, just click your name in there.
Written on Soldier’s Tower, University of Toronto:

Their story is not graven only on stone over their native earth, but lives on far away, without visible symbol, woven into the stuff of other men’s lives

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools.  Let's start with typewriters."
Frank Lloyd Wright, architect

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 16:11:01 »
Click on the messages tab, that will give you access to the link for adjusting your profile

Yes there are two different ways of doing it.
i. click on "## messages" next to your name which takes you to a screen where you can access your Profile; or
ii. click on any threat/topic to bring you to a screen where you can access your Profile.

All of these are two step processes. I'm just surprised that "Profile" doesn't appear in any of the drop down menus above.
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 18:06:44 »
......... I'm just surprised that "Profile" doesn't appear in any of the drop down menus above.

???

PMedMoe in Reply # 1 posted a screenshot.  "Profile" clearly shows up on every page you load.

Of course -- You have to be Logged in to see it.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 19:50:58 »
???

PMedMoe in Reply # 1 posted a screenshot.  "Profile" clearly shows up on every page you load.

:goodpost:

;D
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 20:43:25 »
???

Clearly, my idea of "home page" and everyone else's is different.

Show me, fine Sirs, where there is a "profile" button on THIS page (the army/milnet.ca "Home" page):

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 20:46:55 »
First off.....That is not the Home page.

Second.....Why have you used that page as your link to milnet.ca?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 21:10:43 »
First off.....That is not the Home page.

Second.....Why have you used that page as your link to milnet.ca?

That's not the Home Page? But the url is "millet.ca"? How can you get more home page then that, homie?
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 21:11:46 »
Not to mention, when I go to the "Navigate" do down and select "home", that's where it takes me to!
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 21:14:14 »
That's not the Home Page? But the url is "millet.ca"? How can you get more home page then that, homie?

I am NOT YOUR HOMIE.

Look at top left hand of the page. 

Can you see button that says: "Navigate"?

Place mouse button over that button and push.

Scroll down to whichever forum you want, and that will take you to the "Home Page" of that forum.

[Staple voice] That was easy.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 21:15:44 »
Not to mention, when I go to the "Navigate" do down and select "home", that's where it takes me to!

OK.....I see what is happening.  Select your forum and not that "Home" and you should have no problems.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 21:18:19 »
I wish all I had to worry about was clicking my mouse twice to get where I want to go. Unfortunately, my life is filled with the same old mundane things like work, living and enjoying. 8)
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 21:18:48 »
Once you are happy with the selection that you have, save it/bookmark it as your link to milnet.ca.

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 21:23:30 »
Once you are happy with the selection that you have, save it/bookmark it as your link to milnet.ca.

Thanks, Homes; I think we're starting to finally jive here.  ;D

I actually like the milnet.ca Home page as my link. It has the board with "recent topics" so I can quickly see who's talking about what. I can quickly get lost and uninterested in the full list of different forums.

That being said, my curiosity remains; why isn't their a link directly to your Profile from the "Home Page".

I wish all I had to worry about was clicking my mouse twice to get where I want to go. Unfortunately, my life is filled with the same old mundane things like work, living and enjoying. 8)

When you have carpal tunnel in your right finger, think of me.  ;D
― Dwight D. Eisenhower