Author Topic: Ontario Politics 2016  (Read 18739 times)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Ontario Politics 2016
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2016, 16:41:16 »
Sad thing is, Raymond Cho was my councillor in Toronto/Scarborough for ever, and by far the worst representative of Voters ever.  He has tried his hardest to become an MPP and ran for all three parties.  Don't expect much from that clown!

First elected as a Metro Councillor in 1991. People in the area know him. I met him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice man.  Never heard of Piragal Thiru for the Liberal Party or Neethan Shan for the NDP.

What a dream team!
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline the 48th regulator

A mans gotta eat.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
    • Green Veterans Canada
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2016, 16:53:34 »
First elected as a Metro Councillor in 1991. People in the area know him. I met him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice man.  Never heard of Piragal Thiru for the Liberal Party or Neethan Shan for the NDP.

What a dream team!

Neethan Shan has ran for the NDP in the past, and a go getter. Piragal Thiru never heard of him, and is new in this area.  However, living here for 14 years I can tell you Cho was the bane of everyones existence!

I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2016, 08:03:49 »
Sad thing is, Raymond Cho was my councillor in Toronto/Scarborough for ever, and by far the worst representative of Voters ever.  He has tried his hardest to become an MPP and ran for all three parties.  Don't expect much from that clown!

What a dream team!

Sad that the choices we are left with are what are leading us down these paths.  Seems that at all levels, the true leaders out there are not venturing into politics, leaving us with less than stellar performers. 
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2016, 10:40:13 »
However, living here for 14 years I can tell you Cho was the bane of everyones existence!

I read that only 28.14% of the eligible voters even bothered to show up. In 2014, the turnout was 47.48%.

It was interesting how when Mr. Brown introduced Mr. Cho to speak, Cho handed the mic straight to Doug. Doug said something about subways.

Globe: "Do you think Doug would be a good candidate?" Patrick Brown: "I think, um, well, Doug would be a good candidate."

Jonathan Goldsbie: "That was an A-plus awkward pause."

Asked about the first thing he'll do at Queen's Park, Cho ( age 79 ) says, "Party politics is kind of new... I have to learn a lot of things."

We may have lost Councillor Cho, but Mikey Stirpe  Ford ( our youngest Councillor ever ) will occupy his late uncle Rob's seat — as well as his office at city hall.

But, the really good news is... Ford Fest is back in town!

"We’re going to be having our Ford Fest in the next week and we’ll be announcing that.”
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/03/coming-soon-ford-fest

Come for your free burger. Stay for the fun!  :)

This is about Ontario politics, so I will add it here,

Sep 2, 2016

Thorncliffe Park public school to offer alternate sex-ed curriculum
http://www.680news.com/2016/09/02/thorncliffe-park-public-school-to-offer-alternate-sex-ed-curriculum/
Last year hundreds of parents pulled their children out of class at Thorncliffe Park public school because they were uncomfortable with Ontario’s new sex-education curriculum.

I included a pic  of Singin' Jimmy in case the red beret caught anyone'seen eye . He actually got 213 votes in Ward 18. 

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 17:23:47 by mariomike »

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2016, 18:26:24 »
Who and what is that in the first picture?
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2016, 18:39:20 »
That's Singin' Jimmy. He was a member of the Rob Ford Rangers.

That's also him in the bottom pic taking one in the kisser.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 18:44:03 by mariomike »

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2016, 18:42:07 »
Singin' Jimmy  :rofl:

OK, Mike, there has to be a story behind someone like that! Spill!! :nod:
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2016, 18:51:32 »
After Rob dropped out of the mayoral election due to illness, Jimmy and his crew defected from Doug and Ford Nation and supported Mrs. Chow. That was a bit of a shock.

Rob's real security was handled by Jerry and Big Mike. I believe Jimmy is in his 80's.

That's Rob doing a hard hat inspection.

Also, in that pic, Jimmy was trying to protect that girl ( forget her name ) with the lei thing around her neck at a Scarborough Ford Fest. The crowd was getting pretty hostile towards her, and the guy ( forget his name too ) with the flag over his shoulders. The other guy's name is Ron. Doug also helped cool them down.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 20:14:56 by mariomike »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2016, 10:50:06 »
http://globalnews.ca/news/2927414/wynne-to-prorogue-ontario-legislature-deliver-throne-speech-on-monday/

Wynne to prorogue Ontario legislature, deliver throne speech on Monday

TORONTO – Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne is proroguing the legislature so that her government can deliver a new throne speech Monday.

A speech from the throne is an opportunity for the Liberal government to outline a new set of priorities less than two years away from the next provincial election.

Major pieces of legislation for the government’s previous priorities have already been passed, including ones to enable a cap and trade system and the partial sale of Hydro One.

All government bills are being kept active, including election finance reforms, but it’s not yet clear what will happen to private members’ bills.

More coming.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2016, 11:30:50 »
http://globalnews.ca/news/2927414/wynne-to-prorogue-ontario-legislature-deliver-throne-speech-on-monday/

Wynne to prorogue Ontario legislature, deliver throne speech on Monday

TORONTO – Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne is proroguing the legislature so that her government can deliver a new throne speech Monday.

A speech from the throne is an opportunity for the Liberal government to outline a new set of priorities less than two years away from the next provincial election.

Major pieces of legislation for the government’s previous priorities have already been passed, including ones to enable a cap and trade system and the partial sale of Hydro One.

All government bills are being kept active, including election finance reforms, but it’s not yet clear what will happen to private members’ bills.

More coming.

I assume we can expect to see expressions of outrage in the media headlines?
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2016, 12:09:17 »
I assume we can expect to see expressions of outrage in the media headlines?

Why would you assume that?  No sitting days are being lost and it's not like they are abusing the system to avoid a confidence vote nor is being done for months on end.

Don't get me wrong, I despise the current Ontario government.   No, what I see here is damage control over a mess they created.  Hydro is their problem of their own creation and their mess.  I guess the last by-election has scared them enough to all of a sudden care about something they didn't give a crap about before today.  I just hope Ontarians don't fall for it.
Optio

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2016, 12:08:05 »
Received a robo-call for Ford Fest 2016. Didn't go. Patrick Brown was there. Not sure about Raymond Cho.

Joe W. had this to say on September 09, 2016,

" You know who would be perfect to run in a byelection to replace new PC MPP Raymond Cho on city council?

Doug Ford of course.

“Doug’s number scored higher in Scarborough than Cho’s,” joked a PC insider.

It would be great to have Doug run and get back on council with his nephew Michael and give Mayor Tory some tough fiscal opposition.

If Ford won Cho’s council seat in Scarborough-Rouge River (Ward 42) it would set him up for another mayoral run or to be a candidate in the next provincial election."
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/09/mayor-hec-scolded-for-speaking-out

Mikey is taking care of Ward 2.

Surprised Randy has not yet thrown his cowboy hat - which he seems to never take off - into the political ring.

From 2014,

Are the Fords Canada's Kennedys?   
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/16/are-the-fords-canadas-kennedys
"But no Trudeau is as famous as the Fords."

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:53:46 by mariomike »

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 14:11:54 »

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2016, 13:42:40 »
Further "oopsies" ...
Wynne adviser steps down after OPP charges related to Sudbury byelection

Patricia Sorbara, who was CEO and director of the 2018 Liberal campaign, and Grit activist Gerry Lougheed face Elections Act charges for alleged bribery during the Sudbury contest ...
More via Google News here.
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Nuggs

• Rate Post
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2016, 11:03:26 »
Further "oopsies" ...More via Google News here.
Just wow...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash."
Attributed to, and denied by, Winston Churchill

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The only solution for some people is <ignore>
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2016, 11:19:17 »
Wynne adviser steps down after OPP charges related to Sudbury byelection
Ah, the "Sudbury Incident"....   :nod:
I even read works I disagree with;  life outside  an ideological echo chamber.