Author Topic: Gender-neutral I.D. (Split from: Alberta Schools; pick your own gender ...)  (Read 3214 times)

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Meanwhile in Ontario,

Jun 29, 2016

Ontario introducing gender-neutral driver's licences, health cards
http://www.680news.com/2016/06/29/ontario-introducing-gender-neutral-drivers-licences-health-cards/
Beginning in early 2017, drivers will be able to select X, instead of an M for male or F for female for their licences.

And this month, the province started issuing health cards that no longer display information about a person’s sex on the front of the card.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 19:58:20 by milnews.ca »

Offline mariomike

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Jul 4, 2016

Ottawa considering gender-neutral federal ID
http://www.680news.com/2016/07/04/ottawa-considering-gender-neutral-federal-id/
The Trudeau government is considering the option of making federal identification, like your passport, gender neutral.

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Jul 4, 2016

Ottawa considering gender-neutral federal ID
http://www.680news.com/2016/07/04/ottawa-considering-gender-neutral-federal-id/
The Trudeau government is considering the option of making federal identification, like your passport, gender neutral.

Does this twit even realize that it is the nation you travel to that is going to accept or deny your Passport as a means to enter their country.  If your sex is necessary as a identifier in their nation for security or legal purposes, then guess what; you may not be permitted to enter.  I would prefer not to be categorized in the same group as slugs, thank you.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Does this twit even realize that it is the nation you travel to that is going to accept or deny your Passport as a means to enter their country.  If your sex is necessary as a identifier in their nation for security or legal purposes, then guess what; you may not be permitted to enter. 
If only there were other Commonwealth anglosphere countries doing this to see if there's any such problems with their nationals travelling.  Oh wait, there's Australia and New Zealand - and for the record, I know Canada's not Australia or New Zealand.

I would prefer not to be categorized in the same group as slugs, thank you.
I'm guessing you'd get to choose, so I don't think that should be tooooooooooo much of a worry ...
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Oldgateboatdriver

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
So, Australia has a Gender Reassignment Board.

There's a Board I don't want to have to appear in front of.  [:D :stirpot:

Offline ModlrMike

is wastin away in Margaritaville.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
I'm so glad we're focusing on the really important things in life.  ::)
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline PuckChaser

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Dope and gender neutral ID cards. So much bread and circuses you won't see the money disappear from your pocket every pay cheque.

Offline George Wallace

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Slugs are gender neutral.....well slugs are hermaphrodites.....Close enough. Do I really want to have my passport reflect that I am in the same biological class as a slug? NO ******* WAY.
Besides; what country would allow you in without all the security and legal information on your passport, which includes sex? The Canadian Passport would not get you into many countries, if any.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
Slugs are gender neutral.....well slugs are hermaphrodites.....Close enough. Do I really want to have my passport reflect that I am in the same biological class as a slug? NO ******* WAY.
Then just don't pick "X" on your next passport application -- if that's even an option at that point.
... what country would allow you in without all the security and legal information on your passport, which includes sex? The Canadian Passport would not get you into many countries, if any.
The sex section would be filled in, just not with M or F, but still a good question. 

Australia's had the "X" option since 2011, and NZ since 2012, and I'm not finding much out there on the interwebs on any problems such folks have encountered travelling on their "X-gendered" passport.  I'm curious about how much grief having "X" in the "Sex" section might be causing - compared to problems where one's "passport sex" doesn't match what border guards see in person.

P.S. - This has apparently been under review in Canada since 2012.

So much bread and circuses you won't see the money disappear from your pocket every pay cheque.
:nod:
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline jmt18325

• Rate Post
Dope and gender neutral ID cards. So much bread and circuses you won't see the money disappear from your pocket every pay cheque.

I don't think most people consider issues of human rights and dignity to be bread or circuses.  As for pot, well, there could be a lot of money to be made there.  Money back into the pocket.

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
What is really remarkable is the amount of time and effort Governments are putting into trying to refute Aristotle's "Law of Identity":

A is A: Aristotle's Law of Identity

Everything that exists has a specific nature. Each entity exists as something in particular and it has characteristics that are a part of what it is. "This leaf is red, solid, dry, rough, and flammable." "This book is white, and has 312 pages." "This coin is round, dense, smooth, and has a picture on it." In all three of these cases we are referring to an entity with a specific identity; the particular type of identity, or the trait discussed, is not important. Their identities include all of their features, not just those mentioned.

Identity is the concept that refers to this aspect of existence; the aspect of existing as something in particular, with specific characteristics. An entity without an identity cannot exist because it would be nothing. To exist is to exist as something, and that means to exist with a particular identity.

To have an identity means to have a single identity; an object cannot have two identities. A tree cannot be a telephone, and a dog cannot be a cat. Each entity exists as something specific, its identity is particular, and it cannot exist as something else. An entity can have more than one characteristic, but any characteristic it has is a part of its identity. A car can be both blue and red, but not at the same time or not in the same respect. Whatever portion is blue cannot be red at the same time, in the same way. Half the car can be red, and the other half blue. But the whole car can't be both red and blue. These two traits, blue and red, each have single, particular identities.

The concept of identity is important because it makes explicit that reality has a definite nature. Since reality has an identity, it is knowable. Since it exists in a particular way, it has no contradictions.

Making gender indeterminate ID is on par with the (possibly mythical) legislature which voted to change the value of pi to 3. While the end result may be pleasing to some mindsets, it does not actually change anything in the real world, and the negative and untended consequences will be remarkable (try doing any calculations involving building or engineering where you substitute the State mandated value of pi for the real thing.....).
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• "Look, I don't know if shooting penguins will help the environment or not. But I do know that the decision shouldn't be in the hands of people who just wanna kill for fun."
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
I don't think most people consider issues of human rights and dignity to be bread or circuses.  As for pot, well, there could be a lot of money to be made there.  Money back into the pocket.

The whole human rights thing in Canada IS a circus. It is the only Canadian tribunals where you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent. Where a censure or fine is decided by a non judicial bureaucracy that has been proven to be slanted against the defendant.

As for pot, once the government takes it over, the only money you'll see in YOUR pocket, is if you sell it yourself.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
-P.J. O’Rouke-

DISCLAIMER - my opinion may cause manginal irritation.

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
I don't think most people consider issues of human rights and dignity to be bread or circuses. 

Human rights and dignity depend on the nature of reality outlined in the Law of Identity. If you can arbitrarily change the nature of identity, then you can arbitrarily remove anyone's "human rights and dignity".

Recceguy outlined how it is done in Canada, but you can also read about the Show Trials in the former USSR to see it done on a grand scale.
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.