I am supposing that I fell through the cracks due to postings, and perhaps the fact that I was at the school, but not 'at the school' because I was out at DC DIV....so I belonged to them, but didn't really get seen by them much.
*shrug* It'll work out in the end, 9 months of SDA at my level is just over $6K, (which means about $3500 after taxes...ish) but it may bump my SDA level up to the next one as well.
I'm not stressed about it, but when they do sort it out, it'll be damn nice to put that onto the Christmas Visa bill, especially considering the last minute trips to Disney and Sea world with the family in December.
CANFORGEN 221/16 RCN 052/16 071301Z DEC 16
SEA DUTY ALLOWANCE (SDA) VERIFICATION (REFIT) UPDATE
REFS: A. CBI 205
B. CFAO 205-25
C: MARCORD 205-1 (CANCELLED 18 JUN 14)
D: CANFORGEN 015/16 RCN 005/16 031427Z FEB 16
1. THE PURPOSE OF THIS CANFORGEN IS TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON THE ONGOING SEA DUTY ALLOWANCE (SDA) VERIFICATION (REFIT) AND TO PROVIDE FURTHER DIRECTION TO SERVING AND RETIRED PERSONNEL. IAW REF D THIS VERIFICATION ENCOMPASSES ONLY THOSE PERS WHO SERVED ABOARD AN HMC SHIP AFTER 01 SEP 2001 THAT WAS IN REFIT FOR GREATER THAN 180 DAYS
2. THE SDA (REFIT) VERIFICATION TEAMS HAVE IDENTIFIED OVER 4000 FILES OF PERS AFFECTED BY CHANGES TO THE POLICIES AT REF. ACTIVE SERVICE MEMBERS HAVE NOW BEEN REVIEWED AND PAY CORRECTION IS COMPLETED. PROGRESSING OF RELEASED MEMBER FILES I CURRENTLY UNDERWAY
3. THIS PROJECT IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED BY END DEC 2016. CURRENTLY SERVING PERS WITH CONCERNS WRT THEIR COMPENSATION OR WHO BELIEVE THEY HAVE BEEN MISSED SHOULD CONSULT WITH THEIR PAY OFFICE IN JAN 2017.
4. TO ENSURE TIMELY RECEIPT OF ANY COMPENSATION, RETIRED PERSONNEL SHOULD CONTACT THE RELEASED PERSONNEL PAY OFFICE (RPPO) AT 1-800-773 -7705 TO VALIDATE THEIR BANKING INFORMATION AND TO SUBMIT ANY QUERIES ON COMPENSATION
5. QUESTIONS CONCERNING THIS PROCESS CAN BE DIRECTED THROUGH THE CHAIN OF COMMAND TO LCDR SUZANNE OTCHENASH, DIRECTOR PERSONNEL AND TRAINING 2-2,------ OR NAV P AND T 2-2-4, CWO BOB POTTER, -----
(Phone numbers redacted from section 5)