Author Topic: Joining with an evergreen.  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Heinrick Archsider

• Rate Post
Joining with an evergreen.
« on: February 10, 2017, 17:27:10 »
Hello,

I'm currently a grade 12 student however due to reasons I am not comfortable to share here I missed a lot of school when I was younger. Long story short they set me up for an evergreen and being honest I have barely taken any real classes for my high school.

My question is this: Can I join an occupation in the Canadian military with an evergreen certificate?

I attempted to apply for the reserves and made it as far as my physical test. After that, I got a call that because I did not have the required minimal grade 10 course or the minimal 50 credits ( I was in grade 11 at the time) my application was halted until we could figure it out.

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
Re: Joining with an evergreen.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 17:49:43 »
Only the recruiters will be able to figure that out with you, none of us can give a better answer or override. You're in the process, you'll have to work with them to see it through.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline RocketRichard

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 19:35:21 »
Hello,

I'm currently a grade 12 student however due to reasons I am not comfortable to share here I missed a lot of school when I was younger. Long story short they set me up for an evergreen and being honest I have barely taken any real classes for my high school.

My question is this: Can I join an occupation in the Canadian military with an evergreen certificate?

I attempted to apply for the reserves and made it as far as my physical test. After that, I got a call that because I did not have the required minimal grade 10 course or the minimal 50 credits ( I was in grade 11 at the time) my application was halted until we could figure it out.
H.A. :  Is this for the regular force or reserve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 20:16:27 »
H.A. :  Is this for the regular force or reserve?

I attempted to apply for the reserves
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Online Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 11:28:37 »
Good Day,

What any recruiter will answer is as follows:

Basic entry requirements into the Canadian Armed Forces are as follows:
  • Age - Be 17 years of age, with parental consent, or older, except (a) Regular Officer Training Plan - Junior applicants must be 16 or older; and (b) Reserve Force - Applicants may be 16 years of age if they are also enrolled as a full-time high school student.
  • Citizenship - Must be a Canadian Citizen
  • Education - Have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV (in Quebec)

If you do not meet the Entry Standards as they are written than either a PLAR and/or waiver would need to be requested.
It is not up to recruiters to decide on whether these are approved.

Best Regards

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 11:42:15 »
Quote from: Heinrick Archsider
  due to reasons I am not comfortable to share here I missed a lot of school when I was younger.

Missed 33 days in my last semester thanks to Warcraft and I still made the infantry :salute:
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline alpine87

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 19:23:07 »
I have seen people without high school join and were very successful. You can only accomplish whatever you commit yourself to.