Author Topic: 3 Mar 2017: ISIS claims Cdn suicide bomber attack in IRQ  (Read 1304 times)

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
This from Al Masdar News:
A Canadian member of the Islamic State (ISIS) carried out a suicide mission for the terrorist group in the southwestern part of Mosul this week, Al-‘Amaq reported on Friday.

Identified as “Abu Maliha Al-Kanadi” by the Islamic State, this terrorist carried out a suicide bombing inside the Wadi Hajjar neighborhood of Mosul.

This attack killed at least 3 Iraqi Army soldiers in the process.
More from U of Waterloo analyst Amarnath Amarasingam via Twitter:
ISIS announces a Canadian suicide attacker in Mosul: Abu Maliha al-Kanadi

(...)

"Brother Abu Maliha blew up his car over Shia militia situated west of Mosul. Killed some soldiers." Nothing else is mentioned about him.

(...)

Some images from Wadi Hajar today, which was taken from ISIS by Iraqi forces, and the city in which Abu Maliha blew himself up.

(...)

Here is Wadi Hajar, where Canadian Abu Maliha blew himself up. Right on the front lines near Mosul airport.

ISIS released a video on their Amaq channel of what is very likely the attack. But no mention of the Canadian.

(...)

BREAKING: ISIS has released a photo of Abu Maliha al-Kanadi.

(...)
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
Re: 3 Mar 2017: ISIS claims Cdn suicide bomber attack in IRQ
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 16:50:18 »
Good, one less to come home and worry about.  Carry on.

Online Kat Stevens

non atrocitate, non clementia mutabatur.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 18:02:54 »
If the best he could get out of a pair of Semtex boxer shorts is three casualties, I'd call that mission fail and a piss poor return on investment. Could have done better with a drive by AK-47ing and live to be an ******* another day. Good riddance, shitbird.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 18:24:56 »
If the best he could get out of a pair of Semtex boxer shorts is three casualties, I'd call that mission fail and a piss poor return on investment. Could have done better with a drive by AK-47ing and live to be an ******* another day. Good riddance, shitbird.

Agreed.  Poor P&P.  Should have held out for a bit longer.  See http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,85928.msg1478825.html#msg1478825
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 19:51:48 »
... I'd call that mission fail and a piss poor return on investment ...
Problem is the propaganda they get is considered at least a reasonable return on investment.
Good riddance, shitbird.
:nod:
“Most great military blunders stem from the good intentions of some high-ranking buffoon ...” – George MacDonald Fraser, "The Sheik and the Dustbin"

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Let me check my Giveashitometer. Nope, nothing.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Airborne Electronic Sensor Operators - AES OP
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 22:28:07 »
One less to come home, and I consider it good news that it happened on the western side of the river.   :nod:
The only time you have too much gas is when you're on fire.

Offline BurnDoctor

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 00:17:07 »
No tears shed, muthaf$&kr. "Canadian", eh? Not even close.