Author Topic: Re-Enlisting, Documents needed again?  (Read 572 times)

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
Re-Enlisting, Documents needed again?
« on: April 23, 2017, 20:47:42 »
I've searched the forums for everything containing the words "birth certificate" and couldn't find anything matching my question so I'm posting it up to see if anyone knows. As a returning member, do I still need to provide my birth certificate? It got lost on the move back to Ontario after I got out and I can't find it for the life of me. I have a 10 year passport that is valid but I don't want my application to get delayed due to not having a Birth Cert.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Re-Enlisting, Documents needed again?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 20:51:43 »
It's like 35 bucks for another birth certificate, and I've had them show up in only a few weeks. You order it online, at least in Ontario.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 20:56:41 »
It's like 35 bucks for another birth certificate, and I've had them show up in only a few weeks. You order it online, at least in Ontario.

yeah, was in the middle of doing this..went out and bought a pre-paid credit card and it turns out the site doesnt take them i guess. Bummer  :-\
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 13:49:41 »
Yes you will still need to provide your Birth Certificate to enroll even that you have prior service.
The Birth Certificate is a mandatory piece of enrolment identification.

Online NeeNo

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 14:23:59 »
I had a damaged birth certificate a few years ago and needed a replacement ricky tick.  Paid $60 (Rush shipping) and had it in less than 48 hours.