Author Topic: Security screening question  (Read 824 times)

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
Security screening question
« on: April 26, 2017, 15:07:16 »
Bonjourno. I just talked to my navy/military councilor and she said that their doing the security screening check. Now, ive been arrested locally on very minor stuff (drinking related) and most was a $100 fine. The major hurdle was the time i got caught with some mary jane and magic shrooms and had to go to the real court house. All i got was a $500 fine for that (lawyer could've had it all dropped because cops fed up the investigation) and c'est tout. I owe no $$ to the court, not on any FBI most wanted list, ain't been arrested or summoned on any open cases...what are the chances i go through? If i was ineligible...wouldn't they have already weaned me out when i already brought my court papers back in December?

Thanks
JR

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Security screening question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 15:12:50 »
ive been arrested locally on very minor stuff (drinking related) and most was a $100 fine. The major hurdle was the time i got caught with some mary jane and magic shrooms and had to go to the real court house. All i got was a $500 fine for that (lawyer could've had it all dropped because cops fed up the investigation) and c'est tout. I owe no $$ to the court, not on any FBI most wanted list, ain't been arrested or summoned on any open cases...what are the chances i go through? If i was ineligible...wouldn't they have already weaned me out when i already brought my court papers back in December?

Once your online application has been forwarded to your local recruiting centre, they should be able to tell you why your application is delayed. The most common reasons are:
Reliability screening: the reliability screening and security check will take longer if you lived in another country or if you have a criminal record.
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#reasons

Criminal Record (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=12896.175
12 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 15:32:53 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 15:32:11 »
Yeah, court papers. But i should've added that this was back in 2003 and only had a minor blip in 2014 (everywhere else its a fine...here in small town its a "criminal offense"). Non-violent crimes. No theft. Just stupid childish mistakes.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:42 »
The recruiting staff will not tell you that you're ineligible for enrolment for security reasons. 

The CAF has a third-party company that does the background checks; once they have completed their background check if there are issues that are a hard no for entry the company will not grant the reliability status, if it is iffy (i.e. grey area) than it is forwarded to the CFRC Unit Security Supervisor to make a decision along with the CO. 

Because of above your file will be processed and the Recruiter wouldn't say you're ineligible as that is not within their job description.