Author Topic: When do I send my application?  (Read 614 times)

Offline rajdhagat

• Rate Post
When do I send my application?
« on: May 11, 2017, 08:28:48 »
Hi everyone, I have a couple questions that really need answering, but I'll give a little background info first because it might or might not help.
I'm an 18-year-old currently living in India, we had to move to a warmer climate due to my dad's spinal surgeries. I moved here in Aug 2012 with my parents and it's almost 5 years now. I have a dual citizenship in India but my primary is Canada and I'm on track to finish high school by March of 2018.
My concern is will the forces even consider my application (because I've been out of country for so long)
If it will, then I'll have to send all my paperwork from India, I mean, there's no recruiter nearby, is that possible?
I know that if I apply today, there's no way that my application would be processed my March next year anyways so when do you guys suggest I send my application? Also if you could list the current standard for people getting into the infantry trade out of high school, just so I know what I'm up against. Any help would be highly appreciated because I've put all my money on joining the army and I have no backup plans whatsoever with regards to what I'd do after high school if this doesn't work out.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:02:13 by rajdhagat »

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: When do I send my application?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 08:44:03 »
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,86619.msg1427006.html#msg1427006

There are six pages in that "Applying from Overseas (Officer, NCM - merged)" thread.

You can apply online from anywhere at any time.

Offline rajdhagat

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 08:56:44 »
I already have a previous question merged it. I must have forgotten it was there. Thanks.
But if you could also provide a basic idea of what I'm going up against with my trade choice and age.

And also suppose I were to apply today and everything gets cleared out by next year and an appointment is scheduled before March 2018, can I have it changed or not?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:01:56 by rajdhagat »

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:47:28 »
There are threads that cover all aspects of the recruiting process, including security checks and timelines. Look in the stickied "Common Topics" threads at the top of each subforum.

Yes, it'll take you a bit of time to work through those, but you'll learn more in the process, and save others from duplicating answers and therefore limit clutter on this Site.

The Recruiting System is also cunningly designed to accommodate people other than Army.ca Site members, so go online and start applying.

Qapla!

Offline rajdhagat

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 13:24:23 »
Thank you very much!