Author Topic: Turkey wants to buy S-400 systems from Russia [Merged]  (Read 748 times)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Russia and Turkey are in negotiations for the sale of the S-400.

https://www.defensetech.org/2017/05/11/turkey-seeks-advanced-s-400-anti-air-missiles-russia/

Turkey and Russia are haggling over the price for Turkey’s purchase of advanced long-range S-400 anti-air missiles, billed as F-35 killers by Moscow.

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan agreed on the outlines of an S-400 deal in May 3 meetings in the Black Sea resort town of Sochi.

“Now we have intensified the talks on some technical details and prices,” Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isik said Wednesday.

“As soon as the price issue is settled, our heads — the president and the prime minister — will make a final decision,” he said, according to Turkey’s Hurriyet newspaper.

The S-400 deal is expected to be a main topic of talks at the White House next Tuesday between Erdogan and President Donald Trump.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
Turkey wants to buy S-400 systems from Russia.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:14:34 »
Turkey is looking to buy two S-400 missile batteries from Russia.  Further proof for me they're not to be trusted.

https://www.google.ca/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN17N0RE

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Turkey wants to buy S-400 systems from Russia.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:59:33 »
Was discussing this over beverages yesterday.  The bartender said, "then the US should put missiles in Cuba." 

I guess she wasn't completely  asleep in History class, just dozing.   :blotto:

Offline CTD

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 11:21:18 »
Ha ha, not sure why we trusted them in the first place.
That part of the world has always warmed up to the side who benifits them the most, they do it with out crossing the line to far either way. That way if they need help from wither side they get it.

It's called playing both sides of the fence. It causes high tensions at times. But overall it works out well as we always need a middle man to deal with for less then desirable actions.

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 14:46:21 »
Was discussing this over beverages yesterday.  The bartender said, "then the US should put missiles in Cuba." 

I guess she wasn't completely  asleep in History class, just dozing.   :blotto:

Anybody I know??
Years ago, fairy tales all began with, "Once upon a time." Now we know they all began with, "If I'm elected."

Carolyn Warner

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 22:56:54 »
Anybody I know??
Probably not;  I was at my other  watering hole.     :cheers: