Author Topic: DEU - Women's Slack, Flat Front  (Read 1370 times)

Offline agrovue

• Rate Post
DEU - Women's Slack, Flat Front
« on: July 29, 2017, 17:19:18 »
Clothing Online has a new flat front slack for women.  Is this an alternative option to the traditional women's DEU slack - i.e. is it member's choice on which to wear? 

The description on Clothing Online says "The new women’s flat front slacks are designed to provide improved fitting options for different body types."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 17:38:27 by agrovue »

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: DEU - Women's Slack, Flat Front
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 18:23:23 »
If it makes it on to Logistik website, it's already approved for wear. I haven't seen an amplifying CANFORGEN, nor anything in the Dress Committee minutes, so if it fits you, wear it like you would the traditional DEU slacks.

Offline agrovue

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 21:51:41 »
Thanks so much for the advice!

Online FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 22:31:51 »
Hopefully they tested them on some actual women.

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 18:51:21 »
Hopefully they tested them on some actual women.

Yes.  And the hip measurement will be 10 inches larger than the waist, because that's how all women are built....   ::)
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline my72jeep

• It is the duty of all canadians to be prepared to defend thier country
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 20:22:35 »
Yes and all men have 42 chest, 38 waist, and 16 inch long arms
MA Davidson CD
Wawa,Ont.
Army.ca coin #53

Offline Strike

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Welcome to the Dead Parrot's Society.
    • The Home of the Salt, Lilly, Winstall (Wincentaylo) & Blouin Family Tree Website
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:01:56 »
Yes.  And the hip measurement will be 10 inches larger than the waist, because that's how all women are built....   ::)

I know, right?

Thankfully this new cut eliminates that.  They fit so much better than the pleated pants and are closer to the men's pants design, with a bit more material around the behind so you don't get plumber's crack when you bend over.  And they are meant to be worn with a belt.

I recommend making sure all your measurements are up to date (including length) so you can get the pants that are the closest fit as possible.  I just ordered a couple pairs of pants and I unfortunately had to get them a tad longer than I would have preferred, but they fit really well otherwise.
Don't piss me off.  I have two older brothers, work with a bunch of men, and I can kick their asses!
BOOT TO THE HEAD!

Online FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 10:02:24 »
I know that many here don't agree with me but there should be no reason that a person looks like a bag of hammers in their non-combats clothing. We get them for free through logistik and if mine don't fit when they arrive, I take them to a tailor to get fitted correctly.

Offline SJBeaton

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 11:17:16 »
Clothing Online has a new flat front slack for women.  Is this an alternative option to the traditional women's DEU slack - i.e. is it member's choice on which to wear? 

The description on Clothing Online says "The new women’s flat front slacks are designed to provide improved fitting options for different body types."

I've been wearing them for almost two years (so perhaps the description should eliminate the word "new"?). Regardless, many females have switched to the flat front and those that haven't, should. They are comfortable (apart from the lining on warm days), fit well, and look much more up to date (not circa 1983) and professional (like any dress pants should).

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 18:13:29 »
...switched to the flat front and those that haven't, should. They are comfortable...

Yeah, no.

The pleats suck in a big way, but not too bad when you cut that damn silk lining out of the pants.  The male style/straight cut don't fit me ... and didn't back in the 80s either when they were originally issued to me. 

I'm one of those chicks Moe talks about that has a huge difference between my waist and my *** and the flat-front style that is available doesn't cut it for my body-type.  That's why they give us a choice.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Starlight1

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 21:26:34 »
I still find the new pants wonky, having tried a few sizes.  Best option so far fits in the hips, loose in the waist (so belt leaves it a bit bunched up) while slightly snug on the thighs.  Yes, better than the old pleated high waisted ones, but still not there. And I'm a fairly average shape.  I suppose tailoring would make it work, but for the few times a year I wear them, I'm kind of frugal. 

Offline tree hugger

• Hug a Betula allegeniensis.
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 07:56:55 »
Have you all tried the different "fits"?  There's full, regular and slim fits.
Always behave like a duck.   Remain cool and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the dickens underneath.

Offline Starlight1

• Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 18:39:12 »
I  have tried both the regular and full fit.  Measurement guidelines on the logistic site show that slim has too little difference between waist and hip.  Although not perfect, at least they're better than the pleated front, and miles ahead of the very old flat front high waisted pants of long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk