Author Topic: Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics  (Read 213451 times)

Offline HaZarD SFD

• Father Tech
  • Rate Post
Re: The Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics
« Reply #400 on: May 10, 2015, 10:25:24 »
I have been told my my recruiter that my outstanding debt is going to be put up for Review unless I can get letters from all my creditors that I am paying them.  I have the option of not getting letters and going up to a review board, however I am being as proactive as I can in regards to this matter.
Recruting Center: Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Application Date: October 6, 2014
First Contact: November 21st, 2014
CFAT completed : 2009 (They dont expire)
Interview : May 2nd, 2016 (Update)
Job Offer: June 14th
Sworn in: July 27th
BMQ: August 8th

Offline JBevy33

• Rate Post
« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2015, 12:36:45 »
Hello,

I have one quick question that I forgot to ask my recruiter during my file submission and I was wondering if anyone on here could help me out.

How much could a very low credit score affect your probability of being accepted into the Forces?

to quote the immortal words of Kenny Chesney, i was "living life in fast forward". during my early - mid twenties and am still in the process of paying off my debts.

Any help on the matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Recruting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3 : Intelligence Operator
Application Date: April, 08, 2015
First Contact: April, 20, 2015
File Submission: July, 21, 2015
PT Test: August, 5, 2015
CFAT completed : August, 17th, 2015
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #402 on: July 27, 2015, 10:52:00 »
Merging with the long and informative thread that will supply you with answers to these and any other questions you may have.

George

Milnet Staff
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Charlo24

• Rate Post
« Reply #403 on: September 13, 2015, 14:05:36 »
The answer is yes, people with bad credit can join and be accepted into the army. Unfortunately for me, my credit has been going downhill. That being said, i've received a call a few days ago regarding my credit check and what not and all you have to do, is provide proof of an agreement of some sort with your creditors or collection agency if you are currently in collections. After that is done, you send the e-mail (to your RC) or any form of proof provided  by the company you are dealing with, and your application will continue further. All they need to see is an agreement, to make sure your current credit situation is being ressolved. Goodluck and all the best. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Matt
Recruiting Centre: North Bay, ON
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Artillery Soldier
Trade choice 2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Applied: December 19th 2013
File Transferred to recruiter: January 14 2014
CFAT: Passed - February 2014
Medical: June 23rd 2015 - Passed
Interview: June 23rd 2015 - Passed
Criminal Record Check: September 11th 2015 - Passed!
Credit Check : Passed
Merit Listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Offline jamesw

• Rate Post
« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2015, 23:46:35 »
so is it debt like loans or is it debt like the collection agencies are after you? because i just did my cfat and i have a car loan. a bike loan and about 4100$ in credit card debt. bike and car are always paid for...credit card...well its hit and miss cause i work at walmart and hours fluctuate like a wave pool lol
Update: was finally merit listed in july
Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Vehicle Tech.
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soldier
Applied: October 31, 2015
First Contact: November 6th, 2015
CFAT: November 26th, 2015 passed
Medical: January 11th, 2016 passed May 28th ish?
Interview: January 11th, 2016 passed
Merit Listed: July, 2016
Position Offered: TBD
Enrolment/Swearing In: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Offline Anira09

• Rate Post
« Reply #405 on: December 05, 2015, 17:01:53 »
Hello
I had a really bad credit and they gave me a date for my interview 15 Sept but the called me the 13th Sept to cancel because my credit was bad. I made arrangements with my creditors and the Fc asked me that i should pay 3 of 6 payments. I did it and i went to give the documents that prove it last week. Anybody in the same situation???? How long can take till they call me again for a date for interview and medical?????

Offline AlphaBravo

Ready, Aye, Ready.

• Rate Post
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2016, 21:53:03 »
I had my interview today for the Naval Reserves. I had unfortunately had some debt build up in early 2015, but I promptly got on a debt consolidation program, and I have been working on paying it off, the MCC still found me eligible but she was a little concerned with my debt, though I have shown that I am working on it, with back up from documents the credit counseling society had provided, the MCC also wanted me to send her a letter on how I managed to get myself in with collections, and how I am fixing it, and how I plan to keep it so that I will not end up in debt again. My debt is the amount of $4800.00 so it is very manageable to pay off, but I am taking it slow right now with the monthly payments of $100.00, the MCC said she was going to send it to her debt manager, and she is recommending me. Should I be worried at all, or is this a common thing with people who have to deal with collections?
Ready, Aye, Ready

Offline AKitchen

• Rate Post
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2016, 18:00:44 »
Hello
I had a really bad credit and they gave me a date for my interview 15 Sept but the called me the 13th Sept to cancel because my credit was bad. I made arrangements with my creditors and the Fc asked me that i should pay 3 of 6 payments. I did it and i went to give the documents that prove it last week. Anybody in the same situation???? How long can take till they call me again for a date for interview and medical?????

I went through the entire process and was on my Final Interview when i found out the dreaded words suitable candidate but not ideal bec of my debt, i was informed you need to show 3 months consistent payments and a payment plan or pay them off completely. I have a meeting next week to consolidate my debt with a creditor and have it removed completely and setup a payment plan so i can have my application continued. Hope this gives you an idea.

Offline Paulyduch

• Rate Post
« Reply #408 on: February 01, 2017, 09:21:53 »
So I am almost done my whole application. Just had medical and interview on Monday. All went well . the recruiter said he is going to skip my competition interview as the CAF needs me for the position. ( Armoured Soldier ) the last step they have to do is do a Reliability Screening which as I know reviews a credit check. I don't have good credit at all my cards and debt went to collections. The only thing I have done to correct it was back in November I have went to a credit counseling program to manage my debt and now its on track but stuff may show in collections still. I have given the recruiter a letter from the debt management program stating I have taken measures to pay my debt. Do you think they will still deny me as a recruit because of that. They said I would hear back in 3-4 weeks. Just nervous as this is something I really want to do.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Offline Paulyduch

• Rate Post
Help
« Reply #409 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:47 »
So I am almost done my whole application. Just had medical and interview on Monday. All went well . the recruiter said he is going to skip my competition interview as the CAF needs me for the position. ( Armoured Soldier ) the last step they have to do is do a Reliability Screening which as I know reviews a credit check. I don't have good credit at all my cards and debt went to collections. The only thing I have done to correct it was back in November I have went to a credit counseling program to manage my debt and now its on track but stuff may show in collections still. I have given the recruiter a letter from the debt management program stating I have taken measures to pay my debt. Do you think they will still deny me as a recruit because of that. They said I would hear back in 3-4 weeks. Just nervous as this is something I really want to do.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Help
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2017, 09:39:12 »

See also,

The Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics 
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,13319.msg1474751.html#msg1474751
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2017, 09:41:25 »

See also,

Help
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,125109.msg1474753.html#msg1474753

Offline Paulyduch

• Rate Post
« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2017, 10:04:18 »
See also,

Help
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,125109.msg1474753.html#msg1474753
I can't check it. It says server too busy

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Emily92

• Rate Post
Re: Help
« Reply #413 on: February 01, 2017, 10:11:51 »
I had a 409.00  bill in collections from 8 years ago and my whole application was froze till it was payed;   Hope yours doesn't.       Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DAHOK987

• Rate Post
« Reply #414 on: March 27, 2017, 21:53:24 »
There's a specific reason there's a credit check, the CF doesn't want or need administrative burdens due to personal finances, or worse: individuals who can be persuaded by criminal elements/foreign intelligence due to their poor financial state. Work at McDonalds, or move if your local job market is terrible, but doing nothing will look terrible on your application.

Read this and just thought I'd mention, someone who is unable to find work because of a crappy local job market, more often than not can't /afford/ to move. As moving requires first and last months rent somewhere, moving expenses (gas, rentals etc) and is often difficult to do even for people with a steady financial situation, suggesting this to someone who is unable to make minimum payments on a credit card, is probably not helping much. I only felt the need to mention this because that is the exact situation I am in now.
Recruiting centre: CFRC Kingston
Trade choice 1: Boatswain
Trade choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Enrollment Date: October 13th, 2016
First contact: October 17th 2016
CFAT: Aug 27th, 2013
Medical: November 15th 2016
Interview: January 26th 2017
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:06 »
Read this and just thought I'd mention, someone who is unable to find work because of a crappy local job market, more often than not can't /afford/ to move. As moving requires first and last months rent somewhere, moving expenses (gas, rentals etc) and is often difficult to do even for people with a steady financial situation, suggesting this to someone who is unable to make minimum payments on a credit card, is probably not helping much. I only felt the need to mention this because that is the exact situation I am in now.

The idea is that you should be living within your means.  Simply not having employment is not enough to be refused entry into the CAF, many applicants are currently unemployed or just graduated from school.  However if you have no employment and debt to the point of being in collections (or not being able to make minimum payments), that could cause your application to be closed.

Offline FinnO25

• Rate Post
Re: Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics
« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2017, 10:33:20 »
I have a small student loan debt (Under 6000) and a good credit rating, im just wondering if the student debt will cause me any issues?
Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2017, 11:13:19 »
I have a small student loan debt (Under 6000) and a good credit rating, im just wondering if the student debt will cause me any issues?

Forces.ca

"Tell us about any personal debts you have and your plans to repay them."
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

Offline FinnO25

• Rate Post
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2017, 11:15:45 »
Thanks!

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:13 »
Thanks!

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

Offline FinnO25

• Rate Post
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2017, 14:13:42 »
Hey everyone!

I just have a quick question about my credit check. Here goes, I do have some debt enough so that a letter from my creditor was needed. I now have acquired this letter with that being done, will it allow my application to proceed normally?

Once again thanks in advance for the help!

Online Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2017, 19:42:32 »
Hand it in to your Recruiter and see.

Offline Paulyduch

• Rate Post
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2017, 17:04:50 »
Yes it should be okay. I did a debt consolidation loan. And gave a letter to prove it now it just shows I'm taking responsibility to pay my debt with a payment arrangement and everything went well. I wouldn't fret too much about it

Offline FinnO25

• Rate Post
« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2017, 18:03:40 »
Thanks for the answer Paulyduch!  :army:

Offline Paulyduch

• Rate Post
« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2017, 18:13:51 »
No prob !