Author Topic: The Rations and Quarters Merged Thread  (Read 191745 times)

Offline ArmyVern

in Ottawa.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: The Rations and Quarters Merged Thread
« Reply #475 on: December 07, 2015, 18:21:58 »
Geez ArmyVern,
At what point do you do a periodic re-evaluation of your decision to stay in the CAF.  It must be difficult to keep letting the dice come up "Them" rather than "Us"
I applaud you and your husband for your sevice mindset but where do you draw the line?
My wife and I are a Married Service Couple also. 
I did 2yrs IR in Wainwright while my wife stayed at her Regiment in Edmonton.
I then did a year at home in Edmonton at my home BN.
Then I was offered a great 2 yr Position at College Militaire Royale Saint Jean where I am right now. (this really was our choice this time.)
If I am lucky enough to return to BN in Edmonton after this it will likely be time for her to get posted to a school in Wainwright or Gagetown.
At that time we will seriously have to re-evaluate my continuing past 25yrs.

I'm currently in Edmonton, but heading your way in January for a bit of time being schooled at CMR.  Perhaps we can do beers.

I have 3 to do to hit 30 TI ... too close to call it quits now.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Jay4th

• Rate Post
« Reply #476 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:54 »
I will see you when you get here then.  :salute:
Trg Div Sergeant-Major,  CMR St. Jean

Offline cmdj1982

• Rate Post
« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:18 »
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone currently in (or recently graduated) from ROTP has any idea of the current deduction off of pay for R&Q during their stay at RMC? I have searched high and low and gotten some old figures here, but can't find any indication past posts from 2013...

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2016, 10:36:43 »
Just wondering if anyone currently in or recently graduated) from ROTP has any idea the current deduction off of pay for R&Q during the stay at RMC? I have searched high and low and gotten some old figures here, but can't find any indication past posts from 2013...

As you are posting from a DWAN computer, can you not just turn around and ask your RMS staff for the latest figures?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2016, 11:28:44 »
Just wondering if anyone currently in (or recently graduated) from ROTP has any idea of the current deduction off of pay for R&Q during their stay at RMC?

See also,

Going rate for R&Q?
Just wondering if anyone currently in or recently graduated) from ROTP has any idea the current deduction off of pay for R&Q during the stay at RMC?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:45:42 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2016, 15:42:30 »
As you are posting from a DWAN computer, can you not just turn around and ask your RMS staff for the latest figures?

Perhaps the RMS staff are not right there, not all computers are located with us.  Or perhap the RMS staff told him it was a good learning opp and look it up himself.  ;D  I will stop with those ones.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline secondchance

• Rate Post
« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2016, 13:20:19 »
I know married or common law people don't pay for the quarters .
But how is situation with single parent who has child?
My child will continue to live at the same place and I will pay for rent.
Do I have to pay my quarters during my training ?

Offline Dan99

• Rate Post
Going to Borden and on PAT platoon
« Reply #482 on: June 20, 2016, 05:00:56 »
Good morning,

I'm going to Borden in July and will be on PAT til I get coursed and I was talking to a buddy of mine and he informed me that since I own a house in Toronto and am paying mortgage and I'm not being "posted" to Borden and will have to live in the shacks, i would be waived from paying quarters and rations til I'm qualified. Can any RMS clerks or someone who has been in similar situations shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Offline Jayjaycf

• Rate Post
Re: Going to Borden and on PAT platoon
« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2016, 08:45:15 »
You wont likely have to pay quarter but I am pretty sure you will pay for ration, afaik theres no way for people who arent qualified in their trade to not pay for the food.

Offline Leeworthy

• Rate Post
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2016, 16:06:32 »
I'm here in Borden now. You will have to pay rations for sure. Yeah cannot separate from rations when you are on an initial trades course. If y are attach posted then you can. The Only thing we can have taken off is you quarters. Which is 98 a month. Rations are 526 I believe a month.

Offline BorisK

• Rate Post
    • Westbury National Show Systems Ltd.
« Reply #485 on: August 23, 2016, 10:48:17 »
Would someone be able to point me towards information about Rations options for CFB Edmonton?  I'm headed there
in November and was curious what my options / prices are for full, partial, etc. 

While I'm at it, are the various price options for singles quarters (shacks) or is it all one price and one style of room?

Best regards,

Offline TrunkMonkey315

• Rate Post
« Reply #486 on: March 29, 2017, 16:10:50 »
I re-enrolled last month, own a house in the Edmonton area and currently posted to Wainwright on BTL. I'm not authorized a move until I complete QL3 in my new trade, which can be upwards of 1-1.5 years due to few courses being run in my small trade. My Chief Clerk had to phone the recruiting centre to find out my entitlement but is telling me I'm only eligible to have my room in the barracks paid for 6 months on enrollment.

I was under the impression that while maintaining a principle residence a member would not be charged quarters. I mentioned this to him but was told the 6 months was all that would be covered according to the recruiting centre.

I know there are a few guru's here, is this correct? Where would I find this information?

EDIT: I do have a GF living there but in the eyes of the CF I am single. I know married benefits do make a difference but I'm still on the hook for a mortgage and barracks are expensive if you're not a private :D

Cheers.