Author Topic: TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________  (Read 45218 times)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________
« on: November 04, 2008, 19:37:41 »
Everyone entering the Recruiting Process to join any Element of the Canadian Forces, Regular or Reserves is an individual.

Timings for each individual going through the process will be different and there is no control on how long the following will take:

Medical reviews.

Enhanced Reliability Checks.

BackCheck.

The complete application process will vary in length depending on many factors.  Those who are in perfect physical condition, perfect health, no Criminal Record, good Credit Rating, good education credentials, good references, good marks on the CFAT, and fill the major criteria to join the CF will progress faster than those who may have a problem or two in those matters.  There is no guaranteed time that any part of the process will be completed.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:57:23 by kratz »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Joshua1

• Rate Post
merit listed
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:47:31 »
I was just wondering the process. I have finally finished the process with all the testing, also had my interview and security clearance was completed as well. As of April of 2012 i have been merit listed. Is it usually a long wait after you have been merit listed. My CFRC Halifax.

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: merit listed
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:10:06 »
Check here:  TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________

and here:  Application Process Samples

The time varies depending on many factors.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Recruit16

• Rate Post
Medical Sent to RMO
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 15:13:14 »
Hey Everyone,

I have passed everything (CFAT, Interview, Fitness Test) and I am just waiting on the RMO to sign off on my medical, I was just wondering how long this take and what happens after? Do you have any tips to make this process faster? From what I know it was sent up just over a week ago.

Thank you!

Offline KerryBlue

• Rate Post
Re: Medical Sent to RMO
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 15:17:05 »
Honestly there really isn't anything you can do. The RMO reviews your file and determines whether you are fit or not. I believe the average I was told is about 2-4 weeks for it to go to the RMO, return and be processed by your RC. Mine took about a week and a half.

Afterwards assuming everything else on your file(CFAT, Interview, background check) is completed you should be merit listed.

Offline JonathanSeguin

• Rate Post
Question About recruitment time?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 19:00:16 »
Hi, I'm Jonathan Seguin,

I've been waiting since January 30th when I applied and got the automatic email for a response but they haven't given me any. Should I call or is it normal to wait for 2 months? Thanks for any answers or response.

Offline JonathanSeguin

• Rate Post
Re: Question About recruitment time?
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 19:06:42 »
Also I'm applying for the reserves in Ottawa if that helps.

Offline JonathanSeguin

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 21:11:31 »
When I applied They said that I didn't need to stop by and just apply online, then in the online email it said they would contact me when the application will be processed.
So I don't know what letter I have to get and online it doesn't say anything about getting a letter?

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 08:04:15 »
Also I'm applying for the reserves in Ottawa if that helps.

That little bit of information definitely helps.  You will generally NOT receive a follow-up email if you are applying for Reserves.  It is your responsibility to inform the Reserve Unit which you have already been in contact with, that you have submitted your online application.  They will then continue your process from that point on.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline JonathanSeguin

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 02:34:34 »
Thanks, i got into contact through email, first time it sent auto reply so second time I made sure the title had the open status on my application so they knew what I was messaging about.
Also for recruiter I saw a recruiter, was passed to another office since I wanted to know about multiple areas, but the area I went to didn't have any at the time so I didn't know about talking to them after wards. But thanks for the info.

Offline luttrellfan

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 15:57:46 »
Well, no one can really answer that question. I'll give it a try anyway.

Assuming you're applying for the Regular Force, it could probably take 6-12 months (I hope someone else on this forum can verify/agree with me). That is without any issue's with your application; issue's such as, medical, physical, laziness to fill out forms or my personal favourite the competence of the recruiting center.

I applied when I was 17. I'm 20 now and still trying to get in. I've hit a few roadblocks here and there and I anticipate getting in when I'm 22 to give you a rough estimate.

If I were to give you advice: Be patient. There are many people who've had it worse than me.

Sincerely,
jaysfan17
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 16:00:34 by jaysfan17 »
Man, if you knew how short life was and how fast it can be snatched away from you, you wouldn’t waste one second doing anything that didn’t bring you absolute enjoyment. Period!
-   Marcus Luttrell

Offline FortYorkRifleman

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 16:08:14 »
Well, no one can really answer that question. I'll give it a try anyway.

Assuming you're applying for the Regular Force, it could probably take 6-12 months (I hope someone else on this forum can verify/agree with me). That is without any issue's with your application; issue's such as, medical, physical, laziness to fill out forms or my personal favourite the competence of the recruiting center.

I applied when I was 17. I'm 20 now and still trying to get in. I've hit a few roadblocks here and there and I anticipate getting in when I'm 22 to give you a rough estimate.

If I were to give you advice: Be patient. There are many people who've had it worse than me.

Sincerely,
jaysfan17

Five years? Thats unbelievable. I admire your determination though

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 16:12:26 »
 ::)

We really would not have so much problems with redundant threads if only people would READ first before posting a question that has been answered thousands of times before and stickied so as to be right there, up front, for them to find:

http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,81054.0.html

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.

Any postings made by me which are made on behalf of Army.ca will be followed by the statement "George, Milnet.ca Staff".

Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Ryan_T

• Rate Post
After interview
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 16:21:15 »
I am reading alot of posts regarding people waiting months to get in to BMQ. So, I am just curious to know if people are selecting those dates or is the military that busy where you have to wait months before going? I am currently waiting for my email/call for my interview to be a sup tech.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: After interview
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 16:41:41 »
I am just curious to know if people are selecting those dates or is the military that busy where you have to wait months before going?

From the Recruiting Sticky,

http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,81054.0.html

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline FlyLikeAnEagle

• Rate Post
Waiting now
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 12:30:28 »
So, i just talked to the PO2 and he told me that all my checks (liability, reference, educational, et al) are done and i'm in the running for my trade. I know everyones different (is that anti-politically correct..hard to tell these days) but approximately how long do members typically wait for the call?

Thanks.

Ps...is this what you call "merit listed" or did i swing and miss?

Gracias

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Waiting now
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 12:39:06 »
  approximately how long do members typically wait for the call?

https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=81054.0

Application Process Samples 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=13064.0
213 pages.

is this what you call "merit listed" or did i swing and miss?

I see that a lot on here but have no clue as to what that is. Can someone help me?

Merit List Mega Thread of Questions 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=12776.100
11 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:48:25 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww