• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

pay?

Hack

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Evening Gentlemen

I have just completed my application to enroll in the Reserves for this upcoming summer; but there is one question that I simply cannot get a straight answer to...

How much will I be paid (for one month) as a private, infanteer, in the reserve forces.

The reason I ask is because I have received A LOT of contradictory information about total pay.

One of the main reasons the reserves appeals to me (besides teamwork, honour, loyalty) is the money. I plan to live on base, and have the forces take care of my food and board.

I would like for someone who has been an infantry reservist, lived on base, and worked full time during the summer to answer this question. Just read the number right off your pay stub!

Please do not direct me to the CF site, as I know they pay 67.00 a day (plus 11.50)

I am a poor student, who really needs the money. I do not wish to be mislead into thinking I am being paid 2100 a month (plus 11.50 a day) as is quoted on the reserves site - but then be subject to massive deductions

HOW MUCH, before taxes, but after other "deductions" (whatever they may be) will I be paid?

Thanks

It‘s roughly $70 a day (over 6 hours and under 24). You will be told during your interview.

*grabs pay sheet from previous summer*

if you‘re going away on course this summer, you should expect to be paid APPROXIMATELY $2100/month (71.38 every full day you work, but when you‘re on course you‘re on Class B pay, which means you‘re considered to be working 7 days a week) so multiply 71.38 by number of days your course is. then deduct taxes (federal tax and employment insurance) which knocks off about 400-ish a month.
BUT, you get pay for every day that you‘re away from home (I don‘t recall exactly how much it was a day, but I got a whopping 900-ish buck cheque at the end of my 8-week course) Plus, when you‘re out in the field you get 16 bucks of ‘field operation allowance‘ every day you‘re out there.

You mentioned you‘re a student, I hope you‘re aware of the rembursement program availible for reservists- when you join your unit you‘ll be able to apply for it. (Up to $2000/ year for four years is what I‘ve been told)

BTW, when you‘re on course with the reserves in the summer you get free room and board and you live on base anyway, (whether you want to or not), plus most trades have the same rate of pay.

Hope that helped more then confused you :)

When you sleep on base, while on military business (bmq, ql3, sq, whatever) you get $17.50 a day in TD. :D

Any one know how much a full time infanteer member would roughly get paid? I thought i‘d just post here rather then start another topic.

best to check the pay tables, they are on the DND website, and are accessible through a link in the Recruiting FAQ section under the heading "Pay and Allowances".

Edited to add more info

Are those pay allowances on the DND site before or after food, housing etc?

You mentioned you‘re a student, I hope you‘re aware of the rembursement program availible for reservists- when you join your unit you‘ll be able to apply for it. (Up to $2000/ year for four years is what I‘ve been told)
Unfortunately, this program is apparently ceasing at the end of this year, and it is undetermined whether or not it will be renewed yet.

Originally posted by boxerboy50:
[qb] How much do you get paid per hour when you work under 6 hours? [/qb]
When you‘re starting out, $35.69. (half the full-day‘s pay.)

I‘d like to comment on AlphaCharlie... if you are a reservist within the geographical area of the base, which is 50km, and you are on class b tasking, aside from a course. You are not entitled to rations and quarters. You will have to fend for yourself on that one. Even if you say that you want to pay for them, they will not allow it

Oh yes, as well. In reference to TD and FOA. TD is around 16 dollars a day, but if your contract is over 30 days, it drops to $12 for the remainder of the contract. As well, if you are in the field, and what the book means by this is "in a hide, patrol base, or defensive with no running/hot water/electricity, then you will get FOA, and not your TD, you can only get one or the other per day, not both.

TD is $17.30 a day, you get it when you arrive and depart your contract, and for the first 31 days. After that it drops to $13.00 a day. FOA is $16.40

Back