Author Topic: Pilot ROTP  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Tuna

• Rate Post
Pilot ROTP
« on: September 08, 2011, 17:26:26 »
Some Canadian ROTP questions?
OK, so i would like to enroll in ROTP, as an Engineer Officer, ACSO,or pilot, and I am pretty clear on the concept of ROTP, except for the time frames, as an engineer officer I am pretty sure that you only have to spend 4-5 years in the military after your education...true? and an acso is supposedly pretty similar, but as a pilot the training (according to more yahoo answers research) is 5-7 years, does that mean that after my 4 years of university i will have to spend 5-7 years training and then 9-12 years as a pilot? please explain all of this a little further if you can...thank you
"The only thing on earth smarter than a warrant officer is a senior officer" -WO Dygalo, 9th company of Russian infantry

Offline benny88

• Rate Post
Re: Pilot ROTP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 13:01:41 »
Do NOT use Yahoo answers for anything, it's completely disreputable. There's some excellent information here, if you search for ROTP Pilot you'll find more than enough to keep you reading for days; but again, be cautious trusting information you see on an unofficial website.

What I'm trying to get at is....Go talk to a recruiter.

Good luck!
The people trying to make this world worse, are not taking a day off.

Offline Tuna

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 18:40:27 »
oh believe, me If I could...I would, biggest problem being that I live abroad...
"The only thing on earth smarter than a warrant officer is a senior officer" -WO Dygalo, 9th company of Russian infantry

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 20:55:21 »
First step Tuna - use search function.  Use: ROTP, PILOT as a start

Second step - move back to Canada - you have very little options abroad and will not be able to complete any recruiting process without being physically present in Canada.

Quick answer to your question.  ROTP - 4 years of University, wait for pilot training 1-2 years, pilot training 2-3 years - once winged, you owe 7 years.  Do the math.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Offline Tuna

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 23:27:46 »
Thanks, i plan on moving back to Canada the minute I turn 18, what does one do while waiting for training?

Offline Ditch

• Established 1998
  • Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I routinely step in it, but like conflict...
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 17:11:14 »
what does one do while waiting for training?
OJT - On the Job Training - search OJT and see what others in your position have been up to while waiting for training. 
Per Ardua Ad Astra