Author Topic: Sar tech  (Read 6058 times)

Offline oli77

• Rate Post
Sar tech
« on: November 20, 2012, 23:01:35 »
Hi, i would like to know, when you ask to a trade on Saar tech, do you need to get a Paramedic certificate on your sideline or ?.... please describe me the process. Thank you

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: Sar tech
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:19:17 »
 ???
If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.

And brother, it's startin' to rain...

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:57:32 »
???

Are you confused that he is asking about a Tech posn that specializes in the Saar Region of Germany?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:26:15 »
Are you confused that he is asking about a Tech posn that specializes in the Saar Region of Germany?

;D  Is that what he asked??

I don't know what "a sideline" is in the context he means...or might mean.  Or didn't mean. 

SQUIRREL!

I'm wondering if there is a French/English translation aspect....
If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.

And brother, it's startin' to rain...

Online PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:41:51 »
I'm wondering if there is a French/English translation aspect....

Just a wild guess, but I think the OP is asking if SAR is selected as a trade, does one have to get their paramedic certificate on their own.

But, as I said, just a guess.   :dunno:
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline HappyWithYourHacky

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:58:52 »
oli77,

Currently you can only apply to the Sar Tech trade if you are a current serving member of the Reg Force. There was a 5 year trial where they hired paramedic/firefighter qualified civilians "off the street" but that has been put aside indefinitely. At this point, the trade has a surplus of Sar Techs so recruiting and course sizes are at a minimum. In fact this years course only has six candidates.

Offline nickair

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 19:06:01 »
oli77,

Currently you can only apply to the Sar Tech trade if you are a current serving member of the Reg Force. There was a 5 year trial where they hired paramedic/firefighter qualified civilians "off the street" but that has been put aside indefinitely. At this point, the trade has a surplus of Sar Techs so recruiting and course sizes are at a minimum. In fact this years course only has six candidates.

I've met them all 6 in my AMT course this summer. Nice guys by the way :nod:

Offline Devo3733

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 20:36:32 »
I'm sure that being/having been a  paramedic or other such emergency services will no doubt be a feather in your cap applying for SAR Tech but I couldn't tell you if it's mandatory.  I actually tried applying for the civilian route that happywithyourhacky was referring to and yes it was a brief experiment.