Author Topic: Mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut  (Read 44574 times)

Online GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 21:44:06 »
Sales of bulletproof backpacks, kids' body armor by Utah company soar 500 percent following Connecticut shootings
By Joshua Rhett Miller December 19, 2012 FoxNews.com
Article Link

Sales for bulletproof backpacks and child-sized body armor manufactured by a Utah company have increased 500 percent since last week’s shooting massacre at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary, company officials said.

Derek Williams, director of sales and marketing for Amendment II, said Wednesday that the Salt Lake City-based firm has seen “incredible demand” for its pint-sized products that feature lightweight armor called RynoHide.

“We’ve seen incredible demand, sales have gone up 500 percent for those particular products,” Williams said. “It’s just gone through the roof.”

The backpacks, which retail for as little as $300, will stop a bullet fired from a .357 Magnum and feature an armor component that weighs just 10 ounces, Williams said. He declined to discuss specific sales figures.

“It’s so lightweight, it only adds 10 ounces to their backpack,” the father of six told FoxNews.com. “Would this armor have helped the kids in Connecticut? We don’t know, but any armor is better than no armor.”
More on link
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2012, 10:47:46 »
removed
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:07:52 by ObedientiaZelum »
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2012, 11:16:19 »
According to this article (and a live blog on The Newtown Patch), the protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church didn't show up.
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2012, 11:22:56 »
Well, this angle didn't take long to pop up ....
Adam Lanza aspired to be a Marine, one of "the few, the proud."

Failing that, he planned to join another branch of the military.

That is what he told his mother Nancy Lanza, his biggest cheerleader, and that is what she relayed to one of her closest friends, Ellen Adriani of Sandy Hook.

At first, Nancy Lanza supported her youngest son's dream. She liked the idea that the military would give him purpose, a career path and structure to his life. But the more she thought about it, the more she saw a downside.

"It became overwhelmingly clear to her that it [military service] wasn't right for him," Adriani said. "She squashed" any notion of Adam joining the Marines or any branch of the armed services by reminding him "that he didn't like to be touched," said Adriani, and that if he were injured "doctors and medics would have to handle him to treat him." ....
Like THIS made the difference .... :facepalm:
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline PMedMoe

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2012, 11:25:57 »
Well, this angle didn't take long to pop up ....Like THIS made the difference .... :facepalm:

Sounds like Mom was pretty controlling....
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2012, 11:29:50 »
According to this article (and a live blog on The Newtown Patch), the protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church didn't show up.

Looks like you're right, thank you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:08:23 by ObedientiaZelum »
There are no wolves on Fenris

jollyjacktar

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2012, 12:08:30 »
First intelligent thing they've accomplished that I've heard of.   :o

Offline maikeru333

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 02:32:36 »
There is evidence of a coverup in the sandyhooks shooting.

-a coroner's reporter showing adam died the day before the shooting was posted online
-the police radio scanner recordings clearly mention multiple shooters, as well as some of these shooters being captured 'alive' at the time...
-adam lanza was found with only hand guns on him, and the reports are that the shootings were done by a rifle - there was a rifle found in a car -said to be adam lanza's, but bloggers have checked the licence plate and found the ACTUAL owners of the vehicle the weapon was found in, and their names, and criminal records, as well as showing the media changing their story on this and lying about the details

some people suggest there are ties and similarities between the batman movie shooter case (where there is a direct connection to psyops and the LIBOR scandal) and what happened in the sandy hooks case, ie similar modus operandi , see matt taibbi's articles for some good 'mainstream media' reports on the LIBOR banking corruption scandal 

I've been trying to verify the information that i've seen; these are the things that seemed to have the strongest evidence and were the most compelling that I saw... there is a list of 'unanswered questions' that was circulating on the internet that shows some inconsistencies in this case when examined, although there were some errors in it (people suggested they felt it was better to share information quickly rather than wait to critically analyze every one of these questions first).

the doctrine of 'order out of chaos', (Create a)problem-reaction-solution (that people creating the problem want), or the 'shock doctrine' as naomi klein explores in depth in her book and the documentary based on the book which is free to watch online, if taken as modus operandi, could very well appear here, as much political action is being taken based on these events. So not to take the reality of the seriousness of this event lightly, personally I think it warrants a deeper look through less traditional channels.

Offline Container

• BAMFNG
  • Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:41 »
So the first responders shot the children in the school?

You are so far out of your lane it isnt even funny. Of course the radios and statements made at the time are contrary- those are based on a situation with moving parts where people are seeing and hearing different things. Hundreds of people calling in "tips" at once and people stepping over the bodies trying to find if there is only one shooter or more than one.

Maybe someday you should risk some skin off your *** and see what its like afterwards for you.
Posted again...thats six in six.

Offline PMedMoe

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2013, 06:56:50 »
There is evidence of a coverup in the sandyhooks shooting.

Any links to back your conspiracy claim?   :Tin-Foil-Hat:

You are so far out of your lane it isnt even funny.

Agreed.   ::)
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2013, 07:04:25 »
There is evidence of a coverup in the sandyhooks shooting ....
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight .....

More reading, less posting for you for a bit.

Milnet.ca Staff
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:42:59 by milnews.ca »

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Online Old Sweat

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 08:33:31 »
In light of our muted friend's post re "a coverup in the sandyhooks [sic] shooting" I suggest that you consider reading Jonathan Kay's Among The Truthers: A Journey into the Growing Conspiracist Underground of 9/11 Truthers, Birthers, Armageddonites, Vaccine Hysterics, Hollywood Know-Nothings, and Internet Addicts. Mister Kay is a managing editor, columnist, blogger and member of the editorial board at The National Post. His thesis is that because of the 9/11 terrorist attacks "people are abandoning reality and retreating into internet-based fantasy worlds conjured out of their own fears and prejudices. . ." I would suggest the trend was already there - think the JFK assassination and the midair explosion of the airliner over Long Island - but the availability of the internet allowed people to connect with one another so as to develop the inconsistencies in any situation into massive conspiracies with a wide following of believers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:47:13 by Old Sweat »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:51 »
I would surmise that the new TV show "The Following" has a rabid fan.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Pandora114

• Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 10:50:34 »
I have tons of Autism parents in my facebook list.  (Goes with having a kid with autism) Unfortunately, a good many of them are nuts like the muted tinfoiler.  You should see my newsfeed...one guy actually believes the moon is a hollow man made space station. 

I keep them around for laughs. 

And yes some most of them do think Sandy Hook was just a conspiracy for Obama to take guns away from the American people. 

You know, I watched the Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on Piers Morgan tonight.  I laughed really hard at Jones.  He did not do his "truther" movement any favours I tell ya.  If you want a good laugh, watch it on youtube. 

I'm not a fan of either guy...but man, Morgan held it together.

Offline cupper

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then wait until dark.
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 16:21:21 »
Bat Crap Crazies are ready to pounce on anything to further their own delusional agendas.

Sandy Hook: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting_conspiracy_theories

9/11: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/911_conspiracy

JFK Assassination: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination_conspiracy_theories

Moon Landings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Landing_Conspiracy

General Theories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

Good time to invest in Alcoa Stocks, and sit back and wait for the Squirrel Uprising.
It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, it's damned near impossible against a stupid person.

There is no God, and life is just a myth.

"He who drinks, sleeps. He who sleeps, does not sin. He who does not sin, is holy. Therefore he who drinks, is holy."

Let's Go CAPS!

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2016, 08:02:30 »
And the conspiracy train keeps on rolling ...  :Tin-Foil-Hat:
... To an epistemological certainty, Sandy Hook was not real, nobody real died. Sandy Hook was a FEMA drill with the purpose of generating support for an extreme gun control and federal power agenda. This review will simply catalog the main factual data that demonstrates the certainty ...

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Online Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2016, 10:33:08 »
Sadly this dishonours the victims and harms the gun rights side at the same time.

Offline milnews.ca

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2016, 11:37:18 »
Sadly this dishonours the victims and harms the gun rights side at the same time.
:nod:

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2016, 10:33:39 »
July 30, 2016

Newtown, Connecticut (CNN) — Sandy Hook Elementary will be filled with students again this August.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/us/sandy-hook-school-reopening/index.html
"The building also includes security cameras throughout the ceilings of the hallways, secure doors, visible locks on each door and bullet-proof glass. Other security and safety plans in the school are confidential."

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2016, 19:56:31 »
Adding for reference,

Governor's Sandy Hook Advisory Commission
http://portal.ct.gov/Departments_and_Agencies/Office_of_the_Governor/Learn_More/Working_Groups/Governor_s_Sandy_Hook_Advisory_Commission/

As recommended, cities across the US are equipping their non-tactical Paramedics and EMTs with Ballistic PPE ( BPPE ). NYC just put out a massive contract for ballistic helmets and vests for their entire non-tactical EMS fleet.

ETF Paramedics have had this stuff for years. Now cities are issuing BPPE to all non-tactical  crews,
http://www.fox8live.com/story/32870598/new-orleans-equips-paramedics-with-bullet-proof-vests-military-grade-helmets
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 20:31:54 by mariomike »

Offline CBH99

• Rate Post
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2016, 20:30:27 »
EMS in Calgary has worn black body-armor for years, with a big white EMS patch across the back.
Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2016, 20:50:27 »
EMS in Calgary has worn black body-armor for years, with a big white EMS patch across the back.

Is that right? Even non-tactical Paramedics?

Do they wear it all the time? ( Except in stations and hospitals. )

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 20:54:38 by mariomike »

Offline CBH99

• Rate Post
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2016, 22:12:18 »
All paramedics for Alberta Health Services are issued body-armor.  It says EMS on the front & has the big medical insignia on the back.  Anytime I see paramedics dealing with something on the street, they always have it on.

I had to call EMS for my mother about 6 months ago, at about 1am.  Both of those medics were wearing it.

Tactical EMS in Calgary & Edmonton have the same uniform as police tactical members, but with EMS on the body-armor.

Fortune Favours the Bold...and the Smart.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some Boondock Saints kicking around?

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2016, 22:41:34 »
Our younger guys asked the union to put vests on the 1999 contract negotiations Wish List. I would have preferred the money.
The City agreed, but under one condition. They had to be worn at all times, except in stations and hospitals. They had to be already on when we arrived on scene. 

At CME I, along with everyone else, tried a vest on for five-minutes. I hated it. So did the others. There was a Yes or No sheet in the classroom. The group I was with all marked No.

Frankly, the idea of crawling under subways, up and down 5th floor walk-ups, ditches, ravines, bathrooms etc... No thanks! Plus the look of them for goodness sake!

Funny thing, the Supervisor said, "Good for you!" and under his breath muttered "sissy aprons!"  :)

It's a whole new ballgame with the RTF protocol. I think I would take one now, thank-you very much, and a helmet too!  :)

Interesting pic of the stretcher patient. We always  blanketed ours. Even in summer, a sheet only.

Looks like they are wearing vests in NYC now. From what I have read, I think they do in all American cities now, or soon will be,
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvY6l5AHAL/?hl=en

The Calgary ETF Paramedic looks well equipped. So are ours. But, how many are there and what is their targeted response time to an Active Shooter?
If it's anything like Toronto, that's why our Non-Tactical Paramedic Response to Emergency Task Force (ETF) Incidents S.O.P. was revised on June 15, 2016. "Where Tactical Paramedics are not available, non-tactical Paramedics may be assigned to ETF police incidents."

I'm not talking out of school, it's on the Internet.

I don't know about Calgary, but our ETF Paramedics receive ( well deserved ) higher pay. With RTF, no doubt that will result in a negotiated / arbitrated pay raise.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:57:13 by mariomike »