Author Topic: Terrorist Plot to Sabotage Canada-U.S. VIA Train Foiled  (Read 15948 times)

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Terrorist Plot to Sabotage Canada-U.S. VIA Train Foiled
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 20:17:51 »
I'm not even associated with Tim's family and can only imagine the pain and sadness his mother endures every day, but I find the idea of Li getting a full discharge absolutely abhorrent.

Regards
G2G

Yet, when I made the comment a few days back that our Justice System often favours the Criminal over the Victims, the cries came out again about "Human Rights".  This is one of many cases, and unfortunately we are forced to live with them even though they are morally distasteful.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 21:14:03 »
Medication be damned.  I would never be comfortable around Li or trust anyone else like him, should they be returned to society.  As far as I'm concerned he just one step away from going off meds and listening to those voices in his head once more.  Those voices need their tongues  cut out.

Offline 7thghoul

• Rate Post
  • CF Applicant
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 21:51:25 »
Vince Li = nightmare fuel. I can't buy a greyhound ticket without a tiny tinge of worry because of that one time someone got beheaded on the bus. I feel bad because there is, I believe, A very high chance (99.9% certain) that he is mentally ill and wasn't necessarily in control. BUT that lack of control itself should merit a life of segregation.
Recruiting Centre: New Westminister, BC
Regular/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Online Application: June 16th 2017
First Contact: June 22nd 2017
CFAT: July 18th 2017 (Passed)
Medical: - July 17th 2018
Interview: - July 17th 2018
Medical approved: Aug 1st 2018
Competition listed: Aug 3rd 2018
Position offered: -
Swearing in: -
BMQ: -

Online Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 22:03:35 »
Vince Li actually gives me the heebie jeebies dude. Can't believe he is out.

He's now known as Will Baker. He's completely on his own and trusted to take his meds. The mental health advocates ....(and to a certain extent I
am one too).. .basically called all those who wanted Vince in a secure facility for life a bunch of uneducated ignorant hicks. I would far prefer him in a secure psychiatric facility than on the street. Compassion only goes so far before it becomes idiocy.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 22:06:30 »
Vince Li = nightmare fuel.

Vince has his own nine-page thread,

Manitoba bus stabbing/ beheading
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=78542.150

This makes it an even dozen,

'Hated' church group to protest Tim McLean funeral 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=78744.0
3 pages.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 22:09:36 by mariomike »

Offline jmt18325

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 23:38:50 »

Yet, when I made the comment a few days back that our Justice System often favours the Criminal over the Victims, the cries came out again about "Human Rights".  This is one of many cases, and unfortunately we are forced to live with them even though they are morally distasteful.

Vince Lee wasn't convicted of a crime, so, that doesn't really make your argument.

Offline jmt18325

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2017, 23:39:50 »
Medication be damned.  I would never be comfortable around Li or trust anyone else like him, should they be returned to society.  As far as I'm concerned he just one step away from going off meds and listening to those voices in his head once more.  Those voices need their tongues  cut out.

The mania always returns if they go off their meds.  He should have been supervised for life at medication time.

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 09:22:23 »
Vince Lee wasn't convicted of a crime, so, that doesn't really make your argument.

Let's not confuse legalities with realities.  The guy cut a person's head of on a bus and consumed part of him.  He shouldn't be wandering around free in society again.  Ever.
I feel the need...the NEED to FEED! - Prop Gun

Offline jmt18325

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 10:59:18 »
Let's not confuse legalities with realities.  The guy cut a person's head of on a bus and consumed part of him.  He shouldn't be wandering around free in society again.  Ever.

If you read my next post, you'll see that I agree with you - I simply don't feel that his case is the right one with which to attack the justice system, since he did not remain in it in any meaningful way. 

Anyway, back to the topic.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 16:51:55 »
Not to be pickie, but where did I mention Vince Li or Lee?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.