Author Topic: Trades OPEN / CLOSED  (Read 605114 times)

Offline Rampo

• Rate Post
Re: Trades OPEN / CLOSED
« Reply #1700 on: August 09, 2018, 18:00:57 »
Hi Buck,

Would you be able to see how many positions are left for signals officers (DEO)? And, I am curious to know if they are still filling spots for the September BMOQ.

Thank you in advance!

Offline Dailyrcaf123

• Rate Post
« Reply #1701 on: August 16, 2018, 09:47:20 »
Hey Buck,

Did you get the chance to look at how many spots left for Pilot? Thanks !
Recruiting Center: Moncton, NB     
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Application date: August, 2016
First contact: October, 2016
CFAT: October, 2016
ACS : September 2017
Interview and Medical : October 2017
ACS Medical : February, 2018
Competition list: March, 2018
Position offered: TBD
Enrolment: TBD
BMOQ: TBD

Offline Dailyrcaf123

• Rate Post
« Reply #1702 on: August 29, 2018, 14:19:11 »
Hey Buck, any updates on those pilot DEO numbers?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1703 on: September 06, 2018, 11:27:22 »
Sorry all for my absence.
Between leave and finishing up my University Degree I haven't been doing any Virtual Recruiting responses 
Other than when I'm gone to recruiting events I should be back to posting regularly.

Hello,

Any numbers on Infantry Soldier positions available?

Thank you!

As of today's date there are approx 40% positions unfilled for INFMN (Unskilled).

Hi Buck,

Do you know how many positions are still open for NWO DEO for this year?

Thank you!

As of today's date there are approx 50% positions unfilled for NWO (DEO).

Hello Buck,

Are you able to give an update on the DEO pilot and AEC trades?  Are they hiring any more people this year?

Thanks

As of today's date there are approx 60% positions unfilled for PLT (DEO)
As of today's date there are approx 30% positions unfilled for AEC (DEO)

Hi Buck,

Would you be able to see how many positions are left for signals officers (DEO)? And, I am curious to know if they are still filling spots for the September BMOQ.

Thank you in advance!

As of today's date there are approx 65% positions unfilled for SIGS (DEO)
September BMOQ is no longer being filled; they're now filling BMOQ into the New Year (2019).

Hey Buck, any updates on those pilot DEO numbers?

Hi Dailyrcaf123; as per my opening I was on leave and finishing my university studies - posting the same query more than once won't get me to answer any quicker (please don't take my response as combative); if I'm not responding to posts it's because something is happening in my life to keep me off the boards... :-)

Offline Xylric

• Rate Post
« Reply #1704 on: September 06, 2018, 19:25:09 »
Since I'm going for NWO and PLT, what happens to my file if the remaining slots close before I complete the medical and interview stages, out of curiosity?

Offline abb007

• Rate Post
« Reply #1705 on: September 06, 2018, 22:04:40 »
Hi Buck,

Do you know how many positions are still open for Marine Systems Engineering Officer and Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer DEO for this year?

Thank you!

Online octovanyo

• Rate Post
« Reply #1706 on: September 07, 2018, 07:37:10 »
Hello,

Any info on how many Supply Tech positions remain? I Appreciate the info.

Online kratz

Fall: Sweater Weather.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1707 on: September 07, 2018, 11:05:43 »
Since I'm going for NWO and PLT, what happens to my file if the remaining slots close before I complete the medical and interview stages, out of curiosity?

Your application will be processed (medical, background, CFAT ect…) until you are placed om the competition list.
The number of positions is not important until you're on the competition list.

Once on the competition list:

- option 1: Your application will remain until:
      - result a) You are selected and offered a position, or

- option 2:12 months have passed and you:
     - result b): do update your file ect...see option 1, or
     - result c): don't update your medical, ect...see option 3

- option 3: You inform your CFRC you are no longer interested in the CAF...see result d
     - result d): The CFRC will then close your file.

Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Dailyrcaf123

• Rate Post
« Reply #1708 on: September 07, 2018, 22:46:15 »
Thanks a lot for the info Buck ! I appreciate it.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1709 on: September 10, 2018, 09:57:39 »

Coles Notes: Your file would be placed on an administrative hold until the CAF starts recruiting for the 2019/2020 Recruiting Cycle; and it is likely your Recruiting Centre would speak with you about other occupations that may be of interest to you that are still open.

Long Answer: see kratz post :-)

Hi Buck,

Do you know how many positions are still open for Marine Systems Engineering Officer and Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer DEO for this year?

Thank you!

As of today's date there are approx 75% positions remaining for MS ENG (DEO) for FY 18/19.
As of today's date there are approx 80% positions remaining for NCS ENG (DEO) for FY 18/19.

Hello,

Any info on how many Supply Tech positions remain? I Appreciate the info.

As of today's date there are approx 50% positions remaining for SUP TECH (Unskilled) for FY 18/19.

Offline Jackal2018

• Rate Post
« Reply #1710 on: September 10, 2018, 15:54:12 »
Hi Buck,

I applied for Intelligence Officer in the NAVRES and received a call last week saying that I am ready for enrollment, but that IntO is full and no longer available. When would the Navy Reserves usually reopen trades, specifically this one?
I was told that I can interview for another officer trade in the NAVRES and enroll, and then change trades easily to IntO when it becomes available, as long as I have BMOQ (I believe that was the condition).
Can you comment on this along with when it may become available?

Thank you,

Offline abb007

• Rate Post
« Reply #1711 on: September 10, 2018, 20:31:50 »
Thanks a lot for the info Buck !

Offline ABBound

• Rate Post
« Reply #1712 on: September 10, 2018, 22:36:44 »
Hey Buck,

Wondering on the open spaces left for the following:

Avionics Tech
Aviation Tech
ATIS
Recruiting Center: Edmonton
Regular/Reserves: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Aviation Technician
Trade Choice 2: Avionics Technician
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace Telecommunications
Application date: August 15, 2018
Further Processing: August 16, 2018
First contact: August 23, 2018
CFAT: November 1, 2018

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #1713 on: September 12, 2018, 11:46:37 »
Hi Buck,

I applied for Intelligence Officer in the NAVRES and received a call last week saying that I am ready for enrollment, but that IntO is full and no longer available. When would the Navy Reserves usually reopen trades, specifically this one?
I was told that I can interview for another officer trade in the NAVRES and enroll, and then change trades easily to IntO when it becomes available, as long as I have BMOQ (I believe that was the condition).
Can you comment on this along with when it may become available?

Thank you,

Intake for occupations runs on a government fiscal year (1 April to 31 March); if they stated they're full for this year it would mean that they're full until 31-March-2019; however normally in December/January recruiting starts for the next fiscal year.
In regards to changing trades being "easy", I wouldn't say it's easy.  To change trades in the Naval Reserves: (1) You have to be in an occupation that isn't locked in (i.e. trades that are under strength won't approve a transfer out of that occupation; (2) You have to be requesting to transfer to an occupation with positions; and (3) you must be trade qualified.  I have seen exceptions to these rules (I'm one of them; but my transfer took almost 2 years because of it) - but it's definitely not "easy".

For when it becomes available, please note that my expertise in recruiting is in the Regular Forces; the Primary Reserve is in charge of their own recruiting; so you should ask the unit you're wanting to join when they think it'll reopen.  As a recruiter I always advice people to join an occupation they want to do for the rest of their career, and not take the "this will do for now" occupation; as Occupational Transfers are not guaranteed.

Hey Buck,

Wondering on the open spaces left for the following:

Avionics Tech
Aviation Tech
ATIS

As of today's date there are approx 60% positions remaining for AVS TECH (Unskilled) for FY 18/19.
As of today's date there are approx 25% positions remaining for AVN TECH (Unskilled) for FY 18/19.
As of today's date there are approx 60% positions remaining for ATIS TECH (Unskilled) for FY 18/19.

Offline Jackal2018

• Rate Post
« Reply #1714 on: September 12, 2018, 15:25:49 »
Intake for occupations runs on a government fiscal year (1 April to 31 March); if they stated they're full for this year it would mean that they're full until 31-March-2019; however normally in December/January recruiting starts for the next fiscal year.
In regards to changing trades being "easy", I wouldn't say it's easy.  To change trades in the Naval Reserves: (1) You have to be in an occupation that isn't locked in (i.e. trades that are under strength won't approve a transfer out of that occupation; (2) You have to be requesting to transfer to an occupation with positions; and (3) you must be trade qualified.  I have seen exceptions to these rules (I'm one of them; but my transfer took almost 2 years because of it) - but it's definitely not "easy".

For when it becomes available, please note that my expertise in recruiting is in the Regular Forces; the Primary Reserve is in charge of their own recruiting; so you should ask the unit you're wanting to join when they think it'll reopen.  As a recruiter I always advice people to join an occupation they want to do for the rest of their career, and not take the "this will do for now" occupation; as Occupational Transfers are not guaranteed.

Thank you for the great answer as always Buck.

At this point it's looking more likely that I will wait for my first pick (IntO) to become available. Even if I think I will like NWO, I feel much more strongly about IntO.
The issue becomes that length of time I will need to wait to enroll again and then how long I will need to wait for Weekend BMOQ since it is only started in January. So it's a matter of what is more important to me, being in the Forces or being in my first choice trade.
I will contact my file manager at the recruitment office to get more clarification and try to get more information about the NAVRES recruiting since that is their speciality.

Thanks again Buck.

Online octovanyo

• Rate Post
« Reply #1715 on: September 13, 2018, 05:01:10 »
Hello Buck,

Thanks for the info on the supply tech numbers. I didn't mention it but I am actually a semi-skilled applicant. Are there different numbers or specific positions for this category instead of unskilled, or does it just give you more of a precedent for the same positions?

octo

Offline cmpbllmchll

• Rate Post
« Reply #1716 on: September 13, 2018, 08:27:05 »
Hey Buck,

I was wondering on the open spaces left for the following:

FSA and HRA for this fiscal year

Thanks!
CFRC: Halifax
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade:
FSA
HRA
Application Date: April 24, 2018
First Contact: April 25, 2018
CFAT: June 13, 2018
Medical: June 19, 2018
Interview: June 19, 2018
Background Check: July 30, 2018
Competition List: August 22, 2018
Offer of Employment:
Enrollment Ceremony:
BMQ:

Offline DueFall

• Rate Post
« Reply #1717 on: September 14, 2018, 02:52:41 »
Sorry all for my absence.
Between leave and finishing up my University Degree I haven't been doing any Virtual Recruiting responses 
Other than when I'm gone to recruiting events I should be back to posting regularly.

As of today's date there are approx 40% positions unfilled for INFMN (Unskilled).

As of today's date there are approx 50% positions unfilled for NWO (DEO).

As of today's date there are approx 60% positions unfilled for PLT (DEO)
As of today's date there are approx 30% positions unfilled for AEC (DEO)

As of today's date there are approx 65% positions unfilled for SIGS (DEO)
September BMOQ is no longer being filled; they're now filling BMOQ into the New Year (2019).

Hi Dailyrcaf123; as per my opening I was on leave and finishing my university studies - posting the same query more than once won't get me to answer any quicker (please don't take my response as combative); if I'm not responding to posts it's because something is happening in my life to keep me off the boards... :-)

As always, thank you very much for your assistance! I hope your studies are going well.

Online Vitech

• Rate Post
« Reply #1718 on: September 18, 2018, 05:20:44 »
Hello, I am wondering if there is any availability for unskilled cyber op in reg for this fy.  Also interested in signals and CELE rotp availability. Thank you.

Offline w0ngt0ng

• Rate Post
« Reply #1719 on: September 18, 2018, 17:45:50 »
Hi Buck,

First, thanks for your contribution to this topic ! Any chance to know how many spots are left for AESOP's (00019). I wonder if it makes a difference if I putted in a CT from NAVRES.

Online kratz

Fall: Sweater Weather.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1720 on: September 18, 2018, 17:53:54 »
Hi Buck,

First, thanks for your contribution to this topic ! Any chance to know how many spots are left for AESOP's (00019). I wonder if it makes a difference if I putted in a CT from NAVRES.

w0ngt0ng,

No. The numbers for recruiting AESOPs are separate from CTs.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline w0ngt0ng

• Rate Post
« Reply #1721 on: September 18, 2018, 20:16:21 »
w0ngt0ng,

No. The numbers for recruiting AESOPs are separate from CTs.

Oh, thank you for your input bud !