Author Topic: Now that weed is legal . . .  (Read 784 times)

Offline GermanWolf

• Rate Post
Now that weed is legal . . .
« on: October 23, 2018, 18:33:53 »
So, now that weed is legal, will this affect the recruiting process at all? Not that it would matter for me (haven't touched a joint in 3.5 years and don't plan on ever doing it again. What's done is done), but it would be interesting to see if the CAF will now distinguish between illegal use and legal use of recreational marijuana on the application process.

For example, I could see them add a question like: "How many times have you smoked weed before the 17th of October 2018," and then compare it to how much the applicant consumes now. Does anyone have any actual know about this? I think it would be interesting to see if this will change anything at all for new applicants.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 21:42:06 by BeyondTheNow »
Recruiting Center: Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Military Police (MP)
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: May 13th, 2017
First Contact: May 18th, 2017
CFAT: Passed, May 24th, 2017
Medical: Passed, Sep. 28th, 2017
Interview: Passed, April. 24th, 2018
MPAC: Oct. 27th, 2018
Competition Listed: Nov. 22nd, 2018
Position Offered:
Swear In:
BMQ Begins:

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: Now that weed is legal . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:03:44 »
The information being disseminated at the moment is that prior to 17 October 2018 the use of cannabis was illegal.

Whether you're asked about consumption prior or after that date is up to the MCC; some might ask - some might not.  It's like asking about someone's drinking consumption.  I remember when I joined I was asked how often I smoke and consume alcohol; someone who joined at the same time through another CFRC wasn't asked...