Author Topic: Similarities between Reserve Armour and MP  (Read 15932 times)

Offline PMedMoe

is retired and loving it!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Similarities between Reserve Armour and MP
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 21:21:40 »
Can we split this thread already?

:ditto:
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 15:28:54 »
Never mind. I was an *** upthread and I'll apologize to any and all that I offended.

I'll back out of the conversation and let things get back on track.

RG

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline lambeosaurus

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 23:45:47 »
Wow, I didn't except that thread to go wild.

So I sent my transfer request a few weeks ago. I asked about it, but they didn't have any news.

They said it could take a long while. What bothered me is when I asked if I could parade at the MP unit as an attach-post until the transfer would be effective. They said they wouldn't let me, as they don't do attach-postings anymore bacause it wastes a position that could be filled by recruitement or whatever. I would need to ask for a leave until then.

I've never heard of such thing before. At my current unit, there are a few guys attached-posted from other regiments. Yes they are armour, but still  :-\

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 07:53:47 »
Wow, I didn't except that thread to go wild.

So I sent my transfer request a few weeks ago. I asked about it, but they didn't have any news.

They said it could take a long while. What bothered me is when I asked if I could parade at the MP unit as an attach-post until the transfer would be effective. They said they wouldn't let me, as they don't do attach-postings anymore bacause it wastes a position that could be filled by recruitement or whatever. I would need to ask for a leave until then.

I've never heard of such thing before. At my current unit, there are a few guys attached-posted from other regiments. Yes they are armour, but still  :-\

Sorry to hear this news.  It boils down to one thing, unless things have changed in the last little while; "laziness".  If you are permitted to parade with another unit, you sign a separate pay sheet which is then sent to your parent unit (as you still belong to them) for finalization and entry into the system so you can be paid.  You would not be taking up any position at the MP unit other than the chair you would be sitting in.  Their only responsibility would be to forward your pay sheets to your Armour unit so you can receive pay due you. 

Of course all this requires "Administration".  Both your Armour unit and the MP unit CO's have to agree to let you parade at the MP location.  The MP OR would have to set up a separate pay sheet for you and mail/fax it to your Armour unit to be entered into the Pay System.  Until such time as your documentation for a transfer to the MP Trade was finalized and you became a member of the MP unit, you would not be filling any position on their Nominal Roll.  If they are worried about spots being taken away from their Recruiting, you would not be taking a spot away from their "Recruiting Off the Street", but fall into another category altogether. 

"Laziness" is the only word to describe this situation.  Laziness and lack of knowledge on these matters on the part of the OR, Recruiter, and CO of the MP unit.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline NinerSix

is getting the itch to deploy.

• Has been
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Retired!
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 10:36:25 »
Maybe the recruiter has the wrong info, or just passed on an easy explanation to dismiss lambeosaurus.

Through my CoC my unit has said that we will not take on people on "attach posting". I would not call this lazy or ignorant, not when you consider the outcome if said attached member fails the MPAC. What happens to the poor troop who has to come "home" after being dropped from the MPs because they failed MPAC?

Don't get me wrong, I met some people who would have been a nice fit at the platoon and that I would have loved to have on hand before they did MPAC. We've aloso put a lot of effort and time into some troops, only to have to tell them to go somewhere else. It is heartbreaking.
The process is not the mission.

Offline Poppa

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 11:48:52 »
I know Garb asked this a while back but does the OP want to OT to MP?
If not, I honestly can't see a reason why they cannot be att posted. No intent to transfer...not costing anything just an extra troop to do stuff and come away with a positive outlook on MP (hopefully). This is something that I'd personally have no issue with. In fact we've had non MP att posted to a Pl here in ON for the past few months in a command postion because there wasn't any MPO avail in the area to be a Pl Comd. This is something I'd run up to LF MP Gp or CA MP Gp or whatever they're calling themsleves these days and ask.
My  :2c:
"The Platoon is for all purposes, the unit for whose perfection we strive. Because a perfect platoon means a perfect battalion and brigade or division and the efficiency of any army corps is to be measured by that of it's platoons." Major General Sir John Monash

Offline lambeosaurus

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 20:12:07 »
I don't really want to transfer MP.
I said in my memo that I wished to be attached for the time I need to live in the area where there is only a MP and infantry unit.
I wrote that I would like to transfer only if an attached post wouldn't be possible.

I have not been clear, it is not the MP unit that doesn't want me to get attached, it is my home unit that doesn't want because I would waste a position at their place. I'm very disapointed, I was looking forward to go on fall exercices with the MPs.

Maybe it is just laziness or something fishy is going on.