Author Topic: BMOQ Training [MERGED]  (Read 20922 times)

Offline Mike5

• Rate Post
Re: BMOQ Training [MERGED]
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 09:03:02 »
Slight derailment -- can anyone compare BMOQ-A in Meaford vs Gagetown?  I did Meaford and found it intense... but have no experience with Gagetown to compare against.

Just curious,
Velox Versutus Vigilans

Offline ballz

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 15:23:15 »
Slight derailment -- can anyone compare BMOQ-A in Meaford vs Gagetown?  I did Meaford and found it intense... but have no experience with Gagetown to compare against.

Just curious,

It's all a matter of perspective based on who you are and what you've done before to compare it to.

It's also different over time. I did it 2010... at that time there were 12 serials run through, so many that they were able to make a couple "Infantry-only" serials, "Combat Arms" serials, and "Other" serials. You might think the Infantry only serials were held to a way higher standard, and then Combat Arms, and then the rest.... I'm not sure that was true. The Infantry School is in Gagetown and responsible the CoE for this course, so they are able to monitor it pretty good here. There was quite a different focus though, that's for sure. I can tell you the "other" serials definitely got a lot more C.O.C.K., but the Infantry serials had a lot harder PT and the focus for inspections was on operational readiness of your kit vice inspecting if your t-shirts are folded correctly. I don't believe they do serials by trade anymore, it depends on numbers and it depends on the CO of the day.

Having done far harder courses and exercises, I would say BMOQ-L provided a decent challenge at the time, a good step between BMOQ and Ph III, but I would not say it was "intense." Is that how I felt as an OCdt going through it? Hard to say at this point.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 15:36:03 by ballz »
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Offline EMEGEM

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 09:42:41 »
Hello All,

I'm currently loaded onto BMOQ(A) (formerly known as BMOQ(L) or CAP) this summer from 29 May - 11 Aug in Wainwright. Does anyone have any idea on how this course will compare to the other serials being run in Gagetown or Aldershot? I've heard that Gagetown is pretty hardcore and they like to beast you, whereas Aldershot is very relaxed. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Offline spacey

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 10:16:20 »
I am also loaded on this course.

I haven't heard to many great things about wainwright...hoping for the Aldershot way!  [:)

Offline EMEGEM

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 11:58:17 »

I haven't heard to many great things about wainwright...hoping for the Aldershot way!  [:)

I have a buddy of mine who knows someone who did CAP in Wainwright... supposedly the course was a breeze. Obviously it mainly depends on the staff, and whether or not they are PPCLI or brought in from somewhere.

At the end of the day, what really matters is the quality of training

Offline Ayrsayle

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 13:14:48 »

In reality, you are likely going to be so busy on course that it really won't matter where you are specifically.  My first year or two in Wainwright for Exercises and Courses had me intimately familiar with the Training Area, while knowing next to nothing about the town (or even the Base to a great extent).
Leadership is understanding people and involving them to help you do a job. That takes all of the good characteristics, like integrity, dedication of purpose, selflessness, knowledge, skill, implacability, as well as determination not to accept failure. ~Admiral Arleigh A. Burke

"It takes 10 minutes to dress like an Infantryman, but it takes a few years to become a good one" - Jungle (Army.ca)

Offline TwoTonShackle

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 15:05:12 »
Does anyone have access to the QS/TP for BMOQ-L (BMOQ-A) in pdf format (or any soft format)? I'm looking for the suggested task list for the EO's/EC's. I have requested this info from my local ULO office (twice now) without success and the searches on the DIN (when I had access) only resulted in a proposed QS/TP from 2014 which had not been approved (at the time of searching). I'd rather reference an approved copy then a proposed one for a PLAR request. Feel free to PM. Thanks for any time or assistance provided.