Author Topic: 04 June 2014: Shootings in Moncton NB, Three RCMP dead  (Read 43114 times)

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
Re: 04 June 2014: Shootings in Moncton NB, Three RCMP dead
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2017, 12:48:26 »
Since the attack occurred there has been a lot of progress in training officers on C8s and acquiring the weapons for issue to on duty officers.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline FJAG

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ex Gladio Justicia
    • WordPress Page
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2017, 15:31:18 »
It's too bad they can't force them to spend the $1M on fixing the problem, rather then a fine (which really is just an electronic shuffle of non-existent funds anyway). 

Really don't understand what all the delays are about; if we can make however many recruits a year competent enough to hit a target, do all the weapon drills and field strip it in the dark while hammering away at them in basic (even uncoordinated ones like me), this should be a pretty easy task for police that are already familiar with firearms.

Since one of the problems that the RCMP raised in defending its indefensible position was a lack of funds to buy carbines and body armour, a fine would at best be counterproductive.

I also question whether one can "make" them to fix the problem. When one reads the decision it's abundantly clear that the problem here was (and remains) a senior leadership that didn't give enough of a **** to assign the resources necessary to the problem once it was made clear to them that it existed (much less significantly earlier when they should have appreciated that the problem existed) in order to deliver a relevant and timely solution. These bozos didn't (and still don't) pay enough attention to the issues that their front line cops have to deal with. They are not proactive but dismally reactive. Instead they seem to spend their time on bureaucratic games within Ottawa and abrogate their role as leaders in favour of avoiding developing a vision for the future and making hard decisions by lengthy cover-your-*** consensus building processes.

I'm not a supporter of bringing in outside civilian leadership--because I'm sure that would make the situation worse--but the RCMP senior leadership needs a major shakeup. :2c:

:cheers:
Illegitimi non carborundum
Semper debeatis percutis ictu primo
Access my "Allies" book series at:
https://wolfriedel.wordpress.com

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2017, 15:46:24 »
Since one of the problems that the RCMP raised in defending its indefensible position was a lack of funds to buy carbines and body armour, a fine would at best be counterproductive.

I also question whether one can "make" them to fix the problem. When one reads the decision it's abundantly clear that the problem here was (and remains) a senior leadership that didn't give enough of a **** to assign the resources necessary to the problem once it was made clear to them that it existed (much less significantly earlier when they should have appreciated that the problem existed) in order to deliver a relevant and timely solution. These bozos didn't (and still don't) pay enough attention to the issues that their front line cops have to deal with. They are not proactive but dismally reactive. Instead they seem to spend their time on bureaucratic games within Ottawa and abrogate their role as leaders in favour of avoiding developing a vision for the future and making hard decisions by lengthy cover-your-*** consensus building processes.

I'm not a supporter of bringing in outside civilian leadership--because I'm sure that would make the situation worse--but the RCMP senior leadership needs a major shakeup. :2c:

:cheers:

I think there's a reason one of the senior Mounties who was actually pushing hardest to see necessary things happen is no longer a Mountie, and is instead now chief of Edmonton Police...

Commissioner Paulson's statements on the stand during the trial were absolutely appalling. He sold members down the river.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.