Author Topic: MSE Op Training [MERGED]  (Read 12107 times)

Offline Willy00005

• Rate Post
MSE Op Training [MERGED]
« on: June 08, 2014, 22:10:44 »
hey guys, I'm transferring from res to reg force shortly and i'm just wondering if there was any ql3's lined up for mse? Also would there be any way to get a an idea on what is covered in that course? if you can reply on this topic please do if not email me din links to taylor.wilson12009@hotmail.com and thanks for your help, looking forward to startng the trade
it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission

Offline stevejoseph83

• Rate Post
Re: MSE Op Training [MERGED]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 15:28:58 »
Yes, another question about training time ....

I'm currently in the middle of the application process for the Reserves. I've been able to find out the training time for all but one of the trades I've applied for. Is anyone able to tell me how long the DP training is for the Mobile Support Equipment Operator position, and if that training is divided up into modules that can be taken separately?

I know that the training time is listed on the Forces website (70 days), but I'm afraid that I've learned to question much of what the site says (or rather doesn't say). There seems to be a major disconnect between Regular and Reserve training. Although we're all told that the Reserves get "all the same training as their Regular Force counterparts," that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help is much appreciated. And apologies in advance if this question has already been answered 1001 times before....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 19:34:07 by stevejoseph83 »

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 15:50:28 »
And apologies in advance if this question has already been answered 1001 times before....

Have you looked?

Judging by registration-to-question time, I'd guess not.

You might try poking around the Site a bit, and taking the nifty-neat Search Function out for a spin.

You'll find a bunch of other useful information that way, too.

If you cannot find the information that you seek (and I am not sure if this has been asked and answered before or not), somebody will be happy to help.

Offline Leeworthy

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:37:12 »
Good morning all,

Anyone happen to know when the next MSE Op Selection board is taking place? Also does anyone have a schedule of the course intake dates?

Thank in advance

Offline TN935

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 15:29:00 »
Res QL3 is 41 days.
brief classroom history stuff, TDG,  followed by driver wheel, followed by airbrakes/MSVS course, then a week of MHC, then back to the classroom for radios, maps, last but not lest field stuff, DP's, Hides. For the res side no real field go out come back go out come back.
Just finished teaching one this summer.

Offline Leeworthy

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 19:08:29 »
Good afternoon.

I just had some questions ref the MSE OP Courses. I am re-enrolling back to the CF. Did 10 years as an RMS Clerk. Got out 4 years ago now. Went back to school when I released and did my AZ and Heavy equipment course. Drove long haul and was a heavy equipment operator, and then left OTR for a local job as a boom and moffit operator. Did my crane licence on the civi side as well.

I am wondering what is all taught on the QL3? My RC was supposed to apply for a PLAR based on my civi quals but "forgot" to send the info, so I just left it at that for now and will deal with it later I guess. I am coming in bypassing recruit school and as a Cpl 4 again.  They said selections are on Aug 10th, and that there was a course upcoming soon, but couldn't provide me a date at that time as they didn't have the info in front of them. But that once I was provided an offer things were going to be quick, IE Kitting, and all that other stuff that has to happen before the course will start.

Would you happen to know when that date is for the English QL3? As well, do members generally get their posting choices? I know how the system works, but it use to be Edmonton or Pet right off the batt. Are they still hurting for people up there?

Thanks very much in advance

Dave.

Offline Kamikaze1655

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 14:06:12 »
Is this course cocked up like BMQ or is it relaxed?

Offline Leeworthy

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 06:49:26 »
Good morning. Was sworn in yesterday for my new trade. Heading to Borden Feb 8th. The CFRC did not provide me a copy of the course joining instructions. Would anyone here be able to provide me a copy of the MSE OP QL3 joining instructions. I basically want to know what I am going to require kit wise. Am coming in RSBP so no kit or anything and its been 15 years since I was on a course there and honestly can't remember what I am going to need to bring with me asides from military kit. IE, hangers, boot brushes that kind of stuff.

Thanks in advance. I would grab myself but am unable to access the DIN without a DWAN system.

Dave.

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 07:11:48 »
Here is what I managed to find for you:

Aim - The aim of the course is to train you to perform the duties and tasks of an MSE OP in a base and field environment.

Scope - This course currently consists of 73 training days. MSE Ops at the QL3 level are required to operate manual shift, standard commercial (SC) passenger and cargo carrying vehicles and Standard Military Pattern vehicles (SMP) in static and field environments. The MSE OP is also required to maintain an air brake system; effective recovery of MSE; operate radios; operate vehicles in support of airfield operations; transport dangerous goods (DG) and complete MSE administration and documentation.

Administration

Emergency Contact: In case of emergency if you need to contact a student or a staff member please follow instructions in the generic school joining instructions. During silent hour you can reach the Base Duty Officer at (705) 424-1200, extension 2445.

You are responsible to provide your own transport to meals and training garrison. Car-pooling is encouraged. Car-pooling is encouraged after training hours and on weekends. .

First day – report to building P-151, Rm 112 for 0730hrs.

Dress: The dress of the day will be CADPAT. However, the first day of the course, the dress will be No 3.

While participating on the QL3 course for safety reasons, consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden eight hours prior to duty.

Candidates must arrive medically fit for the field ops and remain so throughout the course.

Physical fitness training is mandatory and will be conducted a minimum of 3 times a week.

Kit List: There is a field portion to this course. All candidates shall have (at a minimum) the equipment included in the following links:
Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 07:14:12 »
67 is the Army kit list and 68 is the Air. At the bottom of both it refers to the QL5s (not too sure why)

Offline Leeworthy

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 17:05:06 »
Awesome info. Thanks binrat. Got in touch with my new TP WO and he said they will email me when I am in Borden to provide me my actual joining instructions. Guess I'm going to PAT Platoon until my course starts.

Offline BinRat55

???

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Lead by example.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 17:35:51 »
Yuk.

Good luck!

Offline Mjs55

• Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 12:00:24 »
What do the first few weeks of MSE OP QL3 training look like? Is it mostly power point until you start driving and doing field exercises? Is there PT in he first couple weeks? Or is it PT on your own time?
Thank you. :cdn:

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:45:29 by mariomike »

Offline Inf613

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 07:39:54 »
Hey guys.
My OT/ct has finally gone through for MSE Op. I start 29 mar but i was told I have missed the next course. Can anyone tell me the next running courses that are open? My broker told me he will try and get me on OJT at my unit until course, since i have a wife and kids.
TIA!

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 12:29:43 »
Latest 18-19 course calendar for CFLTC shows a QL3 MSE Op - English starting in late May.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Inf613

• Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 14:46:23 »
Latest 18-19 course calendar for CFLTC shows a QL3 MSE Op - English starting in late May.
Perfect.thank you