Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 25318 times)

Offline MissMercury

• Rate Post
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 15:40:53 »
Hey All,
So looks like a wrench has been thrown into my plans. Family/kids aren't holding me back, but after fighting a TCAT, I have now been put on a PCAT with a G3 restriction incl. enhanced pre-deplyment screening >:( I suspect that this may be an issue for JSR, which needs their pers to be deployable on short notice, and likely will mean that operational units aren't going to want me either. I suspect, whether I want to or not, I will be posted to a garrison/"baseside" unit. I was hoping to apply to Cansofcom, but now that I don't meet ACISS req of G2, that is out the window too. The restriction is making it so that I need a minimum 6 months notice before even being eligible for deployment  :( I suspect Ottawa may have a spot for me somewhere. Better than release anyway. I talk with the CM at the end of the month so I'll know more then. Thanks everyone for your input.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
- Abraham Lincoln

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 17:31:05 »
There are a few in Ottawa that are G3, which is outside our Med standard.  Talk with your CM.  I'm sure he can find you a spot where you can be employed.
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." Jim Carrey
"Do unto others, then run." Benny Hill
"There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Kevin James

Online PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 17:58:17 »
There's very few units that require short-notice deployments all the time. So what if you need an extra 6 months? That just means you won't be on a TAT or Roto 0.

Offline Pre-flight

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 20:45:34 »
There's very few units that require short-notice deployments all the time. So what if you need an extra 6 months? That just means you won't be on a TAT or Roto 0.

Won't be in JSR at all most likely, you need to DAG green before they'll issue a posting message.

That said, there are more places than just JSR in Kingston (if K-town is high on your list) there's significant positions at base, CFSCE shop, CFJOSG, RMC, CDA.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 00:40:01 »
March to the sound of the guns

That is all.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wavre
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline upandatom

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 11:32:09 »
Won't be in JSR at all most likely, you need to DAG green before they'll issue a posting message.

That said, there are more places than just JSR in Kingston (if K-town is high on your list) there's significant positions at base, CFSCE shop, CFJOSG, RMC, CDA.

The CDA is a good go, especially if you are coming off or getting off of a TCAT. It will put you into a position to move into JSR cost free.
I am McLovin

Offline hotei

• Dirty Civvie
  • Rate Post
  • DirtyCivvie
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 18:14:30 »

2 ASG Det Kingston as well.

As to the needing to DAG green to have a posting message cut, I have very recently seen that is not always the case. Mbr had dagger red for nearly 2 years and was posted from CFSCE to JSR.

Offline 227_LCIS

• Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 10:17:49 »
Knowing that this thread is asking about IST positions in Ontario here's what I can offer as a CST working in an IST position at CFS Leitrim. There are very few billets for actual IST MCpl's at CFS Leitrim but that doesn't mean anything for us currently. Upon clearing into the station your background is taken into account and you are placed in a shop where you will be best suited to work or until you get the necessary security clearance. The CoC doesn't "care" if you are IST/CST they perform what they call "man-management".