Author Topic: CF MP Academy Updates  (Read 6886 times)

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
CF MP Academy Updates
« on: June 25, 2015, 20:11:47 »
Does anyone in the MP Branch have any information as to the status of the new CFMPA? It was stated that construction was to be completed and the MP Gp to take possession in 2015, but we all know that many government projects end up delayed.

Thanks
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: CF MP Academy Updates
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 21:18:17 »
There should be information in the CID on the DWAN.  I'm on leave right now, otherwise I'd look up and post a link to the project.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 21:54:56 »
I don't have access to it at the moment either, so I was hoping someone has any knowledge of the Academy's progress
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline Schindler's Lift

• Rate Post
  • http://goo.gl/1E5Ez0
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 22:02:15 »
The construction is on schedule and the first course is to start there later this summer.  Just last week I read a Facebook post about how the monument is being moved to the new Academy along with a large amount of the dirt that was around it since it was the site of the scattering of ashes for a number of deceased MP and Int vets.  I don't have the date with me now but the official opening is scheduled for sometime in September.  A number of us from the HQ are planning to attend.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 22:22:24 »
The construction is on schedule and the first course is to start there later this summer.  Just last week I read a Facebook post about how the monument is being moved to the new Academy along with a large amount of the dirt that was around it since it was the site of the scattering of ashes for a number of deceased MP and Int vets.  I don't have the date with me now but the official opening is scheduled for sometime in September.  A number of us from the HQ are planning to attend.

Awesome, that's good news. I was hoping it would have been earlier, but beggers can be choosers.

Offline trooper142

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 15:53:12 »
Little birdies are starting to suggest that the academy might be delayed, which in turn would delay the course scheduled to start October 28th. I was wondering if anyone would be able to lend some credence to this rumour, or even better, put it to rest!

Thanks everyone!

Offline Schindler's Lift

• Rate Post
  • http://goo.gl/1E5Ez0
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 17:06:52 »
Little birdies are starting to suggest that the academy might be delayed, which in turn would delay the course scheduled to start October 28th. I was wondering if anyone would be able to lend some credence to this rumour, or even better, put it to rest!

Thanks everyone!

I hope not.  I'm supposed to go down to teach on it for a week.  I'll check tomorrow unless we get an answer here in the mean time.

Offline putz

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 00:49:36 »
I hope not.  I'm supposed to go down to teach on it for a week.  I'll check tomorrow unless we get an answer here in the mean time.

Can you take some pictures of it when your there?  I've heard its pretty impressive

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 22:23:12 »

Thanks everyone!
If you haven't heard yet, the course is delayed until January.  2 x courses will run concurrently to catch up.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 00:52:10 »
A couple pictures I managed to snap while on the tour. It's pretty impressive, looking forward to working and training out of it in the future.

Not surprising that the official opening and courses are delayed, they only had just moved furniture in and began wiring  for computers, projectors etc. Still a bit of work to be done and only makes sense to delay it, than to instruct around contractors working.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:00:28 by LunchMeat »

Offline trooper142

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 06:08:48 »
If you haven't heard yet, the course is delayed until January.  2 x courses will run concurrently to catch up.

Hey! Thanks so much for the update, really appreciate it!

I got an email Friday with the two course dates in Janaury, now I await the official course message!

Looking forward to getting started!