Author Topic: Blog about pilot training in CF  (Read 5516 times)

Offline powerrussia

• Rate Post
Blog about pilot training in CF
« on: August 07, 2015, 14:44:05 »
Hey guys,

i am currently in the training system and was inspired to create a new version of the famous "From Bootcamp to Flying" blog... I am still updating it with my experiences, but the application/ Aircrew selection part is done.. the rest should be done over the weekend.

http://checkfuelaviation.blogspot.ca/

Offline 277to081

• Rate Post
Re: Blog about pilot training in CF
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 23:26:42 »
Nice. I can vouch for the aircrew selection write up, pretty much exactly how I felt going through it. They mentioned at the first brief that they will take us one by one at the end to let us know if we passed or failed and that they have an excellent PSO to discuss your other career options with you if you don't pass. The PSO was the one who called me in, it was the worst feeling, but then he told me I passed!

Offline Griffon

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 21:53:48 »
I was debating writing up a little piece about PFT as it is these days, I just finished the course up today. However, I'll patiently await powerrussia's take on his experience instead.
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Offline Mab163

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 16:28:03 »
I was debating writing up a little piece about PFT as it is these days, I just finished the course up today. However, I'll patiently await powerrussia's take on his experience instead.

I'd like to hear your comments about PFT these days. I'm going there next month, any advise feel free to share  ;D

Cheers.

Offline SupersonicMax

is back home.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 19:03:09 »
Know your "Red Pages", know the procedures, chair fly the events, practice your comms.  The rest is stick&rudder skills.

Offline AliTheAce

• Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 17:19:09 »
Hey, I'd love to read the blog but the site mentions "It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think that this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation."

Is there a way I can still read the blog?

I know it's been over a year but it should be interesting.