Author Topic: All About Co-op (merged)  (Read 194967 times)

ARMY 523

Re: All About Co-op (merged)
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2004, 06:13:25 »
Hey i been there too. I was really nervous but when u get into it it is the best thing you have did. It is  a little hard but its how you make it. If you stay right on top of things you will do great. GEt good marks on the tests you will be great. Remember Be all you can be :cdn:

I found it great and challenging in some areas. I did really good for  agirl!!!! :threat:

Offline beyondsblue

• Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2005, 00:03:58 »
Do you have to be a Canadian Citizen to apply for the co-op program?

Offline Eowyn

• Rate Post
  • Log
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2005, 01:14:51 »
Do you have to be a Canadian Citizen to apply for the co-op program?
You have to be a Canadian citizen to join any part of the Armed Forces, including the Reserves.
Life Blood of Battle

Offline Tommy

• If you dont fill out your Claim properly, the Terrorists Win...
  • Rate Post
  • This Space for Rent - Enquire Within
    • iRock
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2005, 07:20:39 »
Oh God... I never thought the day would come when I would be dating myself here.... but off i go.....

Back in 99.....

I did the QL2 Co-op in hamilton run by the RHLI at the time there were two type. Full day and half day. Full day was very similar to being on a full time Summer QL2 (similar, not the same) we had morning inspection at 0800-0820, then we would have school classes in on of the classrooms up above the parade square untill noon. from noon to 1300 we had lunch, and then from 1300-1600 we had military training. 1500-1600 was PT usually running. LOTS of running.. the advantages of co-op was that i could go home at night and see my family and eat real food. plus it was nice to not have bedside inspection every morning... but the staff made sure to make up for that with our personal inspections etc... another one was that mon-fri we were doing PT. and we did alot more drill and general service knowlage then a weekend course. we also had a 5 day range ex, and a 10 day FTX in tropical meaford. (where it only rained most of the time)

if you have a half day course you will most likely be doing your FTX's on the weekend with the weekend BMQ's...

If anyone has more recent knowledge of how the co-op BMQ's work nowadays im sure Gorf would appreciate it.

anywho, your best bet is for the first little while to keep youre mind open and your mouth shut!  :) maintain a positive attitude, always be willing to help buddy, and as much as you hate to do it. Always volunteer for a task. remember, the job is going to get done, either you volunteer, or youre voluntold!  Also be wary of questions like "who likes Ice Cream?"etc..... trust me.. you'll find out why! lol!

Good Luck. Hopefully you will find it Challenging and Rewarding. Just remember to stick to it and give 100%!

Cheers
  Josh
Tommy is retired now so he can say any opinion he darned well pleases so long as it stays within the forum guidelines :D

Offline Spr.Earl

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Grizzled Old Veteran
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2005, 07:32:50 »
You want to hear dating?
Any one out there remember S.S.T.P.?
THE PRECEDING POST AND OTHERS MADE BY MYSELF ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS, NOT FOR REPRODUCTION, NOT FOR CUT AND PASTE OF ANY PORTION THEREOF, NO QUOTES ARE PERMITTED ELSEWHERE,ANYWHERE OTHER THAN EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS WEB FORUM.

UBIQUE
Be Safe

Offline beyondsblue

• Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2005, 14:03:01 »
 :crybaby:

Offline beyondsblue

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2005, 14:04:00 »
But it is just co-op...

Offline Cpl Bloggins

• Reservist
  • Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2005, 14:07:19 »
an obvious question would be, How much is pay during the argylls COOP?   also I will be seeing you on wednesday to get those papers!!!

I'm guessing pay is the same as anywhere. If you work for 6 hrs or more, you get full day, 71-ish bucks. Half day (less the 6 hrs) is around 35.
But it is just co-op...

Co-op or no co-op, you still become a serving member of the Canadian Forces, which requires citizenship. I guess you'll get an early intro to the whole "hurry up and wait" deal...

Good luck.
VVV

Offline Thanato

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2005, 12:51:43 »
I read that Non Coms can be Landed Imagrents, is this True?

Also, when i talked to the Recruter for the Hasting and Prince Edward Regiment, i was told i would do it through the summer (if i pass all the tests), July and August, what training would this cover?

~Thanato

Offline bobthebui|der

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I got a axe
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2005, 12:56:58 »
Thonato, most likely you'll cover your BMQ and possibly SQ during the summer.
The true measure of a man is how well he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good

Munit Haec et Altera Vincit

"2..4..6..8..tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate, yaaaaaay, recce!" - Kat Stevens

dasg

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2005, 17:50:14 »
 :cdn: :army:
                                   Hi, im a grade ten student currently attending Paul dwyer catholic high school and i just wanted to know a few things about the co op program. Where is the nearest placement to oshawa? How much do you get payed? Is it fun? What do you do? and please suply me with much more information to thankyou P.S. DO YOU GET A UNIFORM????????

A. LEECH

Offline brin11

• Rate Post
  • Gun Plumber
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2005, 18:07:35 »
Try checking out the recruiting FAQs here:

http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,21101.0.html

They have lots of information regarding serving in the army reserves and BMQ.

If you can't find what you're looking for there please ask away..
The enemy's gate is down.

Offline bobthebui|der

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I got a axe
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2005, 18:44:00 »
dasg, if you do coop, you've joined the Army. Simple and sweet... its not the "high school Army" or Cadets, its the Army. Speak to your co-op coordinator at you're school, they'll get you started.
The true measure of a man is how well he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good

Munit Haec et Altera Vincit

"2..4..6..8..tiptoe, sneak, and infiltrate, yaaaaaay, recce!" - Kat Stevens

Offline StormTrooper

• Rate Post
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2005, 20:01:11 »
I wanted to do co-op 2 years ago, when I was in grade 10. But when I went to my counselor, she told me that the army co-op requires a lot of money, and unfortunately the army didn't have any - So I wasn't able to go to co-op because it was no longer on the list. Btw, I live in the GTA, and go to Georges Vanier S.S. So just make sure you talk to your counselor before making and further plans. Good luck.

Offline MikeM

• Rate Post
    • Lightfighter Tactical
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2005, 20:10:56 »
Go to the RS. McLaughlin Armoury at 53 Simcoe St. in downtown Oshawa (theres a tank outfront). The regiment there is the Ontario Regiment, the recruiting office is open until 1600hrs Mon-Fri.

They will be able to provide you with as much information as you want.

If you'd like more information, you can PM me.

dasg

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2005, 13:32:54 »
 :threat: :salute: :cdn: :                     

so if i join the military co op it is basically me joining the army and i get all the same stuff as i would in the army????? so i like i get payed? like who has done it is it worth joining? Do you yhave to do the 10 weeks of basic training????? ????

PM ME :warstory: :army: :threat: :dontpanic:

Offline jerrythunder

• Jerry Thunder
  • Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2005, 19:33:30 »
Hi im still in highschool and i just heared that the Reserve in Ontario is testing a program where students can join the reserve, get paid and all that stuff, and use it as co-op or something like that. does anyone know what is going on?
They can run but they will only die tired

Offline StormTrooper

• Rate Post
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2005, 12:03:45 »
There are a lot of theads about the co-op program on this site. Try searching
This might help:
http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,18014.0.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 12:25:41 by StormTrooper »

Offline kincanucks

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • ARRSE
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2005, 12:18:24 »
There are a lot of theads about the co-op program on this site. Try searching
This might help:
http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,13044.0.html

How is the pay table going to help him? :P ;D
- Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
- If we are the only intelligent life in the universe, at least there's a finite number of idiots.
- Just when you realize life's a *****, it has puppies.

Offline old medic

• Medical Forum Moderator
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2005, 12:24:58 »
Try this one:

http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,21770.0.html

or run a search on " co-op ".

re-answering vision questions since 2004.

Offline StormTrooper

• Rate Post
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2005, 12:26:22 »
How is the pay table going to help him? :P ;D
lol my mistake.. Problem solved

Offline Chimo2803

• Rate Post
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2005, 02:22:19 »
I live in Fort McMurray, AB and I'm almost 500km away from CFB Edmonton. There isnt any program that would allow me to still be a reservist, and still live in my town is there? It wouldn't be for long, only until I move to Nanaimo, BC, and join the Scottish Regiment reserves. I am in high-school now, but I would imagine any existing program, wouldn't allow for that.

gorf

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2005, 14:06:50 »
My course starts on Feb 22 but I have been going every thursday to the parades to get a head start along with some of the other co-op students. So far We have been learning a lot just by talking with people there. The people there have been really helpful...learned some tips on how to clean the C7, section attacks, etc.

I'm kind of nervous about the course but I guess I will just do as Cpl Thompson says, which I have been doing......it's worked so far!!!  ;D

Offline Shec

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2005, 14:28:17 »
You want to hear dating?
Any one out there remember S.S.T.P.?

Man if you remember that you must have been punching meal tickets at the Last Supper,   where I probably stood in line with you.   Wasn't it also called S.S.E.P.?     And say, did we ever defeat those persistent Fantasians or are they still posing a threat to our freedom? :salute:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 14:32:06 by Shec »
From the cold water of Fish Creek, into the sunken road at Rumilly, onto the beach at Normandy, and across the wastes of the Sinai desert, the silver gate has gone and is still ready to serve.

Offline Rubes

• Rate Post
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2005, 16:39:49 »
I live in Ajax, Ontario.  Are there any places around where I live (Pickering, Oshawa, Whitby) where I can do  Army Reserve Coop?  Does the Oshawa Armoury do this kind of thing?  I have to apply soon if I'm going to do it.  Thanks.