Author Topic: MP Ride Along  (Read 10105 times)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: MP Ride Along
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 08:06:07 »
Hopefully we can all move on from this and let this thread get back on tracks.

The OP asks,

to get a ride along with Military Police personal in order to get the feel and more understanding of what the job is like

if you experienced a ride along before you even applied to the Forces.

I believe that the ride along would be some sort of educational,

The OP may, or may not,  find this of interest,

I am an MP, and I can give a rough idea without getting too specific.

Here in a detachment located roughly mid-island, we have anywhere between 2 and 4 people on shift at any given time, and it is quite slow.  Not gonna lie.  Our majority is traffic.  That being said, our traffic patrol area is very small, and is located on both sides of a public road, on which we cannot enforce laws. 

We average between 3-5 traffic stops per shift (between all members) for speeding, no insurance, blown stop signs etc.  There have been a very small number of arrests since being here, and after 4ish in the evening, it is a ghost town.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:32:28 by mariomike »

Offline Habs

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2016, 11:30:48 »
He may, but if you want an accurate picture, you'd have to have a first hand opinion such as the one you posted from all the bases/wings across Canada (and operationally) as opposed to one small detachment in Comox, which is a base known for being slower.

It is no different than comparing the Surrey RCMP detachment with one in an isolated, rural setting.

But yes, as this thread has beaten to death and has come up yet again, the MP is not a typical police force, our mandate while similar is also different, and you can expect our policing job to be slower. Which is why going on a ride along may prove to be more beneficial than that of random anonymous internet users' opinions.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:49:46 by Habs »

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 12:30:46 »
you can expect our policing job to be slower.

Sounds like it,

I did a 20x12 hour shift co-op placement witht he MPs from CFB Kingston some years back. In the whole 20 shifts there were about a half dozen calls, and I'm not exaggerating. A single drunk driver, a speeding ticket, a couple building alarms, and a minor construction site accident on base.

Offline Habs

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 13:19:43 »
 ::)

I see you're not interested in getting the thread back on tracks, even after all of us agreed to, and after that very sentence you quoted was addressed. Someone having a hate on for the MPs is nothing new, and you are a good reminder of that.

Enjoy your discussion, or trolling, whichever word you prefer.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 13:22:14 by Habs »

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 13:23:46 »
::)

I see you're not interested in getting the thread back on tracks, even after all of us agreed to, and after that very sentence you quoted was addressed. Someone having a hate on for the MPs is nothing new, and you are a good reminder of that.

Enjoy your discussion, or trolling, whichever word you prefer.

Ride alongs are the topic. 

As for "having a hate on for the MPs is nothing new",

I wouldn't know about that. But, you can rant about it in threads such as these,

MP's Hated By Everybody??? 
http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,29310.50.html
3 pages.

"Nope -- I hate MP's - I have a lot of real cop friends"
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+mp+hate&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=e10XWJvrA6mC8QfYhqDQDw&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+mp+hate&start=10

etc...

"you are a good reminder of that."

Thanks for not making it personal.  ::)

If you don't mind me asking, are you a rookie?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:57:27 by mariomike »