Author Topic: ATIS Tech courses  (Read 1725 times)

Offline hotwings

• Rate Post
ATIS Tech courses
« on: January 22, 2017, 09:26:39 »
Hello everyone!

1. I do have a degree but it is an Arts degree. I am good with computers but I do not have a very strong background in programming, networking, circuits, etc. Does that mean that I will have difficulty in learning the material for POET and occupational training? Do I need a very strong technical background?

2. Can someone direct me to a link where I can find books/information on POET and ATIS-Tech occupational training or anything that is similar to it? My BMQ starts in March but I want to be prepared and study everything possible.

3. I have already seen the occupational video on the main forces website but can someone who has experience working as an ATIS Tech describe to me how a typical day looks like? Am I mostly on the computer and around wires, installing and repairing equipment (like I saw on the video) or is there more to it?

Thank you in advance!

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:00:41 by mariomike »

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: ATIS Tech courses
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:59 »
Hello everyone!

1. ......... I am good with computers ......

2. Can someone direct me to a link where I can find books/information on POET and ATIS-Tech occupational training or anything that is similar to it?

3. ............ can someone who has experience working as an ATIS Tech describe to me how a typical day looks like?

See the links that mariomike provided.

And LOCKED.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.