Author Topic: DND CIVILIAN RECRUITMENT  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Steve Tay

• Rate Post
DND CIVILIAN RECRUITMENT
« on: January 23, 2017, 02:42:24 »
Hi everyone,

I couldn't find a category for DND Civilian recruitment, so I put it here.

I was hoping to get some information on what the recruitment process for DND Civilian employees is like. I have an interview in a few days in Ottawa for a role I have applied to about 7 months ago. The instructions I got so far have been somewhat vague.

Also, I would appreciate if anyone can chime in about what it's like to work at DND, growth opportunities, management, tuition reimbursement, travel, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: DND CIVILIAN RECRUITMENT
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 13:21:07 »
For which classification, and do you have any idea which part of DND?

Offline Steve Tay

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 18:10:34 »
For which classification, and do you have any idea which part of DND?

Not sure what classification is, pay level maybe? PG-06 And it's for ADM Materiel

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 22:28:14 »
PG is the classification, 06 is the level.  That's procurement and finance.  Could be Air, Land, Sea, Major Projects.  PG-06 is as senior as they get, definitely management level.  For growth and advancement, I think you're looking at moving into the EX levels after that, not sure.  Procurement is definitely busy on the Navy side, the Air side doesn't seem too active, can't say much for the Army as they're not in our complex anymore since the fire at Louis St. Laurent building.  Major Projects is busy.  Travel depends largely on what you end up working on.  Can't speak too much to tuition reimbursement as I'm as edumacated as I'm going to get   ;D

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:18:45 »
Not sure what classification is, pay level maybe? PG-06 And it's for ADM Materiel

PG-06?  A pretty impressive (if at all possible?) entry to the PS for someone who only four years ago was in grade 11.  Are you sure that your interview is for a position at the PG-06 level?
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:26:00 »
PG-06?  A pretty impressive (if at all possible?) entry to the PS for someone who only four years ago was in grade 11.  Are you sure that your interview is for a position at the PG-06 level?

Holy schnikey...good catch, Blackadder1916.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this interview...

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:15 »

They also posted in 2010 (1 year before they stated they were "turning 16 soon", so they would have still been 14) that they applied for ROTP at RMC...should be an interesting interview.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Regimental Headquarter Staff
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 12:08:12 »
Even more interesting is that the OP would have graduated High school 3 years ago or so...

Hello Folks,

I am an Ontario high school student, and I will be starting Grade 12 in Sept. 2013, and I am in the process of finding out where my post-secondary education is going to take place.

And PG-06 is a pay scale with Performance Pay - to apply to employees subject to the Performance Pay Regulations
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Steve Tay

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 21:42:44 »
You guys made me L.O.L.

My younger sibling and I shared this account back in the day. Can't remember why  ;D

Anyways, the interview went great, it's a waiting game now.

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 09:14:03 »
Congratulations and good luck!

It was fun, though, speculating on a 21 year old in a PG-06 interview.