Author Topic: Japan's New Sea Skimmer  (Read 976 times)

Online tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Japan's New Sea Skimmer
« on: July 23, 2017, 10:01:47 »
This new Mach 3 capable sea skimmer will be a potent addition to the defense of the Japan as it will be deployed on F-2's,at sea and on land.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/how-japan-could-sink-chinas-navy-war-ramjet-missiles-21619

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Online tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Japan's New Sea Skimmer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 16:31:09 »
Could this missile be fired from Canadian Navy vessels and Hornets ? If so that would bring a super capability to the table.

Offline Karel Doorman

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 17:48:50 »
Could this missile be fired from Canadian Navy vessels and Hornets ? If so that would bring a super capability to the table.

If so yes,but that's the case for anyone who'll has this missile,only thing which is bothering me now is the range about 80 NM(or more)seems too short,i mean the ship f.e. which fires these missiles could come under attack itself due to this,or am i wrong in thinking that?  :P
Karel Doorman(Battle of the Java Sea)

"I'm attacking,follow me"

Offline Underway

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 19:22:34 »
If so yes,but that's the case for anyone who'll has this missile,only thing which is bothering me now is the range about 80 NM(or more)seems too short,i mean the ship f.e. which fires these missiles could come under attack itself due to this,or am i wrong in thinking that?  :P

Harpoon has an open source range of 67NM. Exocet has a range of approx 100NM.  It's right in the standard range it seems.  Also payload (exocet is light, harpoon is heavier) and speed are both issues.  At Mach 3 though, that's fast.