Author Topic: PTSD and Hypertension  (Read 3597 times)

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
PTSD and Hypertension
« on: August 21, 2017, 17:07:39 »
Has anyone has success with a hypertension claim consequential to PTSD?  VAC requires medical evidence despite a letter from a Psychiatrist  from the OSI clinic.  Iam unsure what else they are looking for. Any help is appreciated. TIA

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -3925.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
Re: PTSD and Hypertension
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 19:07:54 »
You need a MD to confirm the physical aspects and how your PTSD connects to those of hypertension. Take all of your paperwork, including your phsyc report to your doctor and explain the situation. If they have ever had dealings with VAC and Medavie/BC, they'll know what's needed.
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 17:54:52 »
Thanks recceguy. Iam seeing the NP @ OSI friday, so hopefully she write a letter.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -3925.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 01:31:05 »
PM me if you still have problems. Good luck.
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 13:37:04 »
She was useless gotta go back to my old doctor to verify normal numbers before the OSI.

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:51:06 »
CplCannabis,

I would be interested in seeing any update you have on this.

My hypertension was attributed to PTSD by an MO and the OSI clinic. My claim went from Step 1 to Step 3 in a flash but stalled there. I'll let you know what they decide. Maybe it will assist... or not.
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 22:31:41 »
Hi, AirDet

So I went back to my MD and he wrote a letter stating my hypertension started around the same time as my diagnosis of PTSD, BP readings previous were 138 over 82 consistently. The NP at the OSI clinic here is a *****, no support from her at all. She fills out VAC paperwork as judge, jury and executioner.  Submitted to BPA, hoping for a file review before a review board.

Offline AirDet

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 19:24:28 »
Wow, that sucks. The good news is that VAC makes their own assessment based on the entire picture.
Just because an opinion differs doesn't make it any less valid. Remember those who gave their ALL to guarantee freedom of speech.

Offline corporalcannabis

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 22:59:00 »
After a report from my MD and one from my psychiatrist, the BPA lawyer submitted the claim back for a departmental review. Now to wait a year for results from that. lol