Author Topic: Re: Selection Dates  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Living the Dream

• Rate Post
Re: Selection Dates
« on: November 21, 2017, 16:03:31 »
Hello Folks,

First of all, I would like to thank all contributors to this site who take time and patience to supply us, applicants, with useful information while explaining the process in detail. I have been paying attention to this forum for the past few months now, and it has been very helpful.

I have a couple questions that other DEO applicants may find of interest.

1. Selection dates for DEO MARS - I realize that about a month and a half ago there was a reply from Buck_HRA saying that about 50% of MARS openings are still outstanding for this year. My overall feeling on this specialization is that there hasn't been much happening with MARS selections since pretty much July 2017. Maybe, a few isolated candidates got selected here and there, but overall, not a whole lot of activity. Considering that there is only 1/3 of the fiscal 2017/2018 left, is there an anticipation for an upcoming largish selection any time soon? By researching this forum, I found an indication that in 2016, there was a MARS selection around end of November - early December. I wonder if a similar thing going to happen this year. Any information on the subject will be highly appreciated  :nod:

2. Selection dates and # of openings for DEO MSEO - I am aware that this is a very small specialization, but I listed it as my first choice. Any information on openings for Marine Systems Engineering Officers left for the year or possible selection dates would be great to know.

Thank you!