Author Topic: The Military Police [MP] Superthread  (Read 425539 times)

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
Re: The Military Police [MP] Superthread
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2018, 10:49:40 »
Yeah. Just like all things CF, communication isn't really on point.

Offline WatchDog87

• Rate Post
  • Formerly WEng87
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2018, 10:53:01 »
Yeah, things have changed for me.  Got the Course Loading message today for MP QL3 Serial 0034, 1 Aug - 12 Dec 2018.

only 12 guys on the message though, but I'm thinking the message only includes VOT/CT members and not Direct Entry.

Offline danteh

• Rate Post
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2018, 10:55:35 »
Well hopefully I'm in the same boat.

Offline Countertop

• Rate Post
« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2018, 10:56:08 »
Well I’m on leave right now so I have no DWAN access, is there anyway you could PM me to check if my name is on the posting message list?

Offline RayneWL

• Rate Post
« Reply #1054 on: September 20, 2018, 14:42:20 »
I was wondering if any MPs can shed some light on available postings in Ontario for Reg Force, places that are hurting for manning, and the MP CM for me. I am due to go on my QL3s in January and have been getting very concerned about potential postings. I have a sick family member (chronic illness) and I am their only NOK in Ontario and thus being the only person they can contact if something happens. Because of this I was hoping to stay in Ontario for my first posting. I live in Belleville so I was hoping to get to goto Trenton or Kingston but realistically I would take anything in Ontario (which to my understanding is only Trenton, Kingston, Pet and Borden?). With the current staffing what are the chances that I would be able to get at least Trenton or Kingston? Or even a posting in Ontario? I was hoping the appeal of a no-cost move for the CF would be a positive note. I was also thinking I would have to write up a memo to the CM detailing my situation to potentially get a compassionate posting and to make it very apparent that I am not going to try and get out of deployments or taskings but a long term posting would be a giant issue. I have heard horror stories of people not getting any of their three choices or asking for all one side of the country and getting posted to the other.

I also want to make it very clear that I understand I will get sent where they need me and am fully prepared to do so but not without trying everything possible to make sure I at least attempt to stay to help my family member if needed.

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #1055 on: September 20, 2018, 14:46:29 »
There’s also a fairly sizable detachment in Ottawa, just FYI.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline RayneWL

• Rate Post
« Reply #1056 on: September 20, 2018, 15:03:34 »
There’s also a fairly sizable detachment in Ottawa, just FYI.

That is very good to know. Thank you.

Online JesseWZ

• Mentor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1057 on: September 20, 2018, 15:12:15 »
That is very good to know. Thank you.

As well as smaller detachments in London, Meaford (Collingwood), and Toronto. There is also North Bay, (Northern Ontario on the #1).
I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard... I will be seen and not heard...