Author Topic: Chief military judge charged  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
Re: Chief military judge charged
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 18:39:15 »
Oh man, no kidding. I look at the troops in my unit and just shake my head sometimes. In our junior ranks mess right now I can offhand think of four Cpls who are lawyers (one of whom did his PD in anthropology before getting bored of that, going to law school, and joining the PRes), a Cpl who is a civil engineer managing eight or nine figure projects, a smattering of police/fire/paramedics, youth workers, very skilled public servants... Quite the crew of people.

Exactly.  I laugh quietly at the folks who chuck crap at Reservists for not being as good as the Reg F at whatever trade they're doing.  They seem to forget that a) said Reservists usually have an actual job outside the military, and b) it's probably more important/stressful than their gig in the PRes.
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline Simian Turner

is a veteran who enjoys oddities!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Do the right thing; do the thing right!
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 01:24:37 »
So does this state of affairs now open the door for those that the CMJ has stood in judgment of for the very same same offence, now have grounds for possible appeals?

I had wondered similarly if they would automatically review, to rule out prejudice/bias, all of the trials he presided over during the period of the alleged offences by him.
The grand essentials of happiness: something to do, something to love, something to hope for.  Allan K. Chalmers

Offline whiskey601

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 05:04:28 »
Poland is good people, he prosecuted some drawn out cases in London. He's definitely not going to have any I ethical or conflict of interests issues Witt this one.