Author Topic: WTB CG634 HELMET  (Read 2894 times)

Offline John8828

• Rate Post
WTB CG634 HELMET
« on: January 27, 2018, 20:57:37 »
Looking for a CG634 HELMET. Medium. Newer issue.

john8828@bell.net

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: WTB CG634 HELMET
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 23:14:30 »
Why?

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 14:47:42 »
You're looking at about $400 from a surplus store, but they'll likely be old/damaged. However, it's likely that the stores that obtained it are now illegally possessing the helmets.

Legality behind the helmet?

The CG634 Helmet is CTAT/Controlled Goods, their production, issue, return, and disposal/destruction is regulated. It's to avoid our capabilities from being defeated but also to protect the public; criminals don't need more kevlar available to them. You won't find them being sold as surplus on GCSurplus for a reason.

Helmets are kevlar and considered body armour, in many Canadian provinces there is some form of Body Armour Control Act, unless you meet the requirements of the act, possessing it is also illegal.

"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services pai
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 18:44:07 »
You're looking at about $400 from a surplus store, but they'll likely be old/damaged. However, it's likely that the stores that obtained it are now illegally possessing the helmets.

Legality behind the helmet?

The CG634 Helmet is CTAT/Controlled Goods, their production, issue, return, and disposal/destruction is regulated. It's to avoid our capabilities from being defeated but also to protect the public; criminals don't need more kevlar available to them. You won't find them being sold as surplus on GCSurplus for a reason.

Helmets are kevlar and considered body armour, in many Canadian provinces there is some form of Body Armour Control Act, unless you meet the requirements of the act, possessing it is also illegal.

The requirement for possession of body armour is a valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition License.
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Online Halifax Tar

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Ready Aye Ready
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 19:05:27 »
Lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 19:23:40 »
The requirement for possession of body armour is a valid Firearms Possession and Acquisition License.

That varies by province. Some provinces have laws around this, others do not.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Loachman

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 19:26:57 »
Airsoft ?

There are cheap replicas for that.

Unless it's really, really, really serious airsoft.

Offline John8828

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 10:23:16 »
Yes for Airsoft....  been looking at some on eBay. But old and not the newer interior. Also been looking at some from the Danish Military. However after conversion to Canadian looking at about $500 plus shipping and duty tax.

Offline John8828

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:49 »
Have seen older versions in Surplus stores. However very rough shape and UN issue as they're blue? I know I could buy a replica. Same with BDU. I prefer real deal...

Offline Loachman

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 17:50:19 »
https://www.evike.com/products/30530/
https://www.evike.com/products/60751/

Not the same, but put a cam cover, net, and scrim on it and nobody would notice the difference except for the chin strap, for which I have no solution.

For the interior, try https://store.skydex.com/helmet-pads/pad-set-plus-velcro-hook. Much more comfortable than the original suspension. A lot of people used those in Afghanistan, although they were eventually banned.

Offline LunchMeat

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 06:35:24 »
FWIW,

The Neligent Loss fee for a CG634 helmet that is levied by the CAF is $320 per helmet for replacement.
"The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” ~General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC

Offline John8828

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 19:25:54 »
Thanks for the websites. Much appreciated...  I think for now I'll pick up the grey helmet and pads.  I'd never want to have a illegal or stolen item....