Author Topic: We’ve given up on Canada’s military, so let’s abandon it altogether  (Read 35721 times)

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Actually not an emotional issue for me in any way, shape or form.

Just an issue that the CAF decided upon 30 years ago.

Apparently, some have yet to get over it and move on (the girls didn't bring it up in here).   
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Online ballz

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Actually not an emotional issue for me in any way, shape or form.

Just an issue that the CAF decided upon 30 years ago.

Apparently, some have yet to get over it and move on (the girls didn't bring it up in here).

No topic, decision, or policy is above questioning / criticism / objective analysis. Don't care if it's uncomfortable for you or anyone else.
Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
- Helen Keller

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post

No topic, decision, or policy is above questioning / criticism / objective analysis. Don't care if it's uncomfortable for you or anyone else.

I think it may actually be you who is uncomfortable with REALITY.

Fill 'yer boots then; I don't see us going back 31+ years in time, but you go guy!!  I'll better spend my time moving ahead with the CAF instead of insisting on living in the past.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
On that note, I’m shutting this down for a while. I requested that things get back on course in my earlier post, but that didn’t happen. This thread has certainly somewhat drifted off from the original article contents which were posted.
Let’s take a breather.

Staff

"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR