Author Topic: Quotable Quotes  (Read 637 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Quotable Quotes
« on: February 21, 2018, 16:31:38 »
Put your quotable quotes here:

"He wrapped himself in quotations—as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of emperors." Rudyard Kipling
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline X Royal

• Rate Post
Re: Quotable Quotes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 17:06:00 »
"Beer farts are the worst thing to develop in a relationship, that's unless you feel comfortable blaming noxious odours on your partner." ::)

Offline X Royal

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 17:08:37 »
" fishing is one of the few times you will not have a problem asking a buddy to hold your rod while you take a piss."

jollyjacktar

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 19:04:16 »
" fishing is one of the few times you will not have a problem asking a buddy to hold your rod while you take a piss."

I'm going to tell that one to the fishing guys at the office tomorrow.  But, I'll ask if that's the only occasion.

Offline Grey51

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 21:28:21 »
"Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." - Marcus Aurelius

"In 1917 I was only beginning to learn that life, for the majority of the population, is an unlovely struggle against unfair odds, culminating in a cheap funeral." - Siegfried Sassoon

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 21:42:06 »
“In peace-armies discipline meant the hunt, not of an average but of an absolute; the hundred per cent standard in which the ninety-nine were played down to the level of the weakest man on parade…. The deeper the discipline, the lower was the individual excellence; also the more sure the performance."

– T. E. Lawrence Seven Pillars of Wisdom
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon