Author Topic: The problem isn’t that life is unfair; it’s your broken idea of fairness.  (Read 1119 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
The problem isn’t that life is unfair; it’s your broken idea of fairness.

You may hate this. It may make you sick. Reality doesn’t care. You’re judged by what you have the ability to do, and the volume of people you can impact. If you don’t accept this, then the judgement of the world will seem very unfair indeed.

https://oliveremberton.com/2014/the-problem-isnt-that-life-is-unfair-its-your-broken-idea-of-fairness/
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

jollyjacktar

Holy hell, how many SJWs and Snowflakes are you trying to kill with this essay?  You're a monster!!   ;D

Online ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
I tell my kids there are three rules to a happy life:

1. Your life is hard, so is everyone else's;
2. Your life isn't fair, neither is anyone else's; and
3. Nobody cares.

There are two subsidiary rules:

4. Quit your whining;
5. Don't be an a**hole.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Holy hell, how many SJWs and Snowflakes are you trying to kill with this essay?  You're a monster!!   ;D

1. All of them

2. Thank you!
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Live your life. Do your job. Nothing comes free.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:44:52 by mariomike »