Author Topic: Regarding joining the reserves in a civilian capacity  (Read 864 times)

Offline Sean Murray

• Rate Post
Regarding joining the reserves in a civilian capacity
« on: June 27, 2018, 16:03:19 »
Hello,

I had not successfully completed training, and have realized I do not have the skills to be a soldier. I am passionate about public service. I am currently working in public health as an administrative professional. Can someone please state whether or not it is possible for someone to become a reservist in a civilian capacity i.e. doing administrative tasks? Also, would anyone know whether there are such opportunities elsewhere in the domain of national security and public safety? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sean Murray

Online Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Regarding joining the reserves in a civilian capacity
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 16:30:51 »
. . . Can someone please state whether or not it is possible for someone to become a reservist in a civilian capacity i.e. doing administrative tasks? Also, would anyone know whether there are such opportunities elsewhere in the domain of national security and public safety? Thank you.

No.  A reservist is a member of the Canadian Forces, usually a part-time member but not always.  There are no civilians in the Canadian Armed Forces.  There are, however, civilians who work for the Department of National Defence or other government departments or agencies who may be employed alongside or in support of CAF members.  As has been suggested to you before in other threads if you want such employment then you need to seek out what job openings there are in the public service.  Start here https://www.canada.ca/en/services/defence/jobs.html
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.