Author Topic: Seneca College Pilot Program ( CEOTP )  (Read 368675 times)

Offline Deadpoetic6

• Rate Post
Re: CEOTP-The Seneca College Pilot Program FAQs
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2016, 14:29:19 »
Good evening,

I have recently been merit listed and I hope that I am sufficiently competitive to be given an offer soon.

Would a recruiter be so kind as to let me know if some seats remain for CEOTP pilots for 2016-2017?

Many thanks.

My recruiter told me that its complete until april 2017

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2016, 14:53:48 »
My recruiter told me that its complete until april 2017

I highly doubt that to be true, as CEOTP Pilot positions have always been difficult to fill at best.  It's the CAF's best kept secret and one that requires an "enormous" amount of commitment and future dedication from potential applicants.

CEOTP Pilot selections are usually done on a weekly basis, so once your processing is completed and you actually hit the Merit List, it's only a matter of time before you get "the" call.

A very challenging training and academicly intensive program to say the least.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #477 on: September 14, 2016, 15:06:26 »
Good Day,

The information available to me at this moment in time is that Attraction and Processing are still open for CEOTP Pilot.  I'm also looking at the current seats that were determined for 2016/2017 and comparing it to how many offers have gone out and there are definitely positions still remaining in this recruiting cycle.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Offline AliTheAce

• Rate Post
« Reply #478 on: May 28, 2017, 17:08:09 »
What is the application cutoff date for CEOTP? I couldn't find it anywhere online.

I'm in grade 11 this year, but when should I be looking to apply next year?

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2017, 11:27:28 »
There is no CEOTP cut off date, applications are accepted year round.  However keep in mind that the earlier you apply the more positions (and opportunities for selection) remain open.

Offline Point Boy

• Rate Post
« Reply #480 on: September 11, 2017, 07:16:31 »
I have just recently been accepted for the CEOTP Pilot program and still have a couple questions I haven`t been able to find in this or any other thread, if anyone on here has any information on these topics it would be much appreciated.

The two main things I am still wondering is if, when I am at Seneca College completing the degree portion, will all CEOTP candidates be supplied a dorm room like at residence or am I responsible to find my own housing? And second I was wondering if anyone had a general idea of how long it usually takes between the ending of BMOQ and when Primary Flight Training begins.

Thanks

Offline JDW

• Rate Post
« Reply #481 on: September 11, 2017, 11:41:06 »
Hey Point Boy.

I am currently at Seneca.You can stay at Seneca Residence (It's recommended you do so) or elect to find your own place, which I did. I am sharing a basement apartment with another CEOTP student. We're a 10 minute walk from Seneca.

In our case, we graduated from BMOQ in February and started PFT in April. Hope this helps!

Offline Point Boy

• Rate Post
« Reply #482 on: September 11, 2017, 17:03:04 »
Thanks JDW, exactly what I was looking for!  :)

Offline AliTheAce

• Rate Post
« Reply #483 on: October 28, 2017, 18:13:45 »
During CEOTP Pilot at Seneca, does the military give you an allowance if you want to stay on residence? Is it enough to comfortably pay for housing and food? I've scoured the internet for information, but haven't gotten any relevant information.

Offline JDW

• Rate Post
« Reply #484 on: October 28, 2017, 20:02:29 »
Hi AliTheAce,

Yes, from personal experience, the salary allocated to a 2LT  is adequate to pay for Seneca tuition, residence (or an affordable place off residence) and food.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #485 on: October 30, 2017, 22:32:40 »
Tuition is paid for by DND/CAF, tuition does not come out of your salary - otherwise above is good info :-)

Offline AliTheAce

• Rate Post
« Reply #486 on: November 20, 2017, 00:44:18 »
For some reason I forgot to reply back to this thread after your responses, but...

Thanks for your help!

Now, on a side-note, when applying for the RCAF, can I apply for both RMC - ROTP Pilot and CEOTP - Pilot? Or do I have to pick just one?

if you had the choice, which one would you pick? This is the biggest dilemma of my life. I'm in cadets and I just LOVE the military atmosphere and the sense of family you have, plus how disciplined it makes you. I'm really gonna miss that in Seneca when I'm not gone flight training. But, on the other hand, I would love to become a pilot earlier (8 years total for RMC vs 4 years total for CEOTP) which would give me a longer and potentially more fruitful career. I also want to compete in cycling, which RMC seems to have had a team in the past for. I would love to study Aerospace Engineering at RMC since anything related to aviation is my passion, and I really enjoy physics in all forms.

Also, which one would give me a better chance of getting into? RMC most likely sees more applicants than Seneca due to it's appeal, so I'm assuming CEOTP would be less competitive and therefore easier to get into? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My current marks range from 76% in Advanced Functions (Hopefully I can bring them back up) to 89% in Physics and French. I should also be getting my Glider Pilot Scholarship this summer hopefully. Although I'm kind of forced to take a year off after high school because I need to wait for my citizenship to come in. I'll be working throughout the year, and also will be focusing on cycling.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #487 on: November 24, 2017, 09:41:57 »
I've just spoken with a Pilot who sits across from me: here's the coles notes.

Both entry plans end with the person having a University Degree.  RMC will give a "hard" engineering degree which is the appeal to some applicants.  Seneca (CEOTP) doesn't give the "hard" engineering degree, however with CEOTP you are getting your flying qualifications while attending school - this means that in your final year of school you're a fully qualified "pilot" and only need to pass your final year of school.  With RMC you do not get your flying qualifications while attending school, at the completion of the degree you will need to attend the appropriate courses to become a military pilot.

---- Keep in mind the above is the coles notes of what I was told, I am not a pilot, I do not have an engineering degree, and my specialty of knowledge is Health Services; as such if there are others who feel differently or have added information please feel free to add your comments.

As for applying to ROTP and CEOTP concurrently, again my specialty is Health Services - however as both entry plans are Officer entry plans I believe you can - with that said, it's best to confirm with your Recruiter/File Manager.

Offline Pre-flight

• Rate Post
« Reply #488 on: November 24, 2017, 11:04:54 »
For some reason I forgot to reply back to this thread after your responses, but...

Thanks for your help!

Now, on a side-note, when applying for the RCAF, can I apply for both RMC - ROTP Pilot and CEOTP - Pilot? Or do I have to pick just one?

if you had the choice, which one would you pick? This is the biggest dilemma of my life. I'm in cadets and I just LOVE the military atmosphere and the sense of family you have, plus how disciplined it makes you. I'm really gonna miss that in Seneca when I'm not gone flight training. But, on the other hand, I would love to become a pilot earlier (8 years total for RMC vs 4 years total for CEOTP) which would give me a longer and potentially more fruitful career. I also want to compete in cycling, which RMC seems to have had a team in the past for. I would love to study Aerospace Engineering at RMC since anything related to aviation is my passion, and I really enjoy physics in all forms.

Also, which one would give me a better chance of getting into? RMC most likely sees more applicants than Seneca due to it's appeal, so I'm assuming CEOTP would be less competitive and therefore easier to get into? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My current marks range from 76% in Advanced Functions (Hopefully I can bring them back up) to 89% in Physics and French. I should also be getting my Glider Pilot Scholarship this summer hopefully. Although I'm kind of forced to take a year off after high school because I need to wait for my citizenship to come in. I'll be working throughout the year, and also will be focusing on cycling.

Seneca still have to do at least phase 2, 3 and 4 though (I think they skip phase 1?), so you can add at least 3 additional years to the time you spend at Seneca.

Offline JDW

• Rate Post
« Reply #489 on: November 24, 2017, 13:06:29 »
As Buck_HRA mentioned, CEOTP students go through flying phases in between attending semesters at Senaca, so it takes a total of 4 years to get your BA in Aviation and to be a qualified pilot.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #490 on: November 24, 2017, 15:28:37 »
Just noticed this Pilot Event on Facebook for tomorrow (25-Nov-17)
https://www.facebook.com/events/139765729987302/

"Details:
Have you thought about becoming a Pilot in the Royal Canadian Air Force? Consider the Continuing Education Officer Training Plan (CEOTP) Pilot Program.

This unique training program enables candidates to obtain a Bachelor of Aviation Technology and Pilot’s Wings over a four-year period. In the first year of this program, candidates will complete Basic Military Officer Training, followed by Phase 1 Military Flying Training. In their second year, successful candidates will move into the academic phase at Seneca College in Toronto, Ontario. During the remaining two years of this program, candidates will complete their military flying training and the remainder of their studies at Seneca College."

The event is tomorrow from 10am to 2pm at Seneca College Newnham Campus 1750 Finch Ave. East, Toronto, ON M2J 2X5

Offline AliTheAce

• Rate Post
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2017, 14:20:42 »
Aw man, I just didn't look at the reply early enough! I had the Santa Claus parade this morning so unfortunately didn't get to go :/

Thank you for letting me know though! Was there an alert or a notification you got that helped you find it or did you stumble across it by chance?

Anyone here who went and is willing to share some information with me? I'd really appreciate it.

I hope they run it next fall so I can attend it and gain some information on it, would have been really helpful.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 14:28:31 by AliTheAce »

Offline Roger123

• Rate Post
« Reply #492 on: November 26, 2017, 11:59:49 »
Aw man, I just didn't look at the reply early enough! I had the Santa Claus parade this morning so unfortunately didn't get to go :/

LOL.  :rofl:

How old are you?  ;D. Just kidding. Have a great day!

Offline AliTheAce

• Rate Post
« Reply #493 on: November 26, 2017, 13:26:35 »
LOL.  :rofl:

How old are you?  ;D. Just kidding. Have a great day!

Hahah, I'm in cadets and the Santa Claus parade in Pickering is hosted by our sponsors, so it was mandatory for us to go.

If only I knew about the fair earlier, I could've asked to be excused :/

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #494 on: November 26, 2017, 21:59:35 »
Thank you for letting me know though! Was there an alert or a notification you got that helped you find it or did you stumble across it by chance?
There was an alert on Facebook by Forces Jobs: https://www.facebook.com/ForcesJobs.ForcesEmplois.CA/

What do you guys do in cadets? And what got you interested in cadets?
Suggest taking that conversation to PM or starting a new new topic :-)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.

Offline pbi

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Seneca Pilot Program Split from Jeans & mass punishment
« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2018, 08:08:37 »
:nod:

It's a technical skill on its own, and many nations employ varying structures of non-commissioned members to do so -- the technical side does not need officership, many (myself included) would argue.  Nothing special about t, just exacting with little room for error, but that's it.

G2G

Thanks G2G. I was going to mention the Sgt Pilots of WWII (and the WO hel pilots of Vietnam) to reinforce the "apples and oranges", but much better coming from One Who Knows.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:38:44 by MAJONES »
The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools. ...

The true measure of a man is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out...

Offline dapaterson

- a scruffy-looking nerf herder.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: Re: Jeans & mass punishment? #2
« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2018, 08:16:42 »
Nothing special about t, just exacting with little room for error, but that's it.

Little room for technical error.

Personality error, on the other hand  :nod:
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline MAJONES

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2018, 08:28:03 »
And pretty much any moron can fly a plane......

From my experience as a civilian flight instructor I can state that this is not correct.  I've seen a number of people who just could not learn to fly an aircraft.  I've seen an even greater number that could figure out how to fly an aircraft, but only during daylight and good weather and God help them if they had system failure.  Not everyone can be a professional pilot.

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2018, 08:29:49 »
Little room for technical error.

Personality error, on the other hand  :nod:

True, but then lack of personality isn’t limited to those with their hands on the controls.  It could also be the guy behind them who carries the flight pubs and makes the hotel bookings for the warriors up front. ;D