Author Topic: Case against Minneapolis officers appears to be unraveling  (Read 11502 times)

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
Re: Case against Minneapolis officers appears to be unraveling
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2020, 19:18:36 »
Good one! But Canada is likely the world's most valued country for our being supportive of US foreign policy. Even more than GB because they only have military assets to offer while we bring along moral support and great justification.

Under the Liberals, if global politics were a sandlot ball game Canada would get picked last and only because we always buy the beavertails after the game.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2020, 19:29:47 »
Canada is that nice kid that always comes by and mows your lawn without expecting anything in return. The world notices but doesn't give a crap.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Donald H

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2020, 19:47:13 »
Haggis and Target UP, I think Canada is the best country in the world, regardless of whether it's under the Liberals or Conservatives, bar none!

Is there a country better?

:cheers:
It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.
~Mark Twain.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2020, 23:28:47 »
It is a good country warts and all. Curious I looked at your profile, you have nothing at all and I would say that over 90% of your posts are political oriented. I am curious as why you would purse political discourse on a site dedicated to the military and not politics? 

So what's your primary interest in military stuff?

Cheers

Offline Target Up

........pull, patch, and score.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2020, 07:00:38 »
If I didn't think Canada was a pretty great place, I wouldn't be here, I have options. It just makes me laugh a little when people overestimate our place in the world and the weight our opinions have with it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 07:04:57 by Target Up »
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Donald H

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2020, 11:36:36 »
It is a good country warts and all. Curious I looked at your profile, you have nothing at all and I would say that over 90% of your posts are political oriented. I am curious as why you would purse political discourse on a site dedicated to the military and not politics? 

So what's your primary interest in military stuff?

Cheers

I'm not going to let this become a personal attack against me Colin but if you send me a p.m. with your questions I might be able to provide you with some answers.

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.
~Mark Twain.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2020, 11:39:57 »
No personal attack but a blank profile and very narrow posting history does beg the question. I am sure you can add value to other non-political discussions as well.

Offline Weinie

• Rate Post
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2020, 18:06:21 »
I'm not going to let this become a personal attack against me Colin but if you send me a p.m. with your questions I might be able to provide you with some answers.

Colin P has posed a valid question. Your profile is scanty, your opinions are not. This is not a personal attack, rather it is a sense of determining where you come from in terms of experience, background, etc.

The vast majority of folks on this site post CV data. It helps to determine the difference between SME's, the uneducated, the interested, the questioning, trolls, and posers. You have posted some info that suggests a broad range of knowledge and experience, albeit with links that are readily available via Google.  Hence, his question.
“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”
– Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Offline Donald H

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2020, 18:26:25 »
Colin P has posed a valid question. Your profile is scanty, your opinions are not. This is not a personal attack, rather it is a sense of determining where you come from in terms of experience, background, etc.

The vast majority of folks on this site post CV data. It helps to determine the difference between SME's, the uneducated, the interested, the questioning, trolls, and posers. You have posted some info that suggests a broad range of knowledge and experience, albeit with links that are readily available via Google.  Hence, his question.

I'll take back what I said to Colin, you and him get nothing. Make an appeal to the staff here if you want me removed so bad. Something may be negotiable with them if it can ensure that I remain anonymous. Otherwise, stop your personal attack because a few of you can't handle my political opinions.

Typical culprits who have been trying to cause trouble right from the beginning.
~Mark Twain.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2020, 18:34:54 »
Regarding profiles. From the Conduct Guidelines,

Public Profiles
I strongly encourage you to fill out all the sections of your public profile that you're comfortable with. We respect your privacy and won't force you to fill out your profile if you don't want to. Bear in mind though, that the amount of identifiable info in your profile will increase your general credibility here. Those with empty profiles are much harder to verify and will have to put a lot more effort into building a credible presence here.

Unfortunately, we've had some cases where a visitor tries to exaggerate or invent stellar military experience. ("I was a special forces sniper, but I can't tell you about that as my file is sealed...") Please. Don't insult us with this drivel. It is always painfully obvious what your real experience is, and we're impressed with quiet professionalism, not open bragging. These guys inevitably get forced out in the open and eventually leave the forums in disgrace.
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,24937.0.html
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2020, 18:45:25 »
Make an appeal to the staff here if you want me removed so bad.

Little bit over dramatic.

Typical culprits who have been trying to cause trouble right from the beginning.

For the whole month and a half you've been here.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Weinie

• Rate Post
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2020, 19:01:19 »
I'll take back what I said to Colin, you and him get nothing. Make an appeal to the staff here if you want me removed so bad. Something may be negotiable with them if it can ensure that I remain anonymous. Otherwise, stop your personal attack because a few of you can't handle my political opinions.

Culprit?  Hmmmm..........never been called that before.

If you want to rain fire on topics, then be prepared to receive fire back. It is the way that public discourse and debate occurs.

I know many of the folks on this site personally; I know many more through their posts and demonstrated knowledge on topics. I respect their positions, and sometimes challenge them. You have posted some strong positions, and what many would consider inflammatory rhetoric, and have been challenged. You have no bona fides established, and when I question them, you escalate to the mods.

Do you want to reconsider that?
“In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it.”
– Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Offline Donald H

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2020, 19:05:25 »
Regarding profiles. From the Conduct Guidelines,

see p.m.

~Mark Twain.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2020, 19:08:57 »
Like it says,

We respect your privacy and won't force you to fill out your profile if you don't want to.
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER

Offline Donald H

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2020, 19:13:41 »
Culprit?  Hmmmm..........never been called that before.

If you want to rain fire on topics, then be prepared to receive fire back. It is the way that public discourse and debate occurs.

I know many of the folks on this site personally; I know many more through their posts and demonstrated knowledge on topics. I respect their positions, and sometimes challenge them. You have posted some strong positions, and what many would consider inflammatory rhetoric, and have been challenged. You have no bona fides established, and when I question them, you escalate to the mods.

Do you want to reconsider that?

For you and the rest of your friends here. P.m me with your personal attacks. I have nothing more to say to you or any of the others than to tell you to bring on the fire. Why not start with the inflammatory rhetoric that seems to be bothering you.
~Mark Twain.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2020, 19:15:13 »

I won't even ask to have you removed, not that my word would carry any weight anyways. However it does inform as to how much effort I will put to engage with you, have a nice day and be safe.

Colin

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2020, 22:50:27 »
Back on track, folks.

Staff

”You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the ones you’re holding. ”
~Cheryl Strayed

“The aim of argument, or of discussion should not be victory, but progress.”~Joseph Joubert

Offline Haggis

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2020, 22:56:11 »
Haggis and Target UP, I think Canada is the best country in the world, regardless of whether it's under the Liberals or Conservatives, bar none!

I have stood on that wall for Canada wearing a green or blue uniform for over 40 years.  It is a wonderful, beautiful country with some of the smartest, kindest and most giving people in the world.

However, what I think of Canada internationally is irrelevant. My post was to make the point that Canada has not been taken seriously on the world stage since 2015 and probably  will retain that ignominious status for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 10:26:42 by Haggis »

Offline Retired AF Guy

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2020, 10:17:07 »

However, what I think of Canada internally is irrelevant. My post was to make the point that Canada has not been taken seriously on the world stage since 2015 and probably  will retain that ignominious status for the foreseeable future.

"internally"?? Or did you mean "internationally" ?
"Leave one wolf alive, and the sheep are never safe."

Arya Stark

Offline Haggis

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2020, 10:27:33 »
"internally"?? Or did you mean "internationally" ?

Gosh darn otto korrect.  Fixed.