Author Topic: Media: Bias, errors, follies, etc. (merged)  (Read 535761 times)

Offline Strike

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Welcome to the Dead Parrot's Society.
Re: Media: Bias, errors, follies, etc. (merged)
« Reply #1325 on: August 23, 2017, 11:29:45 »
The Rebel is nothing but a tabloid, and I don't mean in the printing format.

They may very well get a few good pieces out every once in awhile.  But by and large, their staff are mostly inexperienced wannabe journalists who would rather post a story with the intent of stirring the pot than to do the tiniest bit of fact checking or even asking if the other side has something to say.

I'm speaking from experience.

It's a shame, because there have been a few really hard working individuals that are willing to do the hard work to get into the nitty gritty that no one wants to talk about, but their work is overshadowed by Team Instant Gratification.
Stop assuming I'm a man!

Don't know how long I want to keep playing this game...

Offline Scott

- apparently an antagonist.

• Likes fire and loud noises.
  • Chief of Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • El Scorcho Diablo
« Reply #1326 on: August 23, 2017, 11:56:22 »
Team Post What Drums Up Max Donations.

Jesse Brown did a pretty good show this week on Ezra and The Rebel. it's worth a listen.
Be nice for no reason.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #1327 on: August 23, 2017, 12:03:06 »
Jesse Brown did a pretty good show this week on Ezra and The Rebel.
Good to meet another Canadaland fan!  I don't always agree with everything there, but it's a cool "other voice".
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Scott

- apparently an antagonist.

• Likes fire and loud noises.
  • Chief of Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • El Scorcho Diablo
« Reply #1328 on: August 23, 2017, 12:25:48 »
Yup, big fan. In the same boat as you re: not always agreeing, but I agree more than I don't.

And the fact that he makes things very uncomfortable for Ezra is pretty rad in my books.
Be nice for no reason.

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
« Reply #1329 on: September 10, 2017, 01:21:41 »
Interesting development, Rebel media is pre emptively seeking ways to eliminate their dependence of platforms like YouTube. Being deplatformed, having your platform demonetized (i.e. they play ads on your videos but you receive no revenue), preventing linking or playing on other sites is already a way of life for many conservatives and conservative channels on YouTube, so this seems entirely warranted:

The launch of The Rebel Media mobile app is only a few weeks away. Please help us crowd fund the final components of this long-awaited mobile app (and take us all one step closer to being free from Silicon Valley censors) by donating at TheyCantStopUs.com. Thank you!

Considering how Sun TV was deplatformed by tilting the playing field against it (every news channel was included in basic cable packages except Sun TV, and the CRTC would not relent either place Sun on basic cable, or force other news channels to be put on specialty packages), Ezra has reason to be concerned.
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.