Author Topic: AESOp ( MOC 081)  (Read 475886 times)

Offline x-zipperhead

• Rate Post
Re: AESOp ( MOC 081)
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2006, 21:26:00 »

You're just jealous......admit it !!

Just jealous of your ablities and good looks!.......NOT ;D

aesop081

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2006, 21:38:19 »
Just jealous of your ablities and good looks!.......NOT ;D

Like i said...jealous !

Maybe we should do something like the SAR techs are doing.  Hire 2 civies to become aesops and see how it goes ?  Call it a "buy and try"

Offline GOF

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2006, 19:20:00 »
Okay, I'm convinced, a lot of good arguments...
Every morning I wake up is a good day.  Something my late wife who was dieing of cancer said to sister-in-law.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 22:47:54 »
The travelling roadshow does seem to be on.  It is in Esquimalt on Wed 29 Mar.  Before I saw the msg on it, I hadn't know about the trade at all, but since then have learned lots.

I guess I fall into the old and crusty crowd with 14+ years in and 33 years old.  But I like the idea of it being a re-muster trade for the fact that everyone starting out has played the game, knows the basic rules and is there (mostly) because they honestly want to be, not because they are a kid fresh out of high school and it sounds "cool".
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline x-zipperhead

• Rate Post
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2006, 09:43:28 »
The travelling roadshow does seem to be on.  It is in Esquimalt on Wed 29 Mar.  Before I saw the msg on it, I hadn't know about the trade at all, but since then have learned lots.

I guess I fall into the old and crusty crowd with 14+ years in and 33 years old.  But I like the idea of it being a re-muster trade for the fact that everyone starting out has played the game, knows the basic rules and is there (mostly) because they honestly want to be, not because they are a kid fresh out of high school and it sounds "cool".

Good to hear it's happening.  If you go to it, leave a post and let us know how it went. 

I agree with you about the benifits of it being remuster.  The problem is there just aren't enough applicants.  I'd be interested to hear what the attendance is like and what people's impressions were.

Best of luck to you if you decide you think it is something you want to do.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2006, 20:12:06 »
I went to the "roadshow" today.  Attendance wasn't too bad I guess, about 10 of us there, mostly LS.  One walked out shortly after it started, and I heard a few others talking saying that they were actually applying for SAR Tech, but it was suggested to them to put AESOP down as a second choice.

It was given by a couple AESOPs from Pat Bay, as well as one from the Recruiting Centre.  Good basic background information was given.  All specific info was about the Sea Kings though, so it would have been nice to have someone with Aurora experience too.

All in all, I learned a bit more to add to what I've got, and am definitely still interested.
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline x-zipperhead

• Rate Post
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2006, 15:21:53 »

I went to the "roadshow" today.  Attendance wasn't too bad I guess, about 10 of us there, mostly LS.  One walked out shortly after it started, and I heard a few others talking saying that they were actually applying for SAR Tech, but it was suggested to them to put AESOP down as a second choice.

It was given by a couple AESOPs from Pat Bay, as well as one from the Recruiting Centre.  Good basic background information was given.  All specific info was about the Sea Kings though, so it would have been nice to have someone with Aurora experience too.

All in all, I learned a bit more to add to what I've got, and am definitely still interested.

Glad to hear you got something out of it. 10 doesn't sound like a huge turn out.  Just curious, how was it advertised?
  It would be better I am sure if it was a little more well rounded with info on Aurora, different ground jobs, instructional duties, etc. in addition to Sea King stuff.  It is just a new thing and perhaps it will expand a little bit in the future.
If you have any burning questions about life on an Aurora crew feel free to PM me.

aesop081

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2006, 15:36:14 »

Glad to hear you got something out of it. 10 doesn't sound like a huge turn out.  Just curious, how was it advertised?
  It would be better I am sure if it was a little more well rounded with info on Aurora, different ground jobs, instructional duties, etc. in addition to Sea King stuff.  It is just a new thing and perhaps it will expand a little bit in the future.
If you have any burning questions about life on an Aurora crew feel free to PM me.

Then she can get a ZX perspective...she's been getting the QQ perspective for some time....hahaha

Offline x-zipperhead

• Rate Post
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2006, 16:59:11 »
Then she can get a ZX perspective...she's been getting the QQ perspective for some time....hahaha

On second thought a ZX perspective might send people running instead of attracting them. Just kidding Greenwood is pretty good!  You know you miss it!

aesop081

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2006, 17:10:15 »
On second thought a ZX perspective might send people running instead of attracting them. Just kidding Greenwood is pretty good!  You know you miss it!

I'll be there to be reminded of how much i hate it last week of april for OMS

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2006, 17:19:31 »
It was advertised by message to the fleet, and then put on the local DIN splash screen as well a week beforehand.  As well, some of the people there seemed to be there just through word of mouth.

Yes, it would have been interesting to have both sides of the story.  From my understanding, an AESOP from Comox was invited, but had previous committments, and besides didn't remember their way to Victoria lol.

I have just returned from putting my application in at the recruiting centre.  They are a bit stuck right now, as they are unsure how to proceed with it.  Supposedly a reservist has never applied for a transfer to reg force AESOP.  I am definitely going to keep on top of that though.

Thank you for the offer.  I am learning more each day, and as something comes up, I will drop a line.

Offline Dolphin_Hunter

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2006, 21:04:22 »
I just started the ball rolling on my OT to 00019, hopefully things will go quickly and smoothly.    I just hope I didn't start this too late for this years boards

aesop081

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2006, 21:13:46 »
I just started the ball rolling on my OT to 00019, hopefully things will go quickly and smoothly.    I just hope I didn't start this too late for this years boards

board usualy sits in october.......make sure you stay on the ball for your CFAT, interview and medical

glenndon

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2006, 21:18:35 »
I have yet to even see the msg yet for this year.  Anyone else seen it yet?? 

Glenn

aesop081

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2006, 21:20:40 »
I have yet to even see the msg yet for this year.  Anyone else seen it yet?? 

Glenn

the trade is open year-round as it is a COTP trade...doent matter when you apply, the trade is always open.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2006, 21:28:56 »
....they were actually applying for SAR Tech, but it was suggested to them to put AESOP down as a second choice.

??? Two clearly related trades. They both wear flying suits, and......and, well...... they fly...mostly  ::)
There’s nothing more maddening than debating someone who doesn’t know history, doesn’t read books, and frames their myopia as virtue. The level of unapologetic conjecture I’ve encountered lately isn’t just frustrating, it’s retrogressive, unprecedented, and absolutely terrifying.
~Chris Evans

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2006, 21:29:46 »
the trade is open year-round as it is a COTP trade...doent matter when you apply, the trade is always open.

Unless you're a reservist trying to apply for it and since you have to go through CFRC, it shows there being zero openings.  But I am working on that, just frustrated is all.

aesop081

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2006, 21:33:05 »
Unless you're a reservist trying to apply for it and since you have to go through CFRC, it shows there being zero openings.  But I am working on that, just frustrated is all.

Yeah well you're....special......
You know and understand full well why its says zero at the CFRC for openings.

Again, If you are REGULAR force, you can apply at ANY time

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2006, 21:49:05 »
Yeah well you're....special......
You know and understand full well why its says zero at the CFRC for openings.

I know I'm special.  :D  Wait, you mean the other kind of special don't you....LOL

Yes, I understand why it shows that at CFRC, but it's still really frustrating especially when they simply point out other trades that you qualify for.  The whole CT process was supposed to be simplified for reserves.  Unfortunately, that didn't take into account COTP.

Offline Dolphin_Hunter

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2006, 23:53:53 »
Hey as long as they stall you long enough so that you aren't in competition with me this year!   ;D

Truthfully I am just kidding, and I hope you get that **** squared off so your files will be at the board

hiv

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2006, 03:42:21 »
Get your damn medicals done, too!
You could lose your spot on course if you don't have a valid aircrew medcat.

See you cats in the peg :D

Offline Dolphin_Hunter

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2006, 17:49:11 »
Do I need my aircrew medcat to be accepted?   Or can I be in the process of getting that done, and still be accepted.

Will it look better on my file if I get my aircrew medcat done so that its recorded on my file at the board?

aesop081

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2006, 17:52:27 »
I had my medical done before i got accepted. Its better that way but i know a few individuals who had been accepted first.  Your acceptance will be conditional on passing your medical..Consult with the BPSO for the most accurate info.

Sub.guy,

i got your email and will try to sort something out with you for a famil flight as soon as i can.

Offline Dolphin_Hunter

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2006, 18:48:56 »
Thanks, I will aim to get my medical done soonest, I am aware that my files end up going to Toronto for the thumbs up/thumbs down, and that it takes almost 3 months?  If I can get in soon it may be reflected on my file as having it done.

Thanks Aesop081
 I appreciate everything you are doing.

aesop081

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2006, 19:15:02 »

Thanks Aesop081
 I appreciate everything you are doing.

No problem.  Good luck.