Author Topic: Performance Oriented Electronic Training (POET)  (Read 63742 times)

Offline CCR

• Rate Post
Re: POET in Kingston
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2013, 15:39:49 »
I am on the new version of POET right now, I am AVS tech and we have some ATIS guys as well. I believe ACISS does a course called FET. AS far as being course loaded quickly, that would depend on spots available and I believe they are trying to run courses of 12 students.

Offline LCISindenial

• Rate Post
POET in Kingston
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2013, 20:04:17 »
ACISS CST (formerly known as LCIS)complete FET on their DP 2.1.

Contact info for CFSCE is on your course loading message.

Generally OJT is requested via memo thru chain of command and approval will be based on numerous factors(ie. position avail, location, etc;)

Offline Fiver

• Rate Post
Re: POET in Kingston
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2013, 12:24:15 »
Anyone knows when is the block leave for the summer of 2013 at CFSCE? I've heard last of July&first of August but I've also heard the first 2 weeks of August.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Offline Alpheus

• Rate Post
POET credit civvy side
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2017, 20:20:26 »
I want to start an ILP with George Brown college in their Electronics Engineering Technician Diploma.  The prerequisite is their Electronics Technician Certificate Program, which looks like a carbon copy of the old POET, which I took in 2011.  Does anyone know someone in CFSCE who I can contact to get a detailed course syllabus of the old POET, so I can see if GBC will grant me credit for it?

Offline Occam

Go RRRRRRRREDBLACKS!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Performance Oriented Electronic Training (POET)
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2017, 22:13:39 »
You may want to check this out with your local PSO.  Last I heard CDA went through some kind of overhaul, and I haven't heard what became of MCTAP.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5031-6.page

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Performance Oriented Electronic Training (POET)
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2017, 11:36:05 »
CFSCE Standards likely still has a copy of the POET QS and TP. Both of those documents should be more than enough to get a PLAR completed for you. There should be contact information on their DWAN website.