Author Topic: CF1 Card - merged with NDI 75  (Read 138771 times)

Offline paleomedic

• Rate Post
Re: CF1 Card - merged with NDI 75
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2016, 10:40:44 »
Paul (or anybody else): Can you get both? I have my 75,  but should I then also get this CFOne to cover all places that provide military discounts?

I believe they discontinued the NDI75.
The CFOne Card is replacing it.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2016, 11:25:53 »
Paul (or anybody else): Can you get both? I have my 75,  but should I then also get this CFOne to cover all places that provide military discounts?

The CAF ceased issuing NDI75's as of 1 Feb 16.  The only method of identifying yourself as a former member/veteran of the CAF these days is to obtain the CFOne Card which will indicate you are a Veteran.   Yes you can have both and the CFOne is widely recognized for obtaining discounts.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2016, 11:39:49 »
Adding for reference,

The CAF ceased issuing NDI75's as of 1 Feb 16. 

Offline beastintheeast

• Rate Post
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2017, 04:04:53 »
Ok, I live in the Land of Smiles and Sum LOL Thailand.  When I was discharged in 2001 they gave me an ID card.  Unfortunately, i lost my wallet and with it my ID card. 

I reported it to the Canadian Embassy CF ATTACHE but they did not care.

Now besides that being the one thing that said I served it was great and acted as a replacement for my passport many times.

I would like to know who I report the loss too and how or if I can get it replaced.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Offline kratz

Spring 2018.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2017, 04:25:45 »
Beastintheeast,

Sorry to hear you've lost your card. Sadly in 2016, the old cards were replaced with the "CF One" card program.  This new card must be used with a second form of government ID in order to benefit from any potential military discounts. You can apply for this new card through the Canex website.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline kratz

Spring 2018.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2017, 13:21:33 »
ref: CBC.ca

We've discussed the pros / cons of a veteran's photo ID. Here's the latest push to renew the topic:

Veteran calls for government ID cards as 'small token' of thanks
Gus Cameron will be in Ottawa to help present ID card petition to Parliament

A Halifax veteran says a little piece of plastic could go a long way in recognizing the contribution made by retired service members to Canada.

Gus Cameron, who spent 26 years in the Royal Canadian Navy, is travelling to Ottawa today to help deliver a petition that calls on the federal government to reinstate photo identification cards for veterans.

He said since the cancellation of the National Defence Identification 75 Record of Service cards in early 2016, veterans don't have any portable proof of their service.

This summer, he created an e-petition to the House of Commons that garnered 1,725 signatures. More than a quarter, 485, came from people living in Nova Scotia.

more at link...
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

jollyjacktar

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2017, 13:54:53 »
Good on Gus.  He can be most eloquent when he wants to be, I hope he gets some traction.

Offline bridges

• Rate Post
  • Servitium Nulli Secundus
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2018, 10:33:25 »
It's a shame that they don't issue the NDI 75 anymore.  I recently lost my wallet, and with it, my NDI 75.  It was an official document and the only tangible proof of service.  I've requested a CF One card only because I need it for luggage fee waivers, but it won't be the same - there's no photo, and it seems to be more of a store loyalty card, than a record of service.   

I see that the government has responded to the petition; apparently VAC, DND and RCMP are working to produce a joint sort of veteran's card.  Time will tell.  Thanks to all who worked to get that petition submitted.
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-1140 

By the way, keep some cash at home always - enough for groceries & gas for a week, plus driver's licence replacement fees ($35 in Ontario), while waiting for your new bank card to come in the mail.  Some people are fond of saying that they don't carry cash anymore, but if our little pieces of plastic vanish, so does that whole electronic payment system.  Keep one or two cards at home if you can.  Also, keep your passport handy at home - it's useful for proving identity if your cards are gone.   Sharing as a public service.   :-) 
"Only a person of liberal mind is entitled to exercise coercion over others in a society of free men."   -General Sir John Winthrop Hackett, GCB, CBE, DSO & Bar, MC